Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kavanaugh confirmation hearing

(09-18-2018, 02:08 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 02:03 PM)TJBender Wrote: Go home, drifter. You are shooting right wing taking points again.

What? Can't handle the truth?
Haven't seen anything true. Just the predictable right wing memes from our predictable right wing meme machine.

(09-18-2018, 02:09 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: She probably can't figure out her gender either
Get back out on the playground with the other kids. One of the adults will come get you when recess is over.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 03:31 PM by TJBender.)

(09-18-2018, 02:33 PM)Jagwired Wrote: If a citizen calls 911/police and reports false crimes or emergencies it is a crime and they would face legal consequence. If this woman's accusation proves to be a political ploy designed to delay then all involved should face legal consequences. If it proves out Kavanaugh did something then likewise for him. All aspects of this point to a complete sham IMO. If the man cannot be prosecuted for any crimes related to the alleged incident then it is a sham and merely a political tactic that should be a crime and prosecutable against the accuser.

That's a very high bar, though. It's a lot easier to prove that something *did* happen than to prove that it didn't. We have one witness, of questionable quality and trustworthiness, who's said that nothing happened. We have a self-identified victim who says it did. We have an accused assailant who can't really be "trusted" at face value because he's the one accused. There's no smoking gun proof that she's making it up, and short of the accuser saying to someone that she's lying, there's not going to be proof.

Do i think she should be prosecuted if she's lying? Personally, yes. I don't want to live in an America where any man can be destroyed by an unfounded claim of sexual abuse. It would just be a very difficult case to prove, and I don't think any sane prosecutor would touch it. Again, consider the fallout if this accuser ends up with a felony on her record and a credible accuser comes out against Kavanaugh sometime next year. In the current #MeToo culture, any elected official that supported Kavanaugh or pushed for the accuser to be prosecuted is an easy target and likely a lost seat in 2020.

Not saying it's right. Just saying it's reality.

(09-18-2018, 03:19 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 02:08 PM)The Drifter Wrote: What? Can't handle the truth?
Haven't seen anything true. Just the predictable right wing memes from our predictable right wing meme machine.

What specifically was untrue in what Drifter posted?

That Kavanaugh's mother ruled on a foreclosure of her parents' house is something I've read in several credible places.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-18-2018, 02:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 02:54 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Both should take lie detector tests.  I know they are not 100% accurate but at least it would provide another indication if the results differ as it relates to each persons responses.

They aren't 100% accurate, so what would that prove?

Not 100% but approximately 90%,  Thus, if the lie detector indicates Person A is lying whereas the other is illustrating Person B is telling the truth, it would exponentially support the % of accuracy.

This whole thing is a last ditch effort/political ploy by democrats to delay the confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh, nothing more.  Their hope (the democrats) is to delay long enough until after the mid-term election coming up, betting that they will win some Senate seats.

1.  The only alleged witness that was supposedly there denies that the assault took place.  This along with the accused also denying that the assault took place.

2.  This allegedly happened over 30 years ago.  Why conveniently come out with the accusation now?

3.  This was supposedly underage teens drinking at a party with a guy groping a girl.  I'll admit, I'm personally "guilty" of doing the same thing when I was a teen 30+ years ago.  I remember trying my best to "get into some pants" with girls at that age as we were drinking (illegally).

4.  The alleged "victim" is a left wing activist against President Trump.

5.  The alleged "victim" has a personal reason for doing this which is on the record (Judge Kavanaugh's mother presided over a foreclosure against the "victim's" parents).

At the end of the day it's still the same thing.  The democrat party smearing a candidate with false accusations and the MSM writing/broadcasting about it every single day without presenting all of the facts.  Had this happened to any "average" person with the case going to court it would be thrown out for lack of evidence.  What "evidence" is going to come out of an "investigation"?

As I said before, it's a last ditch effort/political ploy by democrats to delay the confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-18-2018, 07:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This whole thing is a last ditch effort/political ploy by democrats to delay the confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh, nothing more.  Their hope (the democrats) is to delay long enough until after the mid-term election coming up, betting that they will win some Senate seats.

1.  The only alleged witness that was supposedly there denies that the assault took place.  This along with the accused also denying that the assault took place.

This is not true, he said he has no memory of the incident. That's a big difference.

Private schooled white boys doing what private schooled white boys do...whatever the hell they want to do.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-18-2018, 07:59 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 07:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This whole thing is a last ditch effort/political ploy by democrats to delay the confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh, nothing more.  Their hope (the democrats) is to delay long enough until after the mid-term election coming up, betting that they will win some Senate seats.

This is not true, he said he has no memory of the incident. That's a big difference.

Private schooled white boys doing what private schooled white boys do...whatever the hell they want to do.

Um, cis-gendered private schooled white boys, please. If we're going to be hypocritical, let's check ALL the identity boxes.

