Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantasy Advice

(09-27-2018, 04:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I went back to back RB's with Melvin Gordon in the 1st and Leonard Fournette in the 2nd. I was the 9th pick in a 12 team draft. I also added Royce Freeman late in the draft and he's been good for a touchdown a game, since Fournette has been out. Not many rushing yards, but the touchdowns have been keeping my head above water. Where I'm weak, is QB. I have Case Keenum and Joe Flacco, but I just picked up Baker Mayfield as well. Hopefully, I can catch lightning in a bottle, but I'm still starting Keenum this week. He has the most favorable matchup.

I’d go Baker Mayfield against Raiders, their secondary is awful! I have Callaway in the flex, hoping for a big week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-27-2018, 04:06 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 10:31 AM)Brindle91 Wrote: Fournette misses far too many games, i'm glad I didn't draft him.

I'm in a bit of a mess to be honest at the moment. I have McCaffrey and Peterson on a BYE week so that leaves me with Blount and a questionable Dalvin Cook.

Need someone off waivers badly but there's no one about with it being a 12 team league.

RB is the worst position outside of maybe TE for trying to fill off the waivers after week 2 or so (barring injury or surprise player showing up)

Nyheim Hines, Javorius Allen are a couple guys who could help ya out. Hines more PPR though and Allen is TD dependent but is a RZ vulture. I notice they are available in a lot of leagues.

Deeper waiver pulls and they are more a wing and a prayer
Chris Ivory (McCoy is coming back, but is still nursing a hammy, so they could split.) Theo Riddick, certainly its now Kerryon Johnson's team and RB job... but Riddick is still a passing option for Stafford and so in PPR leagues he might be worth a spot.

Otherwise, you may just have to keep your fingers crossed that Cook plays and Blount gets some RZ carries for the iggles. (and maybe eat an L)

(09-27-2018, 09:57 AM)Brett Wrote: Thanks man. We do a FAAB Budget starting with $100 each in our league. So I bid $13 for Ridley and $6 for Brown. I'm still really wanting to get rid of Amari Cooper. Rest of my team now:

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Le'Veon Bell, James Conner, Alex Collins, Lamar Miller, Sony Michel
WR: Davante Adams, Amari Cooper, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Sammy Watkins, Nelson Agholor, Calvin Ridley, John Brown
TE: Rob Gronkowski
DEF: Bears
K: Harrison Butker

How many RBs and WRs do you start (1 flex I assume?)
That's a very solid team for sure.

Thanks bud! We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

(09-27-2018, 05:09 PM)Brindle91 Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 04:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I went back to back RB's with Melvin Gordon in the 1st and Leonard Fournette in the 2nd. I was the 9th pick in a 12 team draft. I also added Royce Freeman late in the draft and he's been good for a touchdown a game, since Fournette has been out. Not many rushing yards, but the touchdowns have been keeping my head above water. Where I'm weak, is QB. I have Case Keenum and Joe Flacco, but I just picked up Baker Mayfield as well. Hopefully, I can catch lightning in a bottle, but I'm still starting Keenum this week. He has the most favorable matchup.

I’d go Baker Mayfield against Raiders, their secondary is awful! I have Callaway in the flex, hoping for a big week.

Actually, Kansas City's pass defense is tied with the Bucs for last in the NFL. I'd rather have a veteran like Keenum against the 31st rated pass defense, then a rookie QB facing the Raiders, as bad as they are. I picked up Mayfield to see what he can do in an entire game, on a week where he had to prepare with the first team. If he does well, I might roll with him the rest of the season, but I have to see how he fares against the Raiders first.

How many people left Kupp on the bench?

(09-27-2018, 09:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: How many people left Kupp on the bench?

I didn't have him on my team, but I did play Brandin Cooks. 66 yards receiving so far and a 47 yard TD reception. That makes me happy.  Big Grin My opponent has Robert Woods.

(09-27-2018, 06:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Actually, Kansas City's pass defense is tied with the Bucs for last in the NFL. I'd rather have a veteran like Keenum against the 31st rated pass defense, then a rookie QB facing the Raiders, as bad as they are. I picked up Mayfield to see what he can do in an entire game, on a week where he had to prepare with the first team. If he does well, I might roll with him the rest of the season, but I have to see how he fares against the Raiders first.

Roll the dice this week! Raiders really are bad..

I benched Blake for Keenum.

I needef 25 points from a QB and his main WR against the worst defense in the league.

I [BLEEP] lost.

(10-01-2018, 11:24 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I benched Blake for Keenum.

I needef 25 points from a QB and his main WR against the worst defense in the league.

