Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cam Robinson done for the year (ACL) (merged)

Bring back Boselli!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Call Joe Thomas!

OMG...Khalif Barnes is still playing...and available.

(09-17-2018, 01:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If they think Linder can play LT that's what I would do.  Shatley has always looked good at center.
I'm not breaking up that interior. They're borderline dominant. Norwell Linder Cann have been awesome.

Norwell has gotta watch the penalties. Got a couple in the first two games. Agree about Linder and Cann.

from reddit

[Image: lf1Hxr9.jpg]

Sucks for Cam, I think he is a pretty talented guy and I for one like the fire he brings to the line. 

Wells has played for extended periods before, no huge worries there. I'll worry if we sign Brandon Smith this week though  Big Grin

(09-17-2018, 02:01 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Sucks for Cam, I think he is a pretty talented guy and I for one like the fire he brings to the line. 

Wells has played for extended periods before, no huge worries there. I'll worry if we sign Brandon Smith this week though  Big Grin

That would be a disaster. My nightmare would be if they pulled K.C. McDermott off the practice squad though. That guy sucks beyond words.

(09-17-2018, 02:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 02:01 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Sucks for Cam, I think he is a pretty talented guy and I for one like the fire he brings to the line. 

That would be a disaster. My nightmare would be if they pulled K.C. McDermott off the practice squad though. That guy sucks beyond words.

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...36192?s=19

I'm hoping for a vet. Maybe Beaty or something but can't have some young cat coming in here. This team is ready now. I'd also try and see what trades are out there. Seahawks got the Texans guy last season.

I would inquire about Donald Penn of the Raiders. As soon as Gruden came in, he immediately moved him from LT to RT and drafted Kolton Miller to play LT. Miller is miserable, but everything Gruden has done is questionable. He seems to have something against Penn, so he may be willing to trade him. Penn just re-structured his contract back in August to make his salary more cap friendly as well. I wonder if they would take a 5th rounder for him? He's not ideal, but he might be a realistic option and I believe he'd be better than the alternatives.

The only issue I have with trading for a LT is the price tag. Other teams have done but we aren’t looking to replace Cam..only sub for him until next year. I think we can be okay without him. Honestly it will hurt, but let’s not act like we’ve had a stone wall at LT since Cam got here. I’d see if Joe Thomas wants to come out of retirement, maybe offer the Raiders a late round pick for Penn but other than that I think we are just going to have to ride this one out. No moving Linder to LT. The interior is starting to gel.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(09-17-2018, 03:04 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: The only issue I have with trading for a LT is the price tag. Other teams have done but we aren’t looking to replace Cam..only sub for him until next year. I think we can be okay without him. Honestly it will hurt, but let’s not act like we’ve had a stone wall at LT since Cam got here. I’d see if Joe Thomas wants to come out of retirement, maybe offer the Raiders a late round pick for Penn but other than that I think we are just going to have to ride this one out. No moving Linder to LT. The interior is starting to gel.

Agreed.

I dont want to move Linder to LT either but if there are no other options it might be better than the alternative. But Wells is healthy so no reason to panic

(09-17-2018, 03:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont want to move Linder to LT either but if there are no other options it might be better than the alternative.  But Wells is healthy so no reason to panic

Not yet, but you have to have a reliable backup behind him. Without one, you're playing with fire. IMO, LT is the most important position on the offense behind QB. We went from a fairly reliable LT to a shaky one and now, we have no backup behind that new starter. Something has to be done. Shuffling the interior that we have worked so hard to construct, is not the answer.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 04:03 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Ah this is rough. I never thought Cam was that good at LT, but he was at least average. Now it is going to be Wells? Against good pass rushers he is going to get completely owned, and it's scary. I like the Penn idea brought up earlier for the year. One other one I would keep my eye on is Pittsburgh. Something weird is going on there. The team is dysfunctional as heck. If they start imploding, maybe around the trade deadline can grab Villanueva. You got the Bell situation, teammates calling him out, Brown going off to reporters, Brown yelling at coordinators for not getting the ball, Big Ben waving off Brown during a game after he missed a throw to JuJu on 3rd down.... I mean I don't know. Something is going on and if they start losing maybe it becomes an option. There's just not many trade options, and certainly no FA's.

Edit- It gets better today, I didn't even see this

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1041710739642376193

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 03:50 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-17-2018, 03:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 03:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont want to move Linder to LT either but if there are no other options it might be better than the alternative.  But Wells is healthy so no reason to panic

Not yet, but you have to have a reliable backup behind him. Without one, you're playing with fire. IMO, LT is the most important position on the offense behind QB. We went from a fairly reliable LT to a shaky one and now, we have no backup behind that new starter. Something has to be done. Shuffling the interior that we have worked so hard to construct, is not the answer.

It might be if you cant find another LT.  LT is the most important part of the offense other than QB as you said and if they cant find one and Linder can play LT like he can guard and C, it wouldnt shock me one bit if they did that.  It wouldnt be the first time a team has done it.

The good news is Wells played well when Cam went out. It does stink so early in the season. Hurts depth.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Has Linder ever even played tackle?  I know he hasn't in the NFL.  So you think it's actually an option to move a guy to a new position and learn on the fly?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-17-2018, 10:30 AM)rocdee Wrote: Luke Joeckel is available.

There is a reason why the Joke is available.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-17-2018, 03:49 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The good news is Wells played well when Cam went out.  It does stink so early in the season.  Hurts depth.

Exactly