(09-17-2018, 02:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 11:19 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Looks like we may get to see how many male Republican senators have it in them to attack her credibility to her face, then go home to face their wives, daughters and female constituents.

As for a stalling tactic, I've got two words for you: Merrick Garland. You reap what you sow.

Bingo.

It all started with Robert Bork, it's just the circle coming around again.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 08:36 PM by MalabarJag.)

I'm sure you were all over Al Gore after allegations surfaced that he molested a woman. After all he is a private-schooled white boy with rich parents. And she didn't even wait 30 years to accuse him.

Al Gore

(09-18-2018, 08:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 07:59 PM)rollerjag Wrote: This is not true, he said he has no memory of the incident. That's a big difference.

Um, cis-gendered private schooled white boys, please. If we're going to be hypocritical, let's check ALL the identity boxes.

Only politically conservative cis-gendered private schooled white boys.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

So now they want an FBI investigation of a non Federal case before proceeding, lol.

How do these people sleep at night?

(09-18-2018, 08:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 07:59 PM)rollerjag Wrote: This is not true, he said he has no memory of the incident. That's a big difference.

How am I hypocritical? I personally knew boys that fit my description who dodged retribution for similar behavior. The same type develop bone spurs when wars are waged.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 09:14 PM by mikesez.)

(09-18-2018, 08:12 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 02:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: Bingo.

It all started with Robert Bork, it's just the circle coming around again.

That rings true to me.  Bork, Miers, Garland, and now perhaps Kavanaugh all seem to reflect the worst aspects of the Presidents who attempted to appoint them.
Garland in particular felt that bureaucrats could interpret statutes however they wanted.  With Congress totally unwilling to cooperate with him, Obama in many cases abused the executive's power to find new ways to apply old laws.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-18-2018, 09:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 08:12 PM)copycat Wrote: It all started with Robert Bork, it's just the circle coming around again.

That rings true to me.  Bork, Miers, Garland, and now perhaps Kavanaugh all seem to reflect the worst aspects of the Presidents who attempted to appoint them.
Garland in particular felt that bureaucrats could interpret statutes however they wanted.  With Congress totally unwilling to cooperate with him, Obama in many cases abused the executive's power to find new ways to apply old laws.

....  I.....  

I picked a hack of a day to quit drinking.

Hillary Clinton said there should be a 2 week pause. What in the hell does that mean?

(09-18-2018, 10:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hillary Clinton said there should be a 2 week pause. What in the hell does that mean?

She wants an FBI investigation before committee hearings resume, and she thinks it would be done in two weeks.

I disagree with her on the two weeks part, but I think you and I both know that "two weeks" would have been a very, very optimistic guess. It probably would have taken more like five. Just long enough to make sure there were no more hearings before election day.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 11:03 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(09-18-2018, 10:49 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 10:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hillary Clinton said there should be a 2 week pause. What in the hell does that mean?

She wants an FBI investigation before committee hearings resume, and she thinks it would be done in two weeks.

I disagree with her on the two weeks part, but I think you and I both know that "two weeks" would have been a very, very optimistic guess. It probably would have taken more like five. Just long enough to make sure there were no more hearings before election day.

Isn't it Rich that Hillary is so concerned about this when they basically silenced slick Willys rape allegations?

Hearing going forward Monday. Republicans buckling to this sets a dangerous precedent.

Also, there is nothing to actually investigate and nobody to interview, and it isn't even the FBIs responsibility. Other than that, it should go pretty smooth.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 11:23 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

I'm not sure how anyone can see this as anything but an effort to delay the vote in hopes that Democrats gain enough seats to veto the nominee.

This is embarrassing.

(09-18-2018, 10:49 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Agreed.

But if she can convince Republicans to agree to an investigation, then it will undoubtedly go on through the midterms which is ultimately her goal IMO. All she has to do is convince one or two RINOs that are too scared to go into re-elections with this hanging over their heads.

(09-18-2018, 09:09 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 08:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Um, cis-gendered private schooled white boys, please. If we're going to be hypocritical, let's check ALL the identity boxes.

How am I hypocritical? I personally knew boys that fit my description who dodged retribution for similar behavior. The same type develop bone spurs when wars are waged.

Just like it’s okay for black people to use the n word? Gotcha.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 08:27 AM by Jagwired.)

Buuuuwwwwaaaa!!! Apparently the woman cannot remember it either so really not a big difference at all.

As to the emphasized, Man, talk about putting your class envy on display. Also quite a bigoted assertion.

Do Black, Asian, Hispanic ,Indian and whatever other race you feel like denigrating private school boys do whatever they want as well?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

My children are white private schooled kids who happen to share a classroom with kids of parents you cheered so hard for on this message board.

You may want to pick a different angle.