Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fire Taggart

I'm not an FSU fan but I figured I'd start the thread.  I get the whole "need time to implement system" thing but this is embarrassing.  The guy has a career record under 500. What is he doing at FSU?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nah let him stay. That turnover purse was a stroke of genius.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(09-15-2018, 03:37 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I'm not an FSU fan but I figured I'd start the thread.  I get the whole "need time to implement system" thing but this is embarrassing.  The guy has a career record under 500. What is he doing at FSU?

It is sad how far FSU has fallen.   For that matter we can add UF and Miami as well.  With all the talent in this state it is embarrassing that the Florida big 3 have fallen this far down.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Bahahahahahaha. A lot closer game than I thought it would be

3 games. Lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The buyout is 22mil, just get it over with.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I want him to stay hahaha

You know..football is a crazy sport. Sometimes you see teams with crazy amounts of talent that can’t win because of coaching and then you see teams with very little talent that just can’t lose because of coaching. Goes to show you it’s X’s and O’s And also Jimmy and Joes.that being said, Taggert has too much talent on his roster to be losing and playing close games with Stamford. Unless he has a signature win, a buyout could be comin at the end of this year for FSU
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 03:48 PM by KingIngram052787.)

There's some talent at WR and RB, but the OL is less than untalented. We unfortunately lost 3 players prior to fall (2 left the team, 1 got dismissed), and then of the 5 starters going into fall, 4 of them are hurt and one of the backups is now hurt. Of those starters, 2 of them were guards who were forced to play OT, and to replace one of them at guard we moved a DT to OG.

He inherited a mess of a team (don't forget this was a 6-6 team last year). Now, that does not excuse some of his other coaching decisions that occurred Saturday, there were plenty of mistakes where we cannot afford any, but realistically no one could do much with this mess at OL (we can't block a 3 man rush with 5 guys). The OL, especially OT, was one of the positions FSU could not afford injuries (the other being LB)... and 2 starters and 1 backup are now hurt.

Not saying he'll pan out, but I firmly believe it's still TBD on the coaching front. Very painful to watch, we're maybe the worst team I've seen. I watch the Gators offense, which sucks, and think it looks like an efficient well oiled machine. That's how bad it is, lol.

TLDR: Help is not on the way for FSU this year, and probably not next year either barring some good luck on the health front, developing the couple of guys they signed trying to salvage his first class, and getting some JUCO guys in there who can contribute immediately