Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jordan Ta’Amu and AJ Brown

Before I start here I will be the first to admit that I am very biased between these two as an Ole Miss alumni and fan but here we go; 

Has anyone watched these two yet? I know Brown is high on the draft radar and for good reason. Big, strong WR kind of like T.O. Freak athlete who was the second guy in history to make the Under armor bowl in both baseball and football. Looks to be a top 15 pick. 

Ta’Amu is someone we should have on our radar. This guy throws a beautiful ball. Yes he benefits from having one of the best WR corps in CFB but if you look at his tape, I believe he isn’t a sleeper this year. Steal him in the 2nd or 3rd to push Bortles. Our defense only has a short window to stay elite much like the Legion of Boom, it’s absoluetly imperative that we grab a signal caller to take us to the next level if Bortles doesn’t make strides
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-10-2018, 04:08 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Before I start here I will be the first to admit that I am very biased between these two as an Ole Miss alumni and fan but here we go; 

Has anyone watched these two yet? I know Brown is high on the draft radar and for good reason. Big, strong WR kind of like T.O. Freak athlete who was the second guy in history to make the Under armor bowl in both baseball and football. Looks to be a top 15 pick. 

Ta’Amu is someone we should have on our radar. This guy throws a beautiful ball. Yes he benefits from having one of the best WR corps in CFB but if you look at his tape, I believe he isn’t a sleeper this year. Steal him in the 2nd or 3rd to push Bortles. Our defense only has a short window to stay elite much like the Legion of Boom, it’s absoluetly imperative that we grab a signal caller to take us to the next level if Bortles doesn’t make strides

Think the WR we should be looking at is DK Metcalf...Brown going to be gone before we pick.

Metcalf is the big physical guy with speed we need.

Yes..Brown gets all the glory but Metcalf is a freak athlete at 6’4 225. The entire Ole Miss WR Corp is insane
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 06:00 PM by Caldrac.)

I haven't watched any Ole Miss games yet but I do pay attention to stat lines. Ta'Amu has been lights out in the first two games this year. If he keeps it up he'll probably be a 1st RD pick in 2019.

True test is this Saturday though. If they can keep up with Alabama you may be onto something. Of course they've got LSU and Auburn coming up too at some point. If they can go off in those games and they keep it close or even win it. We'll know if they're for real or not.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 10:59 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Admittedly, I have been very down on this QB class, but I was able to watch Ta'amu against Southern Illinois this past week and I was impressed. He throws a very pretty deep ball. This guy has not been on my radar and I really didn't know who he was, but I'm going to keep an eye on him the rest of the season. He's gonna need to keep scoring though, because Ole Miss' defense is really bad. He has a huge game against Alabama this weekend. That should tell me a lot. The season is young, but Ta'amu and Drew Lock are starting to slowly restore my faith in the college QB position. I need to see week to week consistency though. Lock in particular completed only 57.8% of his passes in 2017 and I had pretty much written him off, but so far in his first two games, he is averaging almost a 75% completion rate. I'll need to see him continue this pattern though. Who knows? Baker Mayfield made me totally change my opinion of him after improving greatly in 2017. Maybe Lock can do the same.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Didn't look so good Saturday against No. 1 ranked Alabama. But... it's No. 1 ranked Alabama. Most teams don't fair that well at all. 7 out of 22. 1 TD - 2 INT's with 133 yards through the air. Pretty rough.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-17-2018, 05:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Didn't look so good Saturday against No. 1 ranked Alabama. But... it's No. 1 ranked Alabama. Most teams don't fair that well at all. 7 out of 22. 1 TD - 2 INT's with 133 yards through the air. Pretty rough.

Yeah. It was Alabama, but I expected a better performance than that.

Metcalf once again showing out.