Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khalil Mack traded to Bears!

(09-01-2018, 08:04 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 06:33 PM)Upper Wrote: Meh, one of the most elite young players in the league just got Jordan Zimmermann money. You should have played baseball.

Also, you know how much Yannick's has to be drooling right now. We're going to have to dig real deep to keep him.

Or basketball lol

But yeah, I'm getting a little scared to see what Ngakoue's deal will be

Do you think Yannick will want to be the top paid D player in the league? I know we all know how good he is and he's going to get a huge contract but i don't know if he has that reputation like Donald has. Don't get me wrong, i love Ngakoue, he's a beast and people are starting to know him (even if commentators and 'experts') don't know how to pronounce his name. 

Now Jalen.......

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-01-2018, 07:55 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 07:24 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Gruden is an idiot I mean wow. Thats like us trading away Ramsey/Yannick/Telvin any of them really why would you do that haha.

Giving those fans in Oakland one last 'Raiders' season!!!

Yes Oakland have some cap space and picks but i see this as judging what you have against what you could have.

You can't doubt Mack's quality, when they got to the playoffs 2 seasons ago, he was the guy making the game winning plays. He was their guy. No replacement this year and whist they have 2 1st rounders, how useful are they if the Bears go to the playoffs? Not going to get a Mack picking 15-25 without a huge slice of luck or your trading to go back up the draft and there go the 2 1st rounders. I get where guys are coming from with the picks AND the contract but he's a top level talent, those guys get paid.

The Bears have made some really nice moves this summer and that NFC North is going to be brutal.

And Mack seriously got paid. $90m guaranteed, $60m guaranteed at signing!!

What??? He didn't even record a single sack and he was playing against Brock Trashweiler. 

Raiders easily came out ahead on this deal. Y'all act like Khalil was leading a top defensive unit or something. Again, they haven't finished higher than 21 during his tenure in Oakland.. They are more than capable of that type of defensive production without him geez.

(09-01-2018, 08:21 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 08:04 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Or basketball lol

But yeah, I'm getting a little scared to see what Ngakoue's deal will be

Do you think Yannick will want to be the top paid D player in the league? I know we all know how good he is and he's going to get a huge contract but i don't know if he has that reputation like Donald has. Don't get me wrong, i love Ngakoue, he's a beast and people are starting to know him (even if commentators and 'experts') don't know how to pronounce his name. 

Now Jalen.......

He will want whatever the market says he's worth..why the heck wouldn't he???

(09-01-2018, 08:53 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 07:55 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Giving those fans in Oakland one last 'Raiders' season!!!

Yes Oakland have some cap space and picks but i see this as judging what you have against what you could have.

You can't doubt Mack's quality, when they got to the playoffs 2 seasons ago, he was the guy making the game winning plays. He was their guy. No replacement this year and whist they have 2 1st rounders, how useful are they if the Bears go to the playoffs? Not going to get a Mack picking 15-25 without a huge slice of luck or your trading to go back up the draft and there go the 2 1st rounders. I get where guys are coming from with the picks AND the contract but he's a top level talent, those guys get paid.

The Bears have made some really nice moves this summer and that NFC North is going to be brutal.

And Mack seriously got paid. $90m guaranteed, $60m guaranteed at signing!!

What??? He didn't even record a single sack and he was playing against Brock Trashweiler. 

Raiders easily came out ahead on this deal. Y'all act like Khalil was leading a top defensive unit or something. Again, they haven't finished higher than 21 during his tenure in Oakland.. They are more than capable of that type of defensive production without him geez.
Erm, how about this? Note on the strip sack fumble recovery TO WIN THE GAME, the Panthers try to triple team him. 

I'd suggest watching some football but your a tinhorns fans which tells me all I need to know! 

Enjoy the Wildcard race with the T*tans. 

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2018, 01:10 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(09-02-2018, 12:24 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 08:53 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: What??? He didn't even record a single sack and he was playing against Brock Trashweiler. 

Erm, how about this? Note on the strip sack fumble recovery TO WIN THE GAME, the Panthers try to triple team him. 

I'd suggest watching some football but your a tinhorns fans which tells me all I need to know! 

Erm how about you learn football..  Week 12 ISN'T THE PLAYOFFS.

Did you even read your own post or see what I was responding to?

Seriously, your rebuttal is posting some random highlight clip that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your previous post I quoted or my post.

Lol, Holy hell strawman. Laughing

(09-02-2018, 01:02 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-02-2018, 12:24 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Erm, how about this? Note on the strip sack fumble recovery TO WIN THE GAME, the Panthers try to triple team him. 

