Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nike & Colin Kaepernick

(09-05-2018, 01:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 11:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol and what about the people bashing Nike saying their stock is down because of Kap? That's clearly not true. I don't even have an agenda. Just pointing out that their stock is not fluctuating because of Kap. He has nothing to do with their stock. UA is down like 3% today....

How do you know what's in Nikes best interests? I'm sure they've thought this whole thing out and they believe it will have nothing to do with their stock. For every person that stops buying Nike because of their stance, another person will buy it.

Give it time. At this point regardless of our views and/or stances it's all pure speculation. I am sure people will still overpay for their products as we always have. I really don't have a personal stake invested in NIKE or a dog in this race. But again it's comical that a company that's been built off the backs of cheap child slave labor is now attempting to throw it's hat in the ring inside of the political and activist arena. 

We're all hypocrites to a degree. I am not shying away from this fact when it comes to myself as well. But I would like someone from NIKE to at least admit how comical all of this [BLEEP] is and how hypocritical it is. If they care so much now about black activism and being a large voice for the small minority in America then put your money where your mouth is as well.

They could start by moving their cheap slave labor factories and their other foreign interests back into the United States and specifically provide more opportunities to the black people and other minority groups that feel victimized by Uncle Whitey in this country. Instead of using a face and controversy to stir up the pot through the MSM. Back your beliefs with actual actions. Because at this point they look foolish as hell when it comes to morality.

+1

Excellent points.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nike has actually been playing SJW games for 20+ years. I watched a 1995 ad insinuating that somebody was not letting girls play sports.
It featured a bunch of 5 year olds saying stuff they didn't even begin to understand.
"If you let me play sports, I'll be more likely to leave the man who beats me" etc.
The poor little kids probably thought the man was gonna beat them at hopscotch or something.

(09-05-2018, 11:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 11:06 AM)Kane Wrote: Up from what exactly? The tumble it took? lol
You think the tumble was Kap related? UA is down today... is that Kap related or nah?

Nah.

Alls I'm sayin is they announced this and then lost millions upon millions.
Draw whatever conclusions you wish. Or none at all.

Either way. Kap was a turd before this.
As was Nike.
Two turds combined into one doesn't make the two turds better.

(09-05-2018, 01:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 11:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol and what about the people bashing Nike saying their stock is down because of Kap? That's clearly not true. I don't even have an agenda. Just pointing out that their stock is not fluctuating because of Kap. He has nothing to do with their stock. UA is down like 3% today....

How do you know what's in Nikes best interests? I'm sure they've thought this whole thing out and they believe it will have nothing to do with their stock. For every person that stops buying Nike because of their stance, another person will buy it.

Give it time. At this point regardless of our views and/or stances it's all pure speculation. I am sure people will still overpay for their products as we always have. I really don't have a personal stake invested in NIKE or a dog in this race. But again it's comical that a company that's been built off the backs of cheap child slave labor is now attempting to throw it's hat in the ring inside of the political and activist arena. 

We're all hypocrites to a degree. I am not shying away from this fact when it comes to myself as well. But I would like someone from NIKE to at least admit how comical all of this [BLEEP] is and how hypocritical it is. If they care so much now about black activism and being a large voice for the small minority in America then put your money where your mouth is as well. Also, why did it take them this long to hop aboard the the great Racial divide train and false narratives the MSM has spoon fed people over the last few years?

They could start by moving their cheap slave labor factories and their other foreign interests back into the United States and specifically provide more opportunities to the black people and other minority groups that feel victimized and marginalized by Uncle Whitey in this country. Instead of using a face and controversy to stir up the pot through the MSM. Back your beliefs with actual actions.

Because at this point they look foolish as hell when it comes to morality. In other words, do they REALLY give a [BLEEP] about all of this? Because I highly, highly [BLEEP] doubt it. They're just like any other greedy corporation looking to cash on in on sensationalism in this country.

I'm sure you would cheer Nike actually building a new shoe or other clothes factory in the US, but would you cheer them doing so and specifically recruiting only American black people to run it?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-05-2018, 03:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 01:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Give it time. At this point regardless of our views and/or stances it's all pure speculation. I am sure people will still overpay for their products as we always have. I really don't have a personal stake invested in NIKE or a dog in this race. But again it's comical that a company that's been built off the backs of cheap child slave labor is now attempting to throw it's hat in the ring inside of the political and activist arena. 

We're all hypocrites to a degree. I am not shying away from this fact when it comes to myself as well. But I would like someone from NIKE to at least admit how comical all of this [BLEEP] is and how hypocritical it is. If they care so much now about black activism and being a large voice for the small minority in America then put your money where your mouth is as well. Also, why did it take them this long to hop aboard the the great Racial divide train and false narratives the MSM has spoon fed people over the last few years?

