Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marrone has surpassed Bradley's wins

(09-20-2018, 02:28 PM)YourFather Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 02:22 PM)Rico Wrote: At least as good as your 'arguments'.  But keep tryin'.

A coach could be a top 5 just simply by wizarding the time clock. More often than not Marrone seems to be lost on the sidelines.

(09-20-2018, 02:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Yes, based on the playoffs last year compared to this years approach, I think its safe to say our coaches learned their lesson and have adapted accordingly.

There's a difference between playing reckless and aggressive. Seems as if Marrone doesnt fully trust Bortles slinging the ball.

It's pretty simple to see that you have no clue.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 04:18 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

Has TMD returned using a different IP?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 04:18 PM by NCJag.)

(09-20-2018, 12:02 AM)jaglyn Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 09:15 PM)NCJag Wrote: Dear God: between Mularkey and Gus my Sundays were SHOT for 5 years.

lol, He finally got to our prayers. They were all at the bottom of the pile

I started dating my wife in 2007.  Jags made the playoffs and went to 2nd round.  We got married in 2008 and the Jags were HORRIBLE for a decade.  Didn't SNIFF the playoffs for 10 years.  I used to joke that us getting married was a bad omen.  Then I started wondering...lol.  My kids had not seen a GOOD Jags team their entire lives. At least Del Rio made for interesting late seasons. Mike and Gus had the season over by Columbus Day.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(09-20-2018, 03:49 PM)Rico Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 02:28 PM)YourFather Wrote: A coach could be a top 5 just simply by wizarding the time clock. More often than not Marrone seems to be lost on the sidelines.

There's a difference between playing reckless and aggressive. Seems as if Marrone doesnt fully trust Bortles slinging the ball.

Oh, he has a clue all right. Not necessarily about the subject matter, but he has a clue.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018, 09:34 AM by sfljaguarsfan.)

Are people really saying Marrone doesn't have a clue as a HC? How about he has a winning record despite taking over teams that were both losing for a decade before he got there and turned them both into winners his first season!?

How about he has a AFCCG appearance and has only coached TWO full nfl seasons?

How about how obvious it is that he game plans extremely well and has the team coached up to execute whatever the plan is? One week we're a power run team, the next we're a west coast spread offense, etc etc.

I honestly wonder if some people even understand what they're watching during the games?

(09-21-2018, 09:32 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Are people really saying Marrone doesn't have a clue as a HC? How about he has a winning record despite taking over teams that were both losing for a decade before he got there and turned them both into winners his first season!?

How about how obvious it is that he game plans extremely well and has the team coached up to execute whatever the plan is? One week we're a power run team, the next we're a west coast spread offense, etc etc.

I honestly wonder if some people even understand what they're watching during the games?

People?  It's one clown tacks troll.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-21-2018, 09:35 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 09:32 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Are people really saying Marrone doesn't have a clue as a HC? How about he has a winning record despite taking over teams that were both losing for a decade before he got there and turned them both into winners his first season!?

People?  It's one clown tacks troll.

Yeah, tittian fans aren't really people.

(09-20-2018, 04:17 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 12:02 AM)jaglyn Wrote: lol, He finally got to our prayers. They were all at the bottom of the pile

I started dating my wife in 2007.  Jags made the playoffs and went to 2nd round.  We got married in 2008 and the Jags were HORRIBLE for a decade.  Didn't SNIFF the playoffs for 10 years.  I used to joke that us getting married was a bad omen.  Then I started wondering...lol.  My kids had not seen a GOOD Jags team their entire lives.  At least Del Rio made for interesting late seasons. Mike and Gus had the season over by Columbus Day.

Barry says you should take one for the team to get us over the top.

[Image: nfl-hall-of-fame-running-back-barry-sand...ers-of.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018, 02:24 PM by YourFather.)

(09-20-2018, 03:49 PM)Rico Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 02:28 PM)YourFather Wrote: A coach could be a top 5 just simply by wizarding the time clock. More often than not Marrone seems to be lost on the sidelines.

