Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags - Titans (lacking fan interest)

Sitting in the AC drinking a cold 2 dollar beer and having the perfect view is sometimes better than going to the game
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2018, 12:13 PM)Monty Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 12:10 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I'm looking to upgrade my old 2013 60" to like a 80" 4k so I never have to go to a stadium again.  One beer $10 or $11 when I can get a six pack for $8 at the store.  I long floppy slice of cardboard pizza for $10.  Bottle water $4 when I can get a 32 pack for $3.  I'm getting tired for people blocking my view, the people who constantly get up to go the bathroom, buy food and drinks.  Better replays on tv vs the stadium screen.  Fred Taylor's commentary at the stadium put me to sleep.  The ghetto rap gets on my nerves. The gridlock traffic when majority of the people stay till the end of the game.

You could have saved a few sentences and just said "I've never been to a game".

The FSU band played at halftime and I got those scroll things that say "Go Jags" on one side (white), and "Duuuuuval" on the other side (black).  I think I did go to at least one game.

Ultimately, I think the NFL may have a problem arising in the fact that the home viewing experience has gotten exponentially better (and much cheaper) over the past 10 years. I recall buying my 58" Panasonic 720p LCD TV back in 2008 for $4,000. Nowadays, everyone has at least 50" - 65" TVs so it's becoming more of a chore to go to the games. As noted on my initial post, Shad and the front office have done wonders to create a fantastic gameday experience but it does come with a price. As noted on 1 response, an increase of 35% may be pushing things to the limit although I hope that was a 1-time market adjustment (of holding tix stable over the pathetic Gene Smith / Blaine Gabbert era).

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 04:00 PM by Brett.)

Big thanks to Hurricane for the GIF and everyone else that replied to it with your responses. You literally made me laugh out loud and brightened my day.

We came into town to escape the hurricane. Figured since I was in town, I might as well take in the game. Good GOD the tickets were expensive but like someone said above, the "GAME EXPERIENCE" cannot be beat. I would've had a blast watching Tom Brady and Co get pasted on TV but SEEING him lose his mind on the sideline and hearing the crowd go nuts every time Blake threw a TD, at the Brady strip sack, and the roof finally blowing off when Corey Grant picked up the first down to seal it? I don't care how much the tickets cost, it was worth it!

Granted, it was hot as HELL the first half but it definitely felt nicer in the 2nd half. That was a great victory walk out of the stadium. Got a great pic with some Pats fan holding a "Myles Jack Wasn't Down" sign.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

You guys think this has anything to do with the lopsided loss to the Tacks down there last year? Like the fans want to see a win, and many of them are expecting a loss?
[Image: incredulous.gif]

The weather could play a big factor, but also it could be the level of competition. People were expecting a close, competitive game against the Pats. When it comes to the Titans, we know they are bad. Personally, I'm expecting us to run them out of the stadium. I think it's gonna be a blowout. That could be another reason why people are staying away.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 06:53 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

I used to like going to games, when the prices were manageable. Much rather chill at home. Only games I see worth going to nowadays are playoff ones. That's something you need the stadium experience and solid tailgating for. Regular season? Nah, I'm good.

I will say though that the prices down in Jacksonville are much better. Up where I am currently, you can't get nosebleeds for less than a 100.

(09-20-2018, 06:20 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: You guys think this has anything to do with the lopsided loss to the Tacks down there last year? Like the fans want to see a win, and many of them are expecting a loss?

LOL good one man, that gave me a good laugh. One of my buddies always says, get as much trash talk in pre game because you may not be able to after LOL.

(09-20-2018, 06:53 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 06:20 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: You guys think this has anything to do with the lopsided loss to the Tacks down there last year? Like the fans want to see a win, and many of them are expecting a loss?

LOL good one man, that gave me a good laugh. One of my buddies always says, get as much trash talk in pre game because you may not be able to after LOL.

Lol yeah i"ve only got a few more days to talk about the sweep last season. But now if the jags drop this one, 3 in a row? What will they say...

(09-20-2018, 07:08 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 06:53 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: LOL good one man, that gave me a good laugh. One of my buddies always says, get as much trash talk in pre game because you may not be able to after LOL.

Lol yeah i"ve only got a few more days to talk about the sweep last season. But now if the jags drop this one, 3 in a row? What will they say...

I'm will probably have to pull a turndownforwatt move and leave the board for a week. or at the very least block you for a few days LOL.

(09-20-2018, 07:11 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 07:08 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Lol yeah i"ve only got a few more days to talk about the sweep last season. But now if the jags drop this one, 3 in a row? What will they say...