They could start by moving their cheap slave labor factories and their other foreign interests back into the United States and specifically provide more opportunities to the black people and other minority groups that feel victimized and marginalized by Uncle Whitey in this country. Instead of using a face and controversy to stir up the pot through the MSM. Back your beliefs with actual actions.

Because at this point they look foolish as hell when it comes to morality. In other words, do they REALLY give a [BLEEP] about all of this? Because I highly, highly [BLEEP] doubt it. They're just like any other greedy corporation looking to cash on in on sensationalism in this country.

I'm sure you would cheer Nike actually building a new shoe or other clothes factory in the US, but would you cheer them doing so and specifically recruiting only American black people to run it?

Not anymore than I would if they recruited only whites, or only yellows or browns.  You can't overcome racism by being racist.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-05-2018, 03:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 01:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Give it time. At this point regardless of our views and/or stances it's all pure speculation. I am sure people will still overpay for their products as we always have. I really don't have a personal stake invested in NIKE or a dog in this race. But again it's comical that a company that's been built off the backs of cheap child slave labor is now attempting to throw it's hat in the ring inside of the political and activist arena. 

Wouldn't bother me at all. You know why? Because they're Americans at the end of the day regardless of their skin color. And I am all for that. Nike is embedded with Black Culture as well. Especially with the Jordan line. It actually makes a ton of sense commercially. But my whole point is that if you're going to talk the talk you better walk the walk as well. Don't just put a man's face on your brand and try to sell it all nice and neatly. Like the public doesn't know what you're doing. 

But you can't just leave it at that. That's why I would LOVE to see NIKE back up this statement with actions. Go out it in the country. Hit up the inner cities that love their athletes and brand name and give them something to look forward to or celebrate and be apart of with actual, tangible work and hope. 

“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?'” - Martin Luther King Jr. 

Balls in your court NIKE.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

To folks who want to burn or throw away their Nike stuff, give it to a veteran who you prentend to care about.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(09-05-2018, 03:42 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: To folks who want to burn or throw away their Nike stuff, give it to a veteran who you prentend to care about.

Or maybe Nike could just give brand new gear to the veterans at COST. You know, 40 cents.

Nike is paying their employees (80% are female) 20 cents an hour and they work 70 to 80 hours a week. So, $14 - $16 a week for working 2 jobs. I wonder how Nessa feels about that? Oh well, she got hers - and his.

(09-05-2018, 04:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 03:42 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: To folks who want to burn or throw away their Nike stuff, give it to a veteran who you prentend to care about.

Or maybe Nike could just give brand new gear to the veterans at COST. You know, 40 cents.
40 cents is still more expensive than the clothes people have already bought.

So again, if you are going to burn your items, don’t do it. Instead, donate it.

(09-05-2018, 04:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Don’t know if you are being flippant with this response but the military get a specialized discount with Nike.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(09-05-2018, 04:59 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Nike is paying their employees (80% are female) 20 cents an hour and they work 70 to 80 hours a week.  So, $14 - $16 a week for working 2 jobs.  I wonder how Nessa feels about that?  Oh well, she got hers - and his.

Did you care about this issue on this past Sunday?

I see the snowflakes are upset again.

This is marketing genius by Nike.

(09-05-2018, 05:51 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 04:59 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Nike is paying their employees (80% are female) 20 cents an hour and they work 70 to 80 hours a week.  So, $14 - $16 a week for working 2 jobs.  I wonder how Nessa feels about that?  Oh well, she got hers - and his.

Did you care about this issue on this past Sunday?

Not really, but do you care that it would be worse for those women and kids if they had no job at all? The real minimum wage, after all, is and always will be zero dollars and zero cents.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Just looked at the share price...

Wow what a tanking. The same as it was mid August much higher than a year ago.
Fake news?

(09-05-2018, 06:58 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Just looked at the share price...

Fake news?

Trump's economy continues booming while Nike fell 3% over the weekend then closed today back up 0.4%. Time will tell what happens with the Kap thing, but almost every company on Earth  is gaining from the Trump Surge.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-05-2018, 07:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Fake news?

Trump's economy continues booming while Nike fell 3% over the weekend then closed today back up 0.4%. Time will tell what happens with the Kap thing, but almost every company on Earth  is gaining from the Trump Surge.
Try checking the Nike stock over the past year....

UA was down almost 3% today. Why is that? 
Nike is just fine.

(09-05-2018, 07:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
what a tanking. The same as it was mid August much higher than a year ago.
Fake news?

Yeah it's booming over here since tax cuts were shot down.

(09-05-2018, 11:12 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 07:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Trump's economy continues booming while Nike fell 3% over the weekend then closed today back up 0.4%. Time will tell what happens with the Kap thing, but almost every company on Earth  is gaining from the Trump Surge.

Yeah it's booming over here since tax cuts were shot down.

You're welcome.

Are you Chinese? Or is the USA buying all the iron one and coal?