Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week In the AFC South-Week 2

(09-14-2018, 08:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 05:56 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: I don't care who it is...YOU NEVER TAKE A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND! That's fantasy football 101, For Christ's sake.. RB or WR and I lean towards RB, especially if you have the 5th pick. That guy is a [BLEEP]. Lol

Please pardon my Fantasy Football ignorance, but why is that?

If football is supposed to be a passing game, you would think the QBs would be the most important position in fantasy football.

If the scoring is based upon how many TDs are produced, only one RB has ever scored 28 TDs in a season, and that was LaDanian Tomlinson.  QBs routinely throw for over 30 TDs in a season.

Same thing goes for yards produced.

Yet the reality for FF is that QBs are devalued.

Why?
A lot of it comes down to the fact you only start one QB on your team when WR/RB have 2-3 starters and the pools dwindles a lot quicker on good WR's and RB's than it does for QB's... plus there are still second tier QB that you wouldn't think put up big numbers like rivers who will last until late rounds. Rodgers/Brady/Brees will generally go in round 2-4 in leagues with 10-14 players. rarely do you see someone pull the trigger on one in the first.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-14-2018, 01:40 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: 3-1 last week

Pats 

would pick the Jags, but they don't have enough offense, you have to score to beat NE

Redskins

This is the hardest game to pick to be honest, but I'll take the home team.

Texans

The Titans are hurt everywhere and the Texans barely played at all during the preseason and came on strong in the second half last week. They fully knock off the rust here. Oh and Mike Vrabel is just not a good coach. Texans win by double digits.

Lol you are still butthurt about vrabel arent ya?
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(09-14-2018, 10:21 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:

Pats 

would pick the Jags, but they don't have enough offense, you have to score to beat NE

Redskins

Texans

The Titans are hurt everywhere and the Texans barely played at all during the preseason and came on strong in the second half last week. They fully knock off the rust here. Oh and Mike Vrabel is just not a good coach. Texans win by double digits.

He's mad they never rolled out a 2 QB system like you guys
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 10:32 PM by Bullseye.)

(09-14-2018, 08:48 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 08:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Please pardon my Fantasy Football ignorance, but why is that?

If football is supposed to be a passing game, you would think the QBs would be the most important position in fantasy football.

If the scoring is based upon how many TDs are produced, only one RB has ever scored 28 TDs in a season, and that was LaDanian Tomlinson.  QBs routinely throw for over 30 TDs in a season.

Same thing goes for yards produced.

Yet the reality for FF is that QBs are devalued.

Why?

Gets a little more complicated than that, even if the logic is sound. QB is generally your highest scorer (depending on league setup)

TDs: Some leagues QBs only get 4 points for throwing a TD while WR/RBs get 6 points, but we can probably call this a wash. 
Yards: Here's where it really changes. most leagues, a RB/WR gets 1 point for every 10 yards rushing or recieving. QBs usually get one point for every 25 yards passing
Catches: If you are in a PPR league (points per reception) a WR/RB can get 1 point for every catch, but the QB gets nothing for a completion.
QBs lose points for sacks, fumbles, and INTs. WR/RBs ose points for fumbles and negative yards, but not for drops.

The main thing though is most QBs are going to be relatively close in points at the end of the year, with exceptions of course (Brees, Brady, Rodgers) Blake is actually a good Fantasy QB due to his running ability. You only play one QB in a league (usually)

There is a huge drop off in points between the top WR/RBs and the bottom tier. You also start anywhere from 2 - 4 of each of them depending on the league. Getting a group of guys with the likes of Gurley, AJ Green, Fournette, and Tyreek Hill and say Alex Smith as your QB will crush someone who has Drew Brees but their skill guys being say Carlos Hyde, Agohoor, Dion Lewis, and Randall Cobb. (these are just random examples of Tier A vs Tier B/C)

Then you have the "guys who are monsters in PPR but garbage in Standard scoring" like Agholor who had 8 catches for 33 yards. Standard scoring gets you 3.3 points, PPR scoring gets you 11.3. Either way, the QB who threw him those passes got 1.5 points out of that production.

Well...I dunno.  I like my loyalties pure on Sundays.  