I [BLEEP] lost.

I lost as well. By 2 lousy points, because I started Fournette instead of Royce Freeman. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm no longer in first place.  Cry

(10-02-2018, 03:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 11:24 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I benched Blake for Keenum.

I [BLEEP] lost.

I lost as well. By 2 lousy points, because I started Fournette instead of Royce Freeman. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm no longer in first place.  Cry

Yup, lost by 7. If Sanders was able to get the lateral into the endzone I would have won.

Oh well, 2-2 isnt the end of the world.

Sickening what Jaguars players are doing to me. (or what I've done to myself with Jaguar players)
Blake Bortles waiver wire add after Pats, played vs tacks benched Russ, benched for jets, played Russ
Fournette 9th overall selection, 9 points or some crap
Yeldon, waiver wire stash dumped when Fournette was "healthy" opponent picked him up and played him against me this week. Nice....
Cole waiver wire add after Pats, played for tacks game as a stack with Bortles. SMH

(10-02-2018, 04:59 PM)Kane Wrote: Sickening what Jaguars players are doing to me. (or what I've done to myself with Jaguar players)
Blake Bortles waiver wire add after Pats, played vs tacks benched Russ, benched for jets, played Russ
Yeldon, waiver wire stash dumped when Fournette was "healthy" opponent picked him up and played him against me this week. Nice....
Cole waiver wire add after Pats, played for tacks game as a stack with Bortles. SMH

I normally stay away from Jags' players in fantasy football, simply because they usually are ranked pretty low in overall points at the end of the year, but Fournette had a good 2017 season and he was just sitting there with the 16th overall pick in round 2, so I couldn't resist. I could've had Kareem Hunt, but I had him last season and as good as he started, his stats fell off immensely in the second half of the season, so I passed. I'm an idiot.

(10-02-2018, 04:59 PM)Kane Wrote: Sickening what Jaguars players are doing to me. (or what I've done to myself with Jaguar players)

Pretty much exactly what I did

Trade Ingram for Juju?

I'm leaning yes but that puts my RB depth to nothing. Gurley, Fournette/TJ, Aaron Jones

[BLEEP] it. I accepted.

(10-03-2018, 08:39 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Trade Ingram for Juju?

I'm leaning yes but that puts my RB depth to nothing. Gurley, Fournette/TJ, Aaron Jones

Ingram for Ju-Ju? Yes.

(10-03-2018, 08:39 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Trade Ingram for Juju?

Depth is overrated.

What does your WR crew look like? Juju is amazing and you're trading Ingram before he's even played a game. I like the trade.

In a half point PPR league I traded Cooper Kupp for David Johnson.

For clarification, I am shallow at RB (I have Jordan Howard, TJ Yeldon, Chris Carson and Jay Ajayi), but was super deep at WR (Hopkins, Beckham, Baldwin, Edelman, Golladay and Kupp). I also feel as though Johnson will turn it around with Rosen in the backfield over Bradford.

How do you think I did?
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

(10-04-2018, 02:03 PM)DangerousBoy Wrote: In a half point PPR league I traded Cooper Kupp for David Johnson.

For clarification, I am shallow at RB (I have Jordan Howard, TJ Yeldon, Chris Carson and Jay Ajayi), but was super deep at WR (Hopkins, Beckham, Baldwin, Edelman, Golladay and Kupp). I also feel as though Johnson will turn it around with Rosen in the backfield over Bradford.

How do you think I did?

Yes. DJ has started coming around after a slow start to the season. I think you did well. Odell, Nuke, and Edelman should dominate your starting lineup for the most part anyway.

I approve.

I can't ever get any trade partners. But I usually want to make sure I'm "winning" the trade lol

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 02:21 PM by DangerousBoy.)

(10-04-2018, 02:11 PM)Kane Wrote: Yes. DJ has started coming around after a slow start to the season. I think you did well. Odell, Nuke, and Edelman should dominate your starting lineup for the most part anyway.

I approve.

I can't ever get any trade partners. But I usually want to make sure I'm "winning" the trade lol

Yea, I'm actually holding off one week on Edelman in the line up. It is a short week and he is coming back off of both an ACL injury and a 4 game suspension and Yeldon has a super easy matchup.

The league actually is a 1 RB 2 WR 2 Flex league. So most of the time I'll be running 4 WRs (Nuke, Beckham, Edelman and either Baldwin or Golladay). I should be good to go, in my opinion.
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

(10-04-2018, 02:03 PM)DangerousBoy Wrote: In a half point PPR league I traded Cooper Kupp for David Johnson.

How do you think I did?

Good trade.