Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week In the AFC South-Week 2

So far 4-0
week two horns,skins and Jaguars!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

3-1 last week and overall.

This week:
tinhorns
redacteds
touchdown tommies

I realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly hope I am wrong on that last one.

3-1 Last week/Overall
Texans
Redskins
Jaguars

tinhorns
Skins
Jaguars

Missed last week. For this week:

Rusty tinhorns
Redskins
Jaguars
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Interesting stat going into Week 2.

Bortles: 54% comp, 176 yards, 1 td ,1 int, 42 rush yards
Watson: 50% comp, 176 yards, 1 td, 1 int, 40 rush yards
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

1-3 overall. With that being said I'm going to try this again.

tittians

colts

Jags

Colts and tittians end up 1 game behind jags .

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Texans
Colts
Jags

3-1 Last Week

Texans
Redskins
Jaguars

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Lots of us picking Houston... I'll go the other way for no good reason.
titans
Skins
Jags

0-0 last week
0-0 overall

Texans
Skins
Jaguars

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 01:42 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

3-1 last week

Pats 

would pick the Jags, but they don't have enough offense, you have to score to beat NE

Redskins

This is the hardest game to pick to be honest, but I'll take the home team.

Texans

The Titans are hurt everywhere and the Texans barely played at all during the preseason and came on strong in the second half last week. They fully knock off the rust here. Oh and Mike Vrabel is just not a good coach. Texans win by double digits.

(09-13-2018, 04:01 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Interesting stat going into Week 2.

Bortles is the better QB, obviously.

But seriously, Watson made so many people jump to crazy conclusions after last season and set their bar too high for this season, imo.
And in fantasy I saw crazy mofos taking this kid early and ahead of some other better QBs (like DangeRuss)

I ain't sayin his whole season is gonna suck... but I wasn't big on the guy coming out of college and still thought last year could end up a little fluky.
Dak's entire rookie season looks pretty fluky at this point.
Mariota looked real good and has since fell off a cliff and broke just about everything along the way, it seems....

mash them brakes lol

(09-14-2018, 02:03 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 04:01 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Interesting stat going into Week 2.

Bortles is the better QB, obviously.

But seriously, Watson made so many people jump to crazy conclusions after last season and set their bar too high for this season, imo.
And in fantasy I saw crazy mofos taking this kid early and ahead of some other better QBs (like DangeRuss)

I ain't sayin his whole season is gonna suck... but I wasn't big on the guy coming out of college and still thought last year could end up a little fluky.
Dak's entire rookie season looks pretty fluky at this point.
Mariota looked real good and has since fell off a cliff and broke just about everything along the way, it seems....

mash them brakes lol

Lol.. that was Watson's worst game and y'all use that comparable stat line of ho hum Bortles normal out put to say Bortles is better!?

Lmao.. Blake Bortles is trash. The guy is literally holding y'all back from winning it all.

I saw a guy who was proud to say he drafted Watson 5th overall
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-14-2018, 05:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I saw a guy who was proud to say he drafted Watson 5th overall

I don't care who it is...YOU NEVER TAKE A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND! That's fantasy football 101, For Christ's sake.. RB or WR and I lean towards RB, especially if you have the 5th pick. That guy is a [BLEEP]. Lol

(09-14-2018, 05:56 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 05:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I saw a guy who was proud to say he drafted Watson 5th overall

I don't care who it is...YOU NEVER TAKE A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND! That's fantasy football 101, For Christ's sake.. RB or WR and I lean towards RB, especially if you have the 5th pick. That guy is a [BLEEP]. Lol

Oh yeah lol he did not recieve the feedback he thought he'd get
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-14-2018, 05:56 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:

Please pardon my Fantasy Football ignorance, but why is that?

If football is supposed to be a passing game, you would think the QBs would be the most important position in fantasy football.

If the scoring is based upon how many TDs are produced, only one RB has ever scored 28 TDs in a season, and that was LaDanian Tomlinson.  QBs routinely throw for over 30 TDs in a season.

Same thing goes for yards produced.

Yet the reality for FF is that QBs are devalued.

Why?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-14-2018, 08:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 05:56 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: I don't care who it is...YOU NEVER TAKE A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND! That's fantasy football 101, For Christ's sake.. RB or WR and I lean towards RB, especially if you have the 5th pick. That guy is a [BLEEP]. Lol

Please pardon my Fantasy Football ignorance, but why is that?

If football is supposed to be a passing game, you would think the QBs would be the most important position in fantasy football.

If the scoring is based upon how many TDs are produced, only one RB has ever scored 28 TDs in a season, and that was LaDanian Tomlinson.  QBs routinely throw for over 30 TDs in a season.

Same thing goes for yards produced.

Yet the reality for FF is that QBs are devalued.

Why?

Gets a little more complicated than that, even if the logic is sound. QB is generally your highest scorer (depending on league setup)

TDs: Some leagues QBs only get 4 points for throwing a TD while WR/RBs get 6 points, but we can probably call this a wash. 
Yards: Here's where it really changes. most leagues, a RB/WR gets 1 point for every 10 yards rushing or recieving. QBs usually get one point for every 25 yards passing
Catches: If you are in a PPR league (points per reception) a WR/RB can get 1 point for every catch, but the QB gets nothing for a completion.
QBs lose points for sacks, fumbles, and INTs. WR/RBs ose points for fumbles and negative yards, but not for drops.

The main thing though is most QBs are going to be relatively close in points at the end of the year, with exceptions of course (Brees, Brady, Rodgers) Blake is actually a good Fantasy QB due to his running ability. You only play one QB in a league (usually)

There is a huge drop off in points between the top WR/RBs and the bottom tier. You also start anywhere from 2 - 4 of each of them depending on the league. Getting a group of guys with the likes of Gurley, AJ Green, Fournette, and Tyreek Hill and say Alex Smith as your QB will crush someone who has Drew Brees but their skill guys being say Carlos Hyde, Agohoor, Dion Lewis, and Randall Cobb. (these are just random examples of Tier A vs Tier B/C)

Then you have the "guys who are monsters in PPR but garbage in Standard scoring" like Agholor who had 8 catches for 33 yards. Standard scoring gets you 3.3 points, PPR scoring gets you 11.3. Either way, the QB who threw him those passes got 1.5 points out of that production.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 10:07 PM by Bullseye.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...roundup-6/

Lewan definitely out for the tacks.

Looks like a long day for Mariota and Gabbert.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!