I'm will probably have to pull a turndownforwatt move and leave the board for a week. or at the very least block you for a few days LOL.

Hahaha well i guess i"ll stop by win or lose. I wont gloat too much after we win though..

(09-20-2018, 07:14 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 07:11 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I'm will probably have to pull a turndownforwatt move and leave the board for a week. or at the very least block you for a few days LOL.

Hahaha well i guess i"ll stop by win or lose. I wont gloat too much after we win though..

that is the best joke I've heard yet LOL

(09-20-2018, 07:08 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 06:53 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: LOL good one man, that gave me a good laugh. One of my buddies always says, get as much trash talk in pre game because you may not be able to after LOL.

I don’t think I’d be able to stomach all the knuckle-headed  tack trash talk.

I mean, it’s not gonna happen, but if it does I’ll have my super mod warning trigger finger all warmed up and ready to fire.  Tongue

(09-20-2018, 07:17 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 07:14 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Hahaha well i guess i"ll stop by win or lose. I wont gloat too much after we win though..

that is the best joke I've heard yet LOL

So i looked up your score prediction. 56-9. That was the same score turndownforwatt predicted last wk. Lol

(09-20-2018, 07:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 07:08 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Lol yeah i"ve only got a few more days to talk about the sweep last season. But now if the jags drop this one, 3 in a row? What will they say...

I don’t think I’d be able to stomach all the knuckle-headed  tack trash talk.

I mean, it’s not gonna happen, but if it does I’ll have my super mod warning trigger finger all warmed up and ready to fire.  Tongue

Fair enough. Pre warning warning understood.

I may head to the game. 3rd shift is a pita to drive 2 hours 1 way, tailgate a bit, 3 hour game, 2 hour drive then 9 hour work night. When a tech spot opens up on 1st it will be a no brainer where I'll be on Sunday's.

Hurricane just blame the millenials. I have never seen such a generation of complete useless kids/adults. They would rather Snapchat and post on fb than actually watch the game. Omg such a hassle to go to the game nowhere to charge my phone. I call them the useless generation. Pretty sure Gillette is going out of business while they wonder why their beards smell like soup.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018, 12:12 AM by Captain_Caldwell.)

Starting to wonder if this city deserves a team. Every non jags game I have been too has always been packed. Jags are undefeated and knocked off the goat and have a division opponent and can’t sell tickets. I’d rather sweat a little and get a tan then be in city where it’s 30-40 degrees outside. I’m a college kid waiting tables and I saved enough to fly 4,000 miles round trip, hotel and food for a week and bough lower level tickets to the last game. 50 degrees where I live right now and I sat in that heat from noon until dark. I couldn’t have been happier watching those touchdowns in person. I got autographs from Fred Taylor in the parking lot and 8 other players. I got to spend all day surrounded by jags fans. Don’t wanna pay for pizza? Eat before the game, I’m not gonna let beer price ruin my game day experience. Drink before the game if you need a beer so damn bad. I’d rather be active and enjoy seeing the whole game then drinking beer at home and watching a fraction of the field. If anything ever happened to the jags I guess some of you can keep your same routine because your only option to watch football will be via a different team on tv. My opinion and just that, I don’t think you can be a fan of a team if you have the ability to go to games and choose not to because your couch is comfy. It’s like being in a relationship but not wanting to spend time with the person. You just kinda wanna watch the from afar with no responsibility. I know people are the way they are and my rant don’t mean squat. But this city isn’t supporting its team if we end up not selling out a game this important. Making idiots like chris carter look reaaaal smart.

My dad took me to my first game as a child in 1998. He’s a penny pinching fool but I’m glad he did. Best memory I have and started a life long passion of watching the sport and this team. Glad we didn’t eat cheap food and sit on a couch

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018, 04:51 AM by UKJag.)

I only get to do one games a season at Wembley, but I'd be a season ticket holder if I lived in Jax and although I watch every other game of the season home and away on Game Pass you can't beat being there.

I have been out to Jax in 2012 to see us lose to the Jets and then went down to Miami to see us lose there the following week because I'm a pre international series fan (actually since '95). Right now with a young family something like that just isn't possible as the cost is way to expensive, but as soon as I can afford it my boy (currently 3 & shouts DUUUVAL) will be getting to his first real home game.

I can't speak for locally because I don't live there, so would be a bit arrogant of me to try to speak for folks I don't know how they live day to day. The Titans looking ropey on account of injuries and the heat are sure to be factors.