Erm how about you learn football..  Week 12 ISN'T THE PLAYOFFS.

Seriously, your rebuttal is posting some random highlight clip that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your previous post I quoted or my post.

Sigh, 'when they got to the playoffs 2 years ago, I was referring to getting into the playoffs, like the 16 game season that includes weirdly a Week 12.

I didn't realize you were so literal and could only read it as once they got in the playoffs, like he did nothing all seaaon. And oh Yeah, the playoff game against their 3rd string rookie QB?

(09-02-2018, 02:21 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-02-2018, 01:02 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Erm how about you learn football..  Week 12 ISN'T THE PLAYOFFS.

Sigh, 'when they got to the playoffs 2 years ago, I was referring to getting into the playoffs, like the 16 game season that includes weirdly a Week 12.

I didn't realize you were so literal and could only read it as once they got in the playoffs, like he did nothing all seaaon. And oh Yeah, the playoff game against their 3rd string rookie QB?

What does the Raiders QB in that game have anything to do with what I said?

(09-01-2018, 09:21 AM)Bullseye Wrote: The one caveat I would have in all of this is that Gruden traditionally has relied heavily on older veterans to stock his team.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-in-years/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-01-2018, 08:58 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 08:21 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Do you think Yannick will want to be the top paid D player in the league? I know we all know how good he is and he's going to get a huge contract but i don't know if he has that reputation like Donald has. Don't get me wrong, i love Ngakoue, he's a beast and people are starting to know him (even if commentators and 'experts') don't know how to pronounce his name. 

Now Jalen.......

He will want whatever the market says he's worth..why the heck wouldn't he???

I think Ngakoue might be a little more willing to take a hometown discount than Jalen would. 

But it won't be a substantial deviation from market value. I also don't picture him holding out for a deal like Mack and Donald but you never know
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-02-2018, 08:12 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 08:58 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: He will want whatever the market says he's worth..why the heck wouldn't he???

I think Ngakoue might be a little more willing to take a hometown discount than Jalen would. 

But it won't be a substantial deviation from market value. I also don't picture him holding out for a deal like Mack and Donald but you never know

I agree with you, I think somewhere around 10-12m a year would be perfect, that's still up there for D linemen, basically picking up what were paying Calais. 

Ramsey is going to have to be the best paid corner period. But he's worth it.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/03/khalil-mack-trade-super-bowl-prediction-peter-king/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/01/khalil...en-raiders

(09-03-2018, 07:27 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-02-2018, 08:12 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I think Ngakoue might be a little more willing to take a hometown discount than Jalen would. 

I agree with you, I think somewhere around 10-12m a year would be perfect, that's still up there for D linemen, basically picking up what were paying Calais. 

Calais gets 15 m a year.  That's what I think Yannicks minimum will be, with a bit more guaranteed since hes younger

(09-03-2018, 10:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 07:27 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: I agree with you, I think somewhere around 10-12m a year would be perfect, that's still up there for D linemen, basically picking up what were paying Calais. 

Calais gets 15 m a year.  That's what I think Yannicks minimum will be, with a bit more guaranteed since hes younger
Sounds about right.

https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/status/...1054433280

There's a pretty cool breakdown Arif did showing how the Donald/Mack megadeals compared to % of salary cap with some of the other huge deals of the past. I also think it's a pipe dream to think that Donald and Mack just got 22 and 23 AAV, but two years later worth of cap rises Yannick is going to take ~7+ mil less AAV. I think we would be lucky if Yannick gives us a discount in the 10% of salary cap range, which would put him over 20 mil as well.

(09-02-2018, 08:12 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 08:58 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: He will want whatever the market says he's worth..why the heck wouldn't he???

If Ngakoue or Jalen ever wants that kind of money, we'd have to do what the Raiders did. It kills me to say that and I desperately want to keep these guys as long as possible, but such a contract for a small market team like us, would severely limit our ability to put an entire team of good players on the field. That is why great drafting is so important to our franchise. We hit home runs by selecting Ngakoue, Jalen, Myles, Leonard and hopefully Jacobs. We MUST continue this trend to stay competitive, because we cannot afford to pay the hundreds of millions of dollars now give to players at premier positions.

Greed before team. Contracts like this are going to be the reason why we won't be able to maintain the level of play on defense that we established in 2017. It happens. Just hope they can win a Superbowl before these things start to happen.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

[Image: DmSTghVXoAEIoOh.jpg]

K Mack ballin out there.

Man he is a one man wrecking crew out there tonight though
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS