Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Better without Fournette?

great great win, but this question needs to be asked eventually

It's no secret Bortles is better when throwing on early downs. But with Fournette, he is force fed the ball and the offense is so predictable which puts Blake in obvious throwing downs which isn't his strong suite.

I guess this isn't so much on LF as it is on the OC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's the playcalling when Fournette is in. I wouldn't say we're better without him. But they need to alter their approach when he's in.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Yea, it's on the gameplan not fournette. We would be better if we had similar game plans as we did today, but with fournette in.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 07:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-16-2018, 07:37 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: It's the playcalling when Fournette is in. I wouldn't say we're better without him. But they need to alter their approach when he's in.

This

(09-16-2018, 07:38 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Yea, it's on the gameplan not fournette. We would be better if we had similar game plans as we did today, but with fournette in.

And this

Disagree... we can adjust and get better. Last week the receivers had some drops that broke the rhythm Blake was building. I think they can real open up and do more going forward.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We are a good team and dont depend on one player, but we are gonna need Fournette in the grind of the season
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

My only problem with Fournette is more Fournette = less Grant.

Grant needs to play a lot more. He is a great fit with Bortles.

I think Bortles has got a lot better at not trying to win the game on one play. Early Blake had no run game to help and he'd be scrambling and then just put it up.

He's got a lot better at taking what's available and when he takes shots, putting them in places they can't be picked so easily.

It's one of those where you need to get the run going to open up the pass with Fournette but we play it differently without him.

I think Bortle's improvement is unexpected by the front office. We drafted Fournette because they believed we could only win with a ground game. Marrone even said himself that he would prefer to run every play. Now they're trying for force the issue by having Fournette as the marquis player instead of Bortles. It's time to accept that Blake can carry the team through the air and Fournette shouldn't be the bell cow we thought we needed. Hackett needs to edit his playbooks.

I was saying this all game, they seem so one-dimensional when fournette is available. The game plan today was about as perfect as I'd ever seen it since Nathaniel took over.
All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

(09-16-2018, 07:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 07:37 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: It's the playcalling when Fournette is in. I wouldn't say we're better without him. But they need to alter their approach when he's in.

This

(09-16-2018, 07:38 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Yea, it's on the gameplan not fournette. We would be better if we had similar game plans as we did today, but with fournette in.

And this

Absolutely
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Pretty much replace all of Yeldon's carries and Wilds carries and give them to Fournette but keep Grant the same. I don't think Yeldon is bad at all, actually think he played very well today, but LF27 adds a different dimension to our offense

(09-16-2018, 08:34 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Pretty much replace all of Yeldon's carries and Wilds carries and give them to Fournette but keep Grant the same. I don't think Yeldon is bad at all, actually think he played very well today, but LF27 adds a different dimension to our offense
Different dimension? Like what?

The Jags are 4-0 when he doesn’t play and average 31.5 points a game.

The Jags are no better or worse with Fournette.

Imagine this:

Playing like we played today, and then having Fournette to be utilized when we need him.

Gotta stop putting the whole load on Fournette's shoulders...or uh...hamstring.

Un...stop...able.

Yeah I think today's gameplan but with Fournette is ideal.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

They didn't have a lot over the middle today, they were forcing Blake to throw outside and he burned them. Great game plan, they have options now....Use more play action with Fournette playing...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-16-2018, 08:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:34 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Pretty much replace all of Yeldon's carries and Wilds carries and give them to Fournette but keep Grant the same. I don't think Yeldon is bad at all, actually think he played very well today, but LF27 adds a different dimension to our offense
Different dimension? Like what?

A power running back who has breakaway speed..... those don't just grow on trees. We don't run Grant between the tackles, so we need someone to do that and LF27 does that better than Yeldon

Yeldon is the best blocking RB and pass catching RB on the roster. He's the 3rd down back for a reason.

I am curious as to what LF's stats are on runs with different player personnel/packages.

I want to blow my brains out when I see him on the field with 2 TE and a FB.

That personnel couldn't have been on the field more than 10 times in this game today.

(09-16-2018, 08:41 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Different dimension? Like what?

A power running back who has breakaway speed..... those don't just grow on trees. We don't run Grant between the tackles, so we need someone to do that and LF27 does that better than Yeldon
When Fournette plays, there is pressure to give him the ball. That’s the crutch when you draft him #4. I don’t think they will abandon that when he comes back.

They seem to have better flow when he’s not in there and who knows why that’s is.