Its pretty simple to see that you cannot refute my evidence.

Its more than just wins. They guy doesnt play to win. He plays to chew up the clock and let the defense do the work majority of the time. Thats not a winning SB mentality. Thats good enough to squeeze through the AFC South.

Its more than just wins. They guy doesnt play to win. He plays to chew up the clock and let the defense do the work majority of the time. Thats not a winning SB mentality. Thats good enough to squeeze through the AFC South.

(09-22-2018, 02:22 PM)YourFather Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 03:49 PM)Rico Wrote: It's pretty simple to see that you have no clue.

Kinda looked like he coached to win last Sunday. One day if Vrabel is good enough of a coach to get a team to the playoffs, we’ll see what kind of mettle he has.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(09-22-2018, 07:49 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 02:22 PM)YourFather Wrote: Its pretty simple to see that you cannot refute my evidence.

Kinda looked like he coached to win last Sunday. One day if Vrabel is good enough of a coach to get a team to the playoffs, we’ll see what kind of mettle he has.

Anyone can lead a team to the playoffs with the current Jags roster. Heck, Mike Mularkey led the Titans to the playoffs playing 1970 offensive scheme offense.

(09-22-2018, 08:51 PM)YourFather Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 07:49 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Kinda looked like he coached to win last Sunday. One day if Vrabel is good enough of a coach to get a team to the playoffs, we’ll see what kind of mettle he has.

Anyone can lead a team to the playoffs with the current Jags roster. Heck, Mike Mularkey led the Titans to the playoffs playing 1970 offensive scheme offense.

Gus clearly proved that's not true

(09-22-2018, 08:55 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 08:51 PM)YourFather Wrote: Anyone can lead a team to the playoffs with the current Jags roster. Heck, Mike Mularkey led the Titans to the playoffs playing 1970 offensive scheme offense.

Gus clearly proved that's not true

Gus didnt have Campbell and Fournette.

(09-23-2018, 03:05 AM)YourFather Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 08:55 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Gus clearly proved that's not true

Gus didnt have Campbell and Fournette.

Campbell, Fournette, and Bouye did not improve the roster from 3 wins to 10. 

Marrone won his first game he coached with that roster Gus did nothing with. This was easily a 500 talented team for the past couple years with good coaching. 

Now Gus first year or two? Yeah those teams were abysmal.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 08:21 AM by Mowerguy.)

@YourFather -
Yikes.....so now you're saying its our roster and not our Coach.
that's pretty interesting.....so teams can just fire all their high paid coaches and let the guys have at it?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 10:07 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(09-20-2018, 08:40 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 08:39 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Was it really five years of pain on Sundays we suffered?
Seemed like a lifetime of pain.

I'm thinking it's really more like 9 although 2010 was had a few moments.

Agree, we haven't been at all competitive since 2010. I really am beginning to think we blew up our front office with Shack to fast. I mean he had one disappointing year in 2008 with a ton of injuries and we go full rebuild? The only reason 2009, and 2010 were somewhat competitive years is the talent we had left over from Shack and Coughlin. Gene Smith was a nightmare. By far the worst GM we have ever had, and I think one of the worst of all time. If we were a large market, people would be talking about him like Matt Millan. But at least Millan drafted Megatron.

(09-22-2018, 02:22 PM)YourFather Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 03:49 PM)Rico Wrote: It's pretty simple to see that you have no clue.

I thought most of these things until last week. But its clear to me he understands that you can't do this and beat good teams consistently. He definitely did grow. I feel much more confident in our chances going forward.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-23-2018, 08:19 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: @YourFather -
Yikes.....so now you're saying its our roster and not our Coach.
that's pretty interesting.....so teams can just fire all their high paid coaches and let the guys have at it?

A little bit of both. Marrone is a mediocre coach a great culture change coach. He is not a winning coach. He has proved that over the years.