Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags - Titans (lacking fan interest)

(09-21-2018, 12:08 AM)Captain_Caldwell Wrote: Starting to wonder if this city deserves a team. Every non jags game I have been too has always been packed. Jags are undefeated and knocked off the goat and have a division opponent and can’t sell tickets. I’d rather sweat a little and get a tan then be in city where it’s 30-40 degrees outside. I’m a college kid waiting tables and I saved enough to fly 4,000 miles round trip, hotel and food for a week and bough lower level tickets to the last game. 50 degrees where I live right now and I sat in that heat from noon until dark. I couldn’t have been happier watching those touchdowns in person. I got autographs from Fred Taylor in the parking lot and 8 other players. I got to spend all day surrounded by jags fans. Don’t wanna pay for pizza? Eat before the game, I’m not gonna let beer price ruin my game day experience. Drink before the game if you need a beer so damn bad. I’d rather be active and enjoy seeing the whole game then drinking beer at home and watching a fraction of the field. If anything ever happened to the jags I guess some of you can keep your same routine because your only option to watch football will be via a different team on tv. My opinion and just that, I don’t think you can be a fan of a team if you have the ability to go to games and choose not to because your couch is comfy. It’s like being in a relationship but not wanting to spend time with the person. You just kinda wanna watch the from afar with no responsibility. I know people are the way they are and my rant don’t mean squat. But this city isn’t supporting its team if we end up not selling out a game this important. Making idiots like chris carter look reaaaal smart.

My dad took me to my first game as a child in 1998. He’s a penny pinching fool but I’m glad he did. Best memory I have and started a life long passion of watching the sport and this team. Glad we didn’t eat cheap food and sit on a couch
Be quiet Cry-Baby and until you become a season ticket holder on a regular basis like me then I don't want to hear from you about my City.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2018, 06:20 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: You guys think this has anything to do with the lopsided loss to the Tacks down there last year? Like the fans want to see a win, and many of them are expecting a loss?

It probably has more to do with the Jag fans finding it difficult to take the tacks very seriously. The team will though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-21-2018, 12:08 AM)Captain_Caldwell Wrote: Starting to wonder if this city deserves a team. Every non jags game I have been too has always been packed. Jags are undefeated and knocked off the goat and have a division opponent and can’t sell tickets. I’d rather sweat a little and get a tan then be in city where it’s 30-40 degrees outside. I’m a college kid waiting tables and I saved enough to fly 4,000 miles round trip, hotel and food for a week and bough lower level tickets to the last game. 50 degrees where I live right now and I sat in that heat from noon until dark. I couldn’t have been happier watching those touchdowns in person. I got autographs from Fred Taylor in the parking lot and 8 other players. I got to spend all day surrounded by jags fans. Don’t wanna pay for pizza? Eat before the game, I’m not gonna let beer price ruin my game day experience. Drink before the game if you need a beer so damn bad. I’d rather be active and enjoy seeing the whole game then drinking beer at home and watching a fraction of the field. If anything ever happened to the jags I guess some of