Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantasy Advice

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 04:50 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

Quickly, before tonight's game... Who gets more points this week? Brady or Bortles?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 05:09 PM by DangerousBoy.)

(10-04-2018, 04:47 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Quickly, before tonight's game... Who gets more points? Brady or Bortles?

Personally I'd go with Brady (I have him on my team). He is getting his favorite target back in Edelman and it may be a shoot out. Yes the same could be said for Bortles and the terrible KC defense, but I just don't trust Bortles fantasy wise from a consistency standpoint.

For me I have to pick two between Edelman, Golladay or Yeldon in .5ppr.
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 05:54 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(10-04-2018, 04:47 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Quickly, before tonight's game... Who gets more points this week? Brady or Bortles?

Probably Brady against the garbage Colts defense. I'm personally rolling with The Boat but my other choice is not Brady lol

I'll rephrase. I think Blake has the better matchup amd can put up bigger numbers this week. But with Brady, you KNOW you're going to get solid points at worst.

Both are good options

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 06:00 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(10-04-2018, 08:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 08:39 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Trade Ingram for Juju?

I'm leaning yes but that puts my RB depth to nothing. Gurley, Fournette/TJ, Aaron Jones
Depth is overrated.

What does your WR crew look like? Juju is amazing and you're trading Ingram before he's even played a game. I like the trade.

I took it. 

My WRs now stand at:

Landry
Juju 
E. Sanders

T Gabriel
Cole
Sanu

Someone just offered me Odell and Royce Freeman for Gurley and Sanu... hard pass.

(10-04-2018, 04:50 PM)DangerousBoy Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 04:47 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Quickly, before tonight's game... Who gets more points? Brady or Bortles?

Personally I'd go with Brady (I have him on my team). He is getting his favorite target back in Edelman and it may be a shoot out. Yes the same could be said for Bortles and the terrible KC defense, but I just don't trust Bortles fantasy wise from a consistency standpoint.

I'd go with Yeldon. You know he will be an integral part of the Jags offense with handoffs and short passes, and even goal line plays.

(10-04-2018, 05:52 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 04:47 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Quickly, before tonight's game... Who gets more points this week? Brady or Bortles?

Probably Brady against the garbage Colts defense. I'm personally rolling with The Boat but my other choice is not Brady lol

I'll rephrase. I think Blake has the better matchup amd can put up bigger numbers this week. But with Brady, you KNOW you're going to get solid points at worst.

Both are good options

I think I have to go with Brady. There's more probability that he does well. Blake could do well, and should have plenty of chances to get some passes in, but there's not enough consistency right now, at least enough for me to have confidence to put him in. My fear is that the Patriots do TOO well and then just play too conservative and go to the ground game. Hopefully they are out to run the score up on the Colts in order to prove to everyone that they are still the Patriots.

(10-04-2018, 04:50 PM)DangerousBoy Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 04:47 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Quickly, before tonight's game... Who gets more points? Brady or Bortles?

I agree with Flagler. Yeldon should have a big day. Edelman is going to be rusty

Brady looks to have been a good start.

Oh boy, im up by 26 with no players left and my opponent has Dalvin Cook playing the Seahawks tonight. I hope I can hold on to make it to the semi finals in my first ever FF season!

Ok, I got a weird one for ya:

I'm leading 157 to 154 over my opponent. I have Chris Carson, and he's got no one. So I've probably already won..

Probably. I've seen adjustments made to scoring by the various leagues before, so it's possible I could lose 3 points or he could gain 3.

Do I risk starting Carson and possibly going negative, or bench him for the probable - but not certain - win?

Well, we're now into a new season and we've just had our fantasy draft... below is my Line Up going into week 1:

QB. Jackson
RB. Ekeler
RB. Mixon
WR. Robinson
WR. Sutton
TE. Engram
FLEX. Marqise Brown
D/ST. Chargers
K. Lambo

BENCH:

Howard, Lindsay, James White, Hooper, John Brown, Mayfield, Fitzgerald

Please rate/slate : )

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020, 09:52 PM by fatboi904.)

QB: Lamar Jackson
RB: James Conner , Le’Veon bell , James Robinson , Phillip Lindsay
WR: Micheal Thomas D J Chark, Stefon Diggs, Julian Edelman, Courtland Sutton, Tahj Boyd, Ceede Lamb
TE: Austin Hooper
K: don’t have one yet projected to win this em without one.
Def: Eagles I stream week to week

What would your optimal line up be I’m curious to see if I’m overthinking something.

