Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pat Mahomes: Real deal or pretender?

10 TD in two weeks is huge, but I can't help but wonder if he's had an easy start.  Don't forget that mighty Steeler D gave up over 500 yards to us last January. Time will tell, but I'm not sold yet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Real deal. You don't do what he's done in the past 2 weeks and be a pretender.

I watched this game, and he's making big time thriws. His real test will be if he can do it against us in oct. He fizzled out later in the game, but he looked posed and confident.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM by jessepeck1213.)

Real deal. Hes got an absolute cannon. I think he will come back to earth a little, but hes gling to be a star sooner, rather than later.

Until somebody stops him or figures him out enough to limit his impact. He's the real deal. I can't wait to see our defense line up against him and Andy Reid's offense. It's going to be fun as hell to watch.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think he's the real deal. I was watching the game and his throws were fast and accurate. He played smart ball. I'm very impressed

Not sold. We've seen QBs like this make a huge impact like this then shrink back into reality. RG3, Kaepernick, even Gorrapolo it seems.

(09-17-2018, 11:28 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Until somebody stops him or figures him out enough to limit his impact. He's the real deal. I can't wait to see our defense line up against him and Andy Reid's offense. It's going to be fun as hell to watch.

That no one gets to see but Jags and Chiefs local markets.

CBS has a single header, so it's at 1PM and can't be shown in NY & LA markets. Then all the other games CBS has to show, will leave little options to be seen.

NBC has the Cowboys, so they aren't going to move that unless the NFL makes them.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 04:15 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I'm gonna need way more games to make an assessment. He's starting out great, but this is a long season and it just started.

I'm not sold yet on Mahomes, but the Chiefs in general are a good team and Reid is a great reg season coach. This will be Reids 6th season with them.

2013- 11-5
2014- 9-7
2015- 11-5
2016- 12-4
2017- 10-6
2018- 2-0

Winning season every year he has been there, BUT they haven't had success in playoff. Reid had that same problem in Philly too. He might go down as the best regular season coach in history if he never wins a SB. He's been to the playoffs 13 times as a HC, only has made SB once.

I am leaning towards real deal, but I need more time

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Another Reid System QB, nothing more.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Reid does have a good track record with most QB's he starts. He also has one hell of a coaching tree to be proud of. He just can't seem to put it altogether in the big games though. He's Marv Levy basically.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Early yet -but looks legit. Was hoping the Jags might trade down and draft him, although he ended up going one or two spots higher than their most likely trade partner IIRC. ThOught it was a fairly bold move by the chefs to take him where they did and it’s paying off.

He threw more TDs than he had incompletions yesterday.