Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
People giving shout outs, I'd like to give one on offense and one one defense.

Its only 2 games in but on defense I'd like to give one to Abry Jones.  Jones has wrecked havoc in both games, at times looking like our best player on the dline. Not only burst through multiple times disrupting the passer, but has made quite a few huge stops on 3rd downs against the run where I dont remember him doing many times before.  In this early season he has really stepped his game up against the run.

The offensive player I'd like to give a shout out to is AJ Cann.  While its only 2 games in, Cann is easily having his best season.  His has been our weak link on offense imo the last couple of years but he looks like his hard work is really paying off.  He had a good training camp it has carried over to the games.  

Hopefully both guys can keep up their good play for a whole season and carry it into the post season

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No comments, thoughts, or opinions on either one of these guys?

I definitely noticed Abry in the 2nd game moreso than the first (could be that I was actually there in person). Abry did seem to collapse the run very effectively and had a stop behind/at the LOS if I remember correctly. Haven't noticed AJ too much. I guess that's a good thing as an OL? He seems to have really upped his game in pass/run pro this season.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(09-20-2018, 04:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No comments, thoughts, or opinions on either one of these guys?

Didn't see this post before but do agree.

Cann seems to have finally found his form at RG. After game one most of the Oline talk was about Norwell letting the guy run right by him giving up the sack and then giving up a penalty(though questionable) that caused a ASJ touch down to be called back. I generally take the lack of talk about the right side of the line as a nod towards the fact it was solid throughout the game. I have said before that I liked Cann when he came out of college after watching him one year(I believe against fowler) have a very good game for SC. Good to see him taking shape because his first few seasons he struggled quite a bit at G.

As for Abry, IMHO he has stood out as a possible solution(or at the very least a stop gap) to the NT if/when we decide to part ways with Darius after this season. I think he sort of goes unnoticed because of talent that is on this on the D line. Last week, most of the praise went to Fowler and his clutch strip sack recovery. I do remember him getting into the backfield multiple times and the third down stop you are talking about.

Good observations flg&j.

Both of these guys have shown up and look improved upon last season’s performances.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2018, 04:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No comments, thoughts, or opinions on either one of these guys?

They good.

Keelan Cole. Our best receiver, a lot were worried about during the preseason.
Logan Cooke. Again in preseason/training camp most though he was just ok. He’s looking like our best punter in the history of the Jaguars with his back spin punts!