(09-06-2020, 04:23 PM)Brindle91 Wrote: Well, we're now into a new season and we've just had our fantasy draft... below is my Line Up going into week 1:

QB. Jackson
RB. Ekeler
RB. Mixon
WR. Robinson
WR. Sutton
TE. Engram
FLEX. Marqise Brown
D/ST. Chargers
K. Lambo

BENCH:

Howard, Lindsay, James White, Hooper, John Brown, Mayfield, Fitzgerald

Please rate/slate : )

Gotta watch the Sutton injury now to see if he’s healthy, do you think Lindsay is gonna get some of those snaps in Denver I hope so

Strangely I’ve managed to trade Lindsay for Miles Sanders, the guy who had him must have been scared about the injury. Happy to wait for him to become healthy in a few weeks!

Thoughts on this trade:

1/2 PPR league, 12 teams.

I give up Chris Carson and Justin Herbert.
I get Michael Thomas and Kenyon Drake.

I still have:
QB Tannehill
RB Zeke, Giovanni Bernard, David Johnson, JK Dobbins, Justin Jackson.
WR Robert Woods, Robby Anderson, Nelson Agholor, Chris Godwin
TE Jonnu Smith

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2020, 07:11 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-31-2020, 11:38 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Thoughts on this trade:

I still have:
QB Tannehill
TE Jonnu Smith

No way! Thomas and Drake are both hurt. Thomas may be back next week, but Drake is out for a while. I have Drake and he's only had one good week for me anyway. No way I would trade Herbert. He's been a beast! I had him as my backup QB behind Lamar Jackson and he's so good I just traded Jackson for James Robinson and Robert Woods. I'm rolling with Herbert from here on out and now, I have a consistent starting RB to pair up with Josh Jacobs.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2020, 08:00 PM by rpr52121.)

(10-31-2020, 07:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 11:38 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Thoughts on this trade:

I still have:
QB Tannehill
TE Jonnu Smith

No way! Thomas and Drake are both hurt. Thomas may be back next week, but Drake is out for a while. I have Drake and he's only had one good week for me anyway. No way I would trade Herbert. He's been a beast! I had him as my backup QB behind Lamar Jackson and he's so good I just traded Jackson for James Robinson and Robert Woods. I'm rolling with Herbert from here on out and now, I have a consistent starting RB to pair up with Josh Jacobs.

But Herbert is rookie who succeed in his first 4 games on a team with a bad OL and no running game. There is no way he keeps this up for the rest of the season.

Carson also scares me due to injury risk. Every week I basically need a fall back option because he is often a game-time decision. Plus with Seattle's now pass-first offense, his ceiling is capped from prior years even if he pass catching helps his floor more than in past years.

(10-31-2020, 07:59 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 07:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No way! Thomas and Drake are both hurt. Thomas may be back next week, but Drake is out for a while. I have Drake and he's only had one good week for me anyway. No way I would trade Herbert. He's been a beast! I had him as my backup QB behind Lamar Jackson and he's so good I just traded Jackson for James Robinson and Robert Woods. I'm rolling with Herbert from here on out and now, I have a consistent starting RB to pair up with Josh Jacobs.

But Herbert is rookie who succeed in his first 4 games on a team with a bad OL and no running game. There is no way he keeps this up for the rest of the season.

Carson also scares me due to injury risk. Every week I basically need a fall back option because he is often a game-time decision. Plus with Seattle's now pass-first offense, his ceiling is capped from prior years even if he pass catching helps his floor more than in past years.

Hey, I'm gonna ride the hot hand and right now, that is Herbert.

Carson scares you due to injury, so you're gonna trade him for a RB (Drake) that got carted off the field last week and who knows when he will be back? That doesn't really make much sense to me. At least Carson has a chance to play. Drake is out for a while.

(10-31-2020, 08:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 07:59 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: But Herbert is rookie who succeed in his first 4 games on a team with a bad OL and no running game. There is no way he keeps this up for the rest of the season.

Hey, I'm gonna ride the hot hand and right now, that is Herbert.

Carson scares you due to injury, so you're gonna trade him for a RB (Drake) that got carted off the field last week and who knows when he will be back? That doesn't really make much sense to me. At least Carson has a chance to play. Drake is out for a while.

Drake is really the throw in. I'm more betting on Thomas coming back in Week 9 and resembling a top 5 WR.

Carson is also technically injured, and he has known history of fighting through it for 1 quarter and then sitting on the sideline.

I get riding the hot hand with Herbert. I just know the cliff is coming eventually. 

I know your argument is the "safest". It just seems short lived to me.

(10-31-2020, 10:48 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 08:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Hey, I'm gonna ride the hot hand and right now, that is Herbert.

Drake is really the throw in. I'm more betting on Thomas coming back in Week 9 and resembling a top 5 WR.

Carson is also technically injured, and he has known history of fighting through it for 1 quarter and then sitting on the sideline.

I get riding the hot hand with Herbert. I just know the cliff is coming eventually. 

I know your argument is the "safest". It just seems short lived to me.

You do what you want. I think you'll regret it.