Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Le'Veon Bell

(09-06-2018, 09:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 08:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd like to se him get traded to Detroit honestly.  They haven't had a 100 yard rusher in like 75 games

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-ste...121518049/

I really believe the Lions thought a premier RB would be there for their 2nd round pick, but there was a flurry of RB's taken in the 1st and the top of the 2nd round, so they panicked and took Kerryon Johnson out of need. IMO, they are gonna regret passing on Royce Freeman. I think he would've been a really good fit in Detroit. I think Johnson is more of a situational runner with LeGarrette Blount getting most, if not all of the goal line carries.

I agree that Kerryon Johnson likely won't be a bell cow RB.  Especially, this season based on the situational options and depth at the position. But leading up to the regular season, he has been impressive in all facets of RB play.  Including, picking up blitzes, which is hard for most rookie RBs.  The most encouraging part of an overall difficult pre-season for the Lions was the play of the top 2 team selections from the 2018 Draft: LG Frank Ragnow and Kerryon Johnson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A 26 year old man who plays a position with the shortest lifespan in the league is not getting an 850k paycheck tomorrow.

This doesn't seem smart.

A younger and just as elite David Johnson getting 3/39 sure ain't helping Leveon get his money.

I'd much rather have David Johnson.....not even close

He bluffed...……..they called....…..he lost...…….game over!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

He needs to sign that tender immediately. He isn't getting Gurley kind of money. And the Steelers sure didn't look like they needed him either.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Isn't he a failed pee-test away from a year long suspension? Or did he make his way out of the drug program by now?

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 02:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Bell not on new realese of Steelers depth chart

Good. I hope they rescind the franchise tag just like Bell wants. He won't get as much money as he thinks, but at least he'll get to start somewhere else. Then I get to have Conner AND Bell on my fantasy team instead of being hosed by the whole situation - perfect Smile

(09-07-2018, 08:15 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 05:33 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: So the guy turns down essentially the Gurley deal, and now is losing game checks. I get it, but I don't.

He was offered to be paid $6mil more than the next RB, and turned it down. I understand he wants the guaranteed money, but thats not how Pittsburgh operates. AB didn't even get that. I dont know where his leverage to earn more than he was offered is. 

Plus, he's going to have another year of heavy usage (when he shows up) and getting there that late is a huge injury risk.

To the Jags benefit, if he holds out until week 10, his first game would be against us, maybe the week before. He won't be in game shape in that scenario.

Bell's offer was drastically different than Gurley's deal

Bell was only offered $10m guaranteed versus Gurley's $45m  

Pitt could run Bell into the ground this year and cut him next year and Bell's left high and dry.  Had Pitt offered Bell $45m guaranteed, he'd at least know Pitt was committed to him for 3 years (at $15m guaranteed per year) like the Rams are committed to Gurley.

The Steelers used Bell on 406 plays last year whereas the Rams utilized Gurley on 343 plays.   The Steelers don't give a crap about Bell's health and he knows it.

So basically what you're saying is both sides are trying to use the other? Pitt could run him into the ground and then cut him next year and he's left high and dry OR he could save himself for the year and leave the team high and dry? 

I've never been a fan of NFL players being able to sign a contract and then when they are no longer the highest paid or whatever they just sit out with a year or two still remaining and then they sit waiting for more. On the other hand I am not a fan of teams just cutting a player in the middle of their contracts. The difference in my mind is that (and I will admit I don't know much about contracts) it seems teams have to guarantee a certain amount to the player, but what does the player guarantee to the team? You could play like dog poop and still get the guaranteed money. If the team cuts the player they still are on the hook for some of the cap space, so wheres the advantage to the team if said player sucks?
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

If the Steelers appear to be out of the playoffs early then Bell can all but guarantee that he wont get a new contract this year. What would the Steelers have to gain if they're out of the run early?

He can't get a new contract anyways until after the season. The deadline for a new deal for franchised players passed a long time ago.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/go-steelers...06140.html

lol, this would be great. I really hope they do it bahahahaha

He pretty much killed his career.  No team is going to pay him what he thinks that he's worth.  The only way that he plays in the NFL is under a contract that is going to pay him far less than he would have made under the franchise tag this past season.  $14.5 million is way too much for a prima donna running back.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-07-2019, 07:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: He pretty much killed his career.  No team is going to pay him what he thinks that he's worth.  The only way that he plays in the NFL is under a contract that is going to pay him far less than he would have made under the franchise tag this past season.  $14.5 million is way too much for a prima donna running back.

yep, he was an idiot to not take the money and play last year if cares about money

(02-07-2019, 07:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: He pretty much killed his career.  No team is going to pay him what he thinks that he's worth.  The only way that he plays in the NFL is under a contract that is going to pay him far less than he would have made under the franchise tag this past season.  $14.5 million is way too much for a prima donna running back.

Not a chance lol. He's going to be the highest paid RB in the league, easy. There's plenty of teams who need a RB and have plenty of $$ to spend on Bell. Jets and Colts both to start the fun.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 08:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I dont think he has killed his career but i dont see him getting a contract like Guryley. This Gurley situation dont help either

(02-07-2019, 08:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think he has killed his career but i dont see him getting a contract like Guryley.  This Gurley situation dont help either

He's way better than Gurley is.

(02-07-2019, 08:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 08:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think he has killed his career but i dont see him getting a contract like Guryley.  This Gurley situation dont help either

He's way better than Gurley is.

Naw, give me Gurley.