Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler's Future

(09-02-2018, 09:48 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 08:20 AM)Jagwired Wrote: My dog smells idiocy in this post. I can see it. Amazing.

Michael Vick did hard time in a federal penitentiary for instigating a fight between dogs.

The cancer Fowler instigates a fight between two women and the media defends him pointing out he did NOTHING illegal.

[Image: some-people-just-want-to-watch-the-world...736582.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2018, 10:39 AM by Predator.)

(09-02-2018, 09:48 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 08:20 AM)Jagwired Wrote: My dog smells idiocy in this post. I can see it. Amazing.

Michael Vick did hard time in a federal penitentiary for instigating a fight between dogs.

The cancer Fowler instigates a fight between two women and the media defends him pointing out he did NOTHING illegal.

Maybe it's because there is no proof Fowler instigated anything. Basically what you are presenting is nothing more than defamation.

It's pretty pathetic that you have to fabricate your "facts" to make an argument. What a loser and a joke you are.

(08-29-2018, 01:49 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Personally, I like the guy. But his immaturity at times really shows. I mean, there has to be a reason they suspended him and not Yannick. I hope he destroys it this year and we can bring him back. But the dumb penalties and acting up is still recent; so I'm not sure anyone really believes that right now.

I hope the Jaguars platoon Yannick and Dante. That way, Dante's comp pick value could rise; meanwhile, it would keep Yannick fresh and his sack number down so he won't command a Khalil Mack contract.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(09-01-2018, 05:38 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: I think, in the end, he finds himself playing OLB on a 3-4 defense. I smile thinking about what Bill Cowher might have done with an athlete like Fowler 20 years ago.
He is going to make a 3-4 team very happy next year. He is going to be a great OLB in a 3-4 scheme.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-02-2018, 10:29 AM)Predator Wrote:
(09-02-2018, 09:48 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Michael Vick did hard time in a federal penitentiary for instigating a fight between dogs.

Maybe it's because there is no proof Fowler instigated anything. Basically what you are presenting is nothing more than defamation.

It's pretty pathetic that you have to fabricate your "facts" to make an argument. What a loser and a joke you are.
The eye in the sky didn't lie.

(09-03-2018, 02:50 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 05:38 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: I think, in the end, he finds himself playing OLB on a 3-4 defense. I smile thinking about what Bill Cowher might have done with an athlete like Fowler 20 years ago.
He is going to make a 3-4 team very happy next year. He is going to be a great OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Agree

(09-04-2018, 01:21 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(09-02-2018, 10:29 AM)Predator Wrote: Maybe it's because there is no proof Fowler instigated anything. Basically what you are presenting is nothing more than defamation.

The eye in the sky didn't lie.

The eye in the sky can't show instigation. That is just in your ignorant head.

(09-03-2018, 02:50 PM)Dimson Wrote:

Agreed. He is tailor-made for a 3-4 scheme.

(08-31-2018, 06:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 02:20 PM)Kane Wrote: Well... yes and no.
Not sure how many "hurries" or "hits" he was credited with, but he only got 2 total tackles for the game... I think he played 3 full quarters iirc.
He did have a patented Fowler offside penalty... He had one play where he blew up the backfield and got a TFL of like -6 yards. But from what I could tell this is because the RT or up back didn't do what they were supposed to. Both guys end up on the LB coming in and Fowler is essentially untouched.

Anywho... the obvious course for Fowler has pretty much been laid out... We're gonna hold on to him for now (I would assume we would have heard of substantial trade rumors). Hope he gets us enough sacks through the year to be worth the roster spot. And hopefully perform well enough someone signs him for money in the offseason netting us a comp pick.
Best case scenario, he plays out of his mind and makes it a tough decision for the team. But ultimately I think Fowler is no longer a Jag after this season, no matter what.

I agree. And honestly, I think its best for both parties. Let us get one awesome year of him trying to prove he's a top DE and then let him cash in elsewhere so we can really settle in on Ngakoue and grooming Bryan.

Indeed. I also think they like what McCray brings as a situational pass rusher/back up.
And I could see us drafting another pass rusher from the mid rounds in 2019.

He controls his own destiny. This is his prove it year. If he stays clean and produces a 10 sack season we'd find a way to keep him. If he is just an average contributor and looks better just because of the team around him then we have trade value at least.
No pain, no gain.

(09-06-2018, 10:54 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: He controls his own destiny. This is his prove it year. If he stays clean and produces a 10 sack season we'd find a way to keep him. If he is just an average contributor and looks better just because of the team around him then we have trade value at least.

I mean, he was an average (below average really) contributor last year who looked better just because of the team around him, but that doesn't stop people from throwing out the sack stat to obfuscate the measly 20 pressures.

(08-30-2018, 03:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 01:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: So instead of the "Vicky Mendoza Diagonal" is it the Dante Fowler Line?

Gets arrested
Has 8 sacks in part time
Gets kicked out of practice
Hopefully has 10 sacks

As of now I would nominate it being called the Josh Gordon line.

Josh Gordon has officially fallen on the stupid side of his own line.

This season will write his future with the team. If he puts up double digit sacks, I don't think the team can let him go. He is so young as well.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jaguars traded Fowler before the deadline. Depending on how Fowler performs and if Bryan/McCray show enough to pull the trigger on a trade. Not likely to happen...but, there is the possibility. Also, keep in mind, they will likely not re-sign him. There are teams that have the money to overbid on him.

(09-15-2018, 11:25 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if the Jaguars traded Fowler before the deadline. Depending on how Fowler performs and if Bryan/McCray show enough to pull the trigger on a trade. Not likely to happen...but, there is the possibility.  Also, keep in mind, they will likely not re-sign him. There are teams that have the money to overbid on him.

Agreed 100%.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 03:58 AM by ColoJag.)

I wouldn't accept anything less than a 2nd

(09-16-2018, 03:57 AM)ColoJag Wrote: I wouldn't accept anything less than a 2nd

That all depends on how he performs this season. If we went by last year's stats, I'd totally agree, but if hi stats fall way off this season, there's no way we'd get a pick that high. We'll just have to see. Hopefully, he starts fast and puts up some significant numbers to make his trade value higher. With the salaries edge pass rushers are now getting, there's no way we can afford to keep him, so I'd love a high draft pick to find his replacement.

The guy has been on fire from the playoffs through today. He's legit- the kind of player we hoped he could be when we drafted him.

He is going to cash-in in FA. Young pass rushers rarely reach FA. It is crazy that he is only 24.... Some rookies enter the league at 24.

agreed, we need to find a way to keep all our D-line, start talking to them now about building a dynasty, and that we want to pay them like they deserve, but if each takes just a little less, we can maybe keep them all

we are fine at RB without high priced guys, same at WR