Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jets-Lions

I think the Jets sign Fowler in the offseason

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Stafford, yeesh.

(09-10-2018, 09:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Lol, wow

Belichick coaching tree.

No doubt. Thought it was a bad hire. Honestly what is left though for head coaches. Is there someone at the collegiate level that is ready to bring fresh dynamics?

And yikes the wheels are falling off.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2018, 09:42 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Is Keanu Reeves under center?

Stafford is my FF QB tonight too, haha

(09-10-2018, 09:37 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Stafford, yeesh.

He’s not right. That knee has to be affecting his play.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

30 points unanswered

I think it's time for Lions and Stafford to move on, a change of scenery. Looks like another same ole mediocre Lions season. Would you guys consider Stafford as the next Jaguars qb.

(09-10-2018, 09:48 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I think it's time for Lions and Stafford to move on, a change of scenery. Looks like another same ole mediocre Lions season. Would you guys consider Stafford as the next Jaguars qb.

We already have a QB that is perfectly capable of throwing 4 interceptions in a game. Why pay big money for another?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Well this game went the complete opposite of how i expected
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-10-2018, 09:51 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 09:48 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I think it's time for Lions and Stafford to move on, a change of scenery. Looks like another same ole mediocre Lions season. Would you guys consider Stafford as the next Jaguars qb.

We already have a QB that is perfectly capable of throwing 4 interceptions in a game. Why pay big money for another?

Stafford has a stronger arm and natural throwering motion. He's had some good seasons statwise. The Lions is a jinxed organization that elite draft players go to rot.

The female Hacker Greene, whod'a thunk?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2018, 10:06 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

(09-10-2018, 09:54 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 09:51 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: We already have a QB that is perfectly capable of throwing 4 interceptions in a game. Why pay big money for another?

Stafford has a stronger arm and natural throwering motion. He's had some good seasons statwise. The Lions is a jinxed organization that elite draft players go to rot.
He’s 30 years old. His stats aren’t really that great. 62% comp avg and a career QB rating of 88.3. He made 1 Pro Bowl as an alternative fill in. If we’re going to surplant Bortles as our QB, I’ll rather shell out the kind of money that he’d be asking for on a younger QB that hasn’t hit his ceiling yet. And the Lions aren’t jinxed they’re just a poorly ran franchise.

Also he had Calvin Johnson for years. You really think he’s going to tear up the NFL with the receivers we have?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

wow this game Is getting out of control quick.

Im happy for Darnold, He looked solid tonight. GG man

As good as Barkley is, the Giants should of taken Darnold

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2018, 10:41 PM by leopold332002.)

(09-10-2018, 10:02 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 09:54 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Stafford has a stronger arm and natural throwering motion. He's had some good seasons statwise. The Lions is a jinxed organization that elite draft players go to rot.
He’s 30 years old. His stats aren’t really that great. 62% comp avg and a career QB rating of 88.3. He made 1 Pro Bowl as an alternative fill in. If we’re going to surplant Bortles as our QB, I’ll rather shell out the kind of money that he’d be asking for on a younger QB that hasn’t hit his ceiling yet. And the Lions aren’t jinxed they’re just a poorly ran franchise.

Also he had Calvin Johnson for years. You really think he’s going to tear up the NFL with the receivers we have?

Please just ignore him because jagsfan32277 sounds like a clown
[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-10-2018, 10:40 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 10:02 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: He’s 30 years old. His stats aren’t really that great. 62% comp avg and a career QB rating of 88.3. He made 1 Pro Bowl as an alternative fill in. If we’re going to surplant Bortles as our QB, I’ll rather shell out the kind of money that he’d be asking for on a younger QB that hasn’t hit his ceiling yet. And the Lions aren’t jinxed they’re just a poorly ran franchise.

Please just ignore him because jagsfan32277 sounds like a clown

Just expressing an opinion.

I'd take, but only for Bortles $. No reason to pay him a ton though.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I've never been a big fan of Stafford. He has unbelievable arm talent, but his decision making has always kept him from getting to the next level. Added on to this, you'd have to take into consideration that he signed a massive 5 year $135 million contract in 2017, so the Lions are on the hook for a lot of money and would only part ways with him if they received a large compensation package in return. To get Stafford, would cost us a fortune in salary, draft picks and we'd be getting a guy who despite having physical gifts, has struggled with the mental aspect of the position. My answer to that question would be a resounding No!

(09-10-2018, 09:07 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 08:56 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: This lady announcer is actually the absolute worst. I hope she got benched at halftime.

Flag on the field. PC police won't let you live that post down. Bigger problem is the analyst is a stiff.

Agree there, one trite expression after another.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(09-10-2018, 07:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The mute button is working well tonight.

Being bilingual, the Deportes broadcast is always better for watching MNF.  Last year I did so primarily to reduce my exposure to Gruden, but I'm glad they kept it going this year.

Always found it funny that they translate some of the names (Vaqueros, Ágilas), but not others (los Jets).