Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
People Who Refuse to Evacuate

Not having read through everything I’m torn. Initially, my thoughts are “send them the bill”. But people may not evacuate for various reasons depending on their circumstances. Do I think tax payers should pay? No. I’m normally about as right wing as you can get. But on the other hand, if someone was poor enough (or whatever the reason) that they couldn’t afford gas, hotel or whatever, I can’t see leaving them stranded and I can’t see sending in an invoice for their life. It’s almost like 911. Can you afford the trip? Most can’t. But you gonna pay with your life? Hope not. Idk.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2018, 03:09 PM)Kane Wrote: Eh...

Probably not...

but a lot of them die also... and so... we have nature's population control thinning the herd.
Perhaps they'll continue to test fate and we can be rid of all the ignorant folks for good.

:SIGH: probably not though...

(09-15-2018, 02:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: C'mon now, they've been overpromoting these storms for ratings since Andrew.

While many of them are seriously dangerous. I know every single storm that comes through the Gulf of Mexico is deemed the next big one by all local stations.
It drives local economy.... It's crazy how many people run to the gas stations, empty the shelves of all the bottled water and beef jerky... and then when the storm isn't that bad... they use the goods up instead of saving and storing in case of the next one.

Rinse. Repeat.

Hurricanes are a huge boom for my business. Nothing sells tires like evacuations!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 06:34 AM by The Real Marty.)

Probably not...

but a lot of them die also... and so... we have nature's population control thinning the herd.
Perhaps they'll continue to test fate and we can be rid of all the ignorant folks for good.

(09-15-2018, 02:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: C'mon now, they've been overpromoting these storms for ratings since Andrew.

While many of them are seriously dangerous. I know every single storm that comes through the Gulf of Mexico is deemed the next big one by all local stations.
It drives local economy.... It's crazy how many people run to the gas stations, empty the shelves of all the bottled water and beef jerky... and then when the storm isn't that bad... they use the goods up instead of saving and storing in case of the next one.

Rinse. Repeat.

How long would you save the aforementioned beef jerky?  Hurricane or no hurricane, if I have some good beef jerky, it's going in my mouth forthwith.

(09-30-2018, 06:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Probably not...

Rinse. Repeat.

How long would you save the aforementioned beef jerky?  Hurricane or no hurricane, if I have some good beef jerky, it's going in my mouth forthwith.

More often than not I don't make it home without opening the jerky and chowing down.

(09-30-2018, 04:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 06:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: How long would you save the aforementioned beef jerky?  Hurricane or no hurricane, if I have some good beef jerky, it's going in my mouth forthwith.

More often than not I don't make it home without opening the jerky and chowing down.

I'm not sure I can comment on this.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It’s a known scientific fact that beef jerky (especially teriyaki flavored) is the most powerful draw to man, and woman.