Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gruden: "It's hard to find a good pass rusher"

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 07:35 PM by imtheblkranger.)

You can't make this stuff up. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2796...g-national

[Image: FB_IMG_1537285203351.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2018, 07:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: You can't make this stuff up. 

Maybe he should have rephrased that and said "It's hard to hold on to a great pass rusher when you overpay for an average quarterback"

(09-20-2018, 08:55 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Maybe he should have rephrased that and said "It's hard to hold on to a great pass rusher when you overpay for an average quarterback"

lol that's pretty good. May just be good to kid jon away from the mic or at least talking about D until they get everything figured out. I watched the bears game this weekend and walked away wondering how anyone would let that dude walk. Granted Seattle had a garbage o line. But mack was a monster.

(09-20-2018, 09:21 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 08:55 AM)Mikey Wrote: Maybe he should have rephrased that and said "It's hard to hold on to a great pass rusher when you overpay for an average quarterback"

lol that's pretty good. May just be good to kid jon away from the mic or at least talking about D until they get everything figured out. I watched the bears game this weekend and walked away wondering how anyone would let that dude walk. Granted Seattle had a garbage o line. But mack was a monster.

You know, I banged that same drum for YEARS to the four letter network in re: Monday Night Football, but of course nobody listens to me.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 10:32 AM by Eye of the Storm.)

Rick Ballou made a pretty good point about this situation this week on Midday Chalk. He mentioned that Mark Davis is one of, if not the “poorest” owners in the league, and that was a possible reason why they didn’t resign Mack. The only monies Mark Davis is making is generated by the Raiders, and by the looks of their attendance numbers, he’s not pulling down the money to cover all of the teams expenses. We’re EXTREMELY lucky that we have an owner who ranks as one of the richest owners in the league who can afford to cover roster expenses.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(09-20-2018, 08:55 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Maybe it's hard to hold on to a great pass rusher when you have $100 million tied up in your head coach and your owner claims to be cash poor.

I’m really hoping Gruden totally screws up. Like train wreck fashion. I never liked him to begin with, he was irritating as hell on MNF, and that contract of his is just stupid.

(09-20-2018, 04:13 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m really hoping Gruden totally screws up.  Like train wreck fashion.  I never liked him to begin with, he was irritating as hell on MNF, and that contract of his is just stupid.

Hasn't he already done that?

(09-20-2018, 09:29 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 04:13 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m really hoping Gruden totally screws up.  Like train wreck fashion.  I never liked him to begin with, he was irritating as hell on MNF, and that contract of his is just stupid.

Hasn't he already done that?

So far.  But I want more!!  I’m cruel at times.

Any manger who can't get along with a .400 hitter ought to have his head examined.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[quote pid='1148403' dateline='1537474388']
I’m really hoping Gruden totally screws up.  Like train wreck fashion.  I never liked him to begin with, he was irritating as hell on MNF, and that contract of his is just stupid.
[/quote]

This, to a point. If he screws up so bad he ends up on MNF again, I'd rather he pull a Jeff Fisher and go 7-9 in perpetuity.