Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NY Times TDS Edition

(09-06-2018, 01:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 01:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: No dog in this race.  I don't want to define how lazy he is or others were when I know none of them.
I will say that the essay appears to be written by someone who both knows Trump and worked with other Presidents.  His or her assessment is informed.  Mine isn't.  Yours isn't.

Sorry, but I can't give an anonymous source coward credit for being "informed". How can you?

It's easy.  People have good qualities and bad qualities.  A very congenial person might have a terrible sense of personal responsibility.  Further, whether someone is a "coward" is a very negative reflection on that person's character.  All that "informed" means is that they know stuff.  It says nothing good or bad about them as a person.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-06-2018, 01:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 01:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I think my favorite is how suddenly golfing isn't a big deal--for Trump or his supporters.

My favorite thing is how a 72 year old man with a 3/4 swing can mop the floor with his 57 year old predecessor on the links.

You mad?
We knocking 3/4 swings now?!

(09-06-2018, 03:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 01:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: My favorite thing is how a 72 year old man with a 3/4 swing can mop the floor with his 57 year old predecessor on the links.

You mad?
We knocking 3/4 swings now?!

Nope, I am a big fan of the 3/4 swing. Way more control and less room for error.

ZeroHedge says CIA wrote the memo:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-0...ia-analyst

(09-06-2018, 06:30 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: ZeroHedge says CIA wrote the memo:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-0...ia-analyst

A finance blog that occasionally delves into alt-right conspiracy theories and praises Russia. Yeah, totally taking their word for it.

ZeroHedge has a lot of intelligent people and speech is not censored.
That puts it ahead of most platforms in my book.
I usually get more out of the comments than the articles.

This comment was not on ZeroHedge but on the NY Times site:
Daniel from Dublin:
It would appear to this reader from across the Atlantic that this piece is confirmation of a coup d'etat in the USA. The anonymous author of the op-ed and their fellow 'adults in the room' are ruling the people without a mandate from the people. And justifying it, anonymously, in the 4th estate. Wow.

(09-06-2018, 07:23 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: ZeroHedge has a lot of intelligent people and speech is not censored.  

Daniel from Dublin:
It would appear to this reader from across the Atlantic that this piece is confirmation of a coup d'etat in the USA. The anonymous author of the op-ed and their fellow 'adults in the room' are ruling the people without a mandate from the people. And justifying it, anonymously, in the 4th estate. Wow.

It certainly could have been someone in the CIA, but that doesn't seem to be the most likely explanation.
Just because zerohedge seems to lack censorship and seems to be intelligent does not mean that they are accurate, informed, or sincere.

(09-06-2018, 07:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: Just because zerohedge seems to lack censorship and seems to be intelligent does not mean that they are accurate, informed, or sincere.

Of course not, but the arguments get kicked around and deconstructed better than in most forums.

People in finance tend to have well-developed BS detectors. I learned a lot from the day traders there when the focus was more financial. Since the 2008 collapse, ZH has gotten a lot more political. I guess everything has.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2018, 08:41 PM by Adam2012.)

(09-06-2018, 11:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 11:32 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: It's not even fake treason.

Funny thing is, if Donald and his allies with Fox would leave this kind of stuff alone it would shortly fade away. It's not telling us anything we don't already know, i.e., that Donald is lazy, crazy, and dumb. But the author knows his subject. Donald can't resist - it's all about him after all - and he'll keep breathing new life into this, and Woodward's book as well.

And the beat goes on.

I get that you hate the guy, but Trump is lazy? Please elaborate.

How can you keep praising a man you know nothing about? I know, it's all about the tax cuts. You can be bought.

Do some research on Donald. There are all kinds of testimony - from fans and foes alike - about the lack of a work ethic. The guy is in his 70s. He's been his own boss forever. He's in a job for which he has no experience or interest. And he doesn't want to put in the time to learn. He wants the adulation of the office and he wants to play golf. And watch Fox News at night.

Many current and former co-workers have said this. Don't care if you don't want to believe it. Tax cuts! The guy thinks he's a social justice warrior and doesn't want to play at governing. After being like this for years did you really think he would change?

(09-06-2018, 07:23 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: ZeroHedge has a lot of intelligent people and speech is not censored.  

Daniel from Dublin:

Thank you for posting. You are the main reason I check the Politics thread. I know you're just trolling, but it still makes for great comedy.

Keep up the good work! Satire is not often appreciated.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

The economy and foreign policy are going so well the opposition has to make up ghost stories #winning

(09-06-2018, 09:07 PM)jj82284 Wrote: The economy and foreign policy are going so well the opposition has to make up ghost stories #winning

[Image: DisastrousDarkEland-size_restricted.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-06-2018, 09:07 PM)jj82284 Wrote: The economy and foreign policy are going so well the opposition has to make up ghost stories #winning

Yes, that historic summit with Kim Jong Un really took care of the "he's got nukes" problem.

(09-06-2018, 01:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 01:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I think my favorite is how suddenly golfing isn't a big deal--for Trump or his supporters.

My favorite thing is how a 72 year old man with a 3/4 swing can mop the floor with his 57 year old predecessor on the links.

You mad?

Man born into privilege has good golf game shock horror.

Of course you are impressed though.

(09-06-2018, 02:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 01:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: My favorite thing is how a 72 year old man with a 3/4 swing can mop the floor with his 57 year old predecessor on the links.

You mad?

And in the Oval Office.

Though in all fairness, we must admit the bar was not set that high.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-07-2018, 06:32 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 02:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: And in the Oval Office.

Though in all fairness, we must admit the bar was not set that high.

Man that's the truth, Obama is the pre-teen Steve Urkel of Presidential athletics.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-06-2018, 11:22 PM)lastonealive Wrote:

You mad?

Man born into privilege has good golf game shock horror.

Lots of people are born into privilege that dint happen to be good at everything. I'm pretty sure it takes some type of effort turning a million dollar loan into 4 billion dollars. Guess he did that by ribbing those 30 people at Trump U though, right?

(09-07-2018, 07:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 11:22 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Man born into privilege has good golf game shock horror.

Lots of people are born into privilege that dint happen to be good at everything. I'm pretty sure it takes some type of effort turning a million dollar loan into 4 billion dollars. Guess he did that by ribbing those 30 people at Trump U though, right?

No, he did it by declaring bankruptcy a few times.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2018, 09:12 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(09-07-2018, 08:25 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 07:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Lots of people are born into privilege that dint happen to be good at everything. I'm pretty sure it takes some type of effort turning a million dollar loan into 4 billion dollars. Guess he did that by ribbing those 30 people at Trump U though, right?

No, he did it by declaring bankruptcy a few times.

Lot's of people use bankruptcy to their advantage. It's part of the law of this great land. Are you bashing Trump for being a law abiding citizen?

My point is, the born into privilege argument is wack.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2018, 08:58 AM by Byron LeftTown.)

Privilege doesn't put the ball in the cup.

All the attacks on Trump are about his STYLE. Even the cowardly anonymous attack was about STYLE. This is because they want you to focus on that rather than SUBSTANCE.

Most Americans have forgotten what peace and prosperity looks like.

(09-07-2018, 08:58 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Privilege doesn't put the ball in the cup.

All the attacks on Trump are about his STYLE.  Even the cowardly anonymous attack was about STYLE.  This is because they want you to focus on that rather than SUBSTANCE.  

Most Americans have forgotten what peace and prosperity looks like.

Yes yes.  The anonymous NYT editorial alleged amorality and a total lack of first principles.  These are just subjective matters of style though, no more consequential than the choice to wear a tie or not.