I want to root for the Jaguars and against those divisional teams and other competition in the AFC-and Buffalo.

I don't want to sit there and hope so and so on some other non Jaguars team has a good game, because that may work against the Jaguars in some way.

That's why I never got into FF.

(09-14-2018, 10:27 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 10:21 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Lol you are still butthurt about vrabel arent ya?

He's mad they never rolled out a 2 QB system like you guys

Well...they did week one last year.

Banana

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Last week 4-0

Texans
Redskins
Jaguars

3-1 last week. This week it's gotta be...

Texans--The tacks are the furthest thing from full strength. Also they suck at full strength. The Texans also suck, but they probably suck less. Watson has a big game against a bad team, prompting every analyst to induct him into the HoF again.

Skins--Alex Smith and AP eats the Colts defense for breakfast, and Luck throws for another 50+ attempts in a loss.

Jags--This game has been circled on the calendar for a while, and the Pats are weaker than they were in the AFCCG. Plus it's at the Jags' house. It'll be close but Jags take the W.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2018, 11:38 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(09-14-2018, 10:21 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:

Pats 

Redskins

Texans

Yeah.. I'm butthurt about a guy who's 0-5 since he's taken a football field as a head coach and a guy who turned a top defense into the worst in the NFL last season.

Lmao yep, I'm really torn up about it.  Laughing

(09-14-2018, 10:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Well...I dunno.  I like my loyalties pure on Sundays.  

I want to root for the Jaguars and against those divisional teams and other competition in the AFC-and Buffalo.

I don't want to sit there and hope so and so on some other non Jaguars team has a good game, because that may work against the Jaguars in some way.

That's why I never got into FF.

(09-14-2018, 10:27 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: He's mad they never rolled out a 2 QB system like you guys

Well...they did week one last year.

Banana

I hear you. I refuse to draft guys fron rival teams and try not to play someone going against Jax. But it can get tough sometimes. At the end of the day though, a Jags win trumps any FF victory
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

4-0 last week

tinhorns
skins
Jaguars

(09-15-2018, 11:37 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 10:21 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Lol you are still butthurt about vrabel arent ya?

Yeah.. I'm butthurt about a guy who's 0-5 since he's taken a football field as a head coach and a guy who turned a top defense into the worst in the NFL last season.

Lmao yep, I'm really torn up about it.  Laughing

Lol well its stacked against him this wk. I may go ahead and give you the win. Can we forfeit?
If the texans dont win this one you guys must really suck. With that being said. GO TACKS!!.

Loks like the tacks may be down to their 3rd RT tomorrow.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ith-virus/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-15-2018, 10:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Loks like the tacks may be down to their 3rd RT tomorrow.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ith-virus/

At least they arent going against a good d line.. 
Oh wait..

Week 1 record: 3-1

Week 2 selections.

New England. Leonard Fournette hamstring injury uncertainty is the reason for the selection of the Patriots.
Washington
Houston . The Texans likely will take advantage of the Tennessee Offensive Tackle injuries.

1-3 last week

Texans
Colts
Patriots

I’m hoping my Titans put up a fight against the Texans but this game has all the makings of a turdfest.

(09-16-2018, 10:47 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: 1-3 last week

Texans
Colts
Patriots

I’m hoping my Titans put up a fight against the Texans but this game has all the makings of a turdfest.

Well Clowney is out, so there's that.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 10:56 AM by The_Franchise_QB.)

4-0 last week..

Texans
Colts
JAGS- No 4nette, but BLAKE throws for 300 yds a solid 13/15 on screens and GRANT has 100 yds in rec.

GO JAGS

Houston
Indy
Patsies

Last week:
3-1

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 11:50 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

Texans
Colts
Patriots

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/...3744845825
[BLEEP]

They already have 2 other of their WRs ruled out.

Texans
Colts
Patriots

Well, as craptastic as that game was, it feels good to come away with a win.

Pats 

Redskins

Texans

The Titans are hurt everywhere and the Texans barely played at all during the preseason and came on strong in the second half last week. They fully knock off the rust here. Oh and Mike Vrabel is just not a good coach. Texans win by double digits

Vrabel outcoached your squad. This one must really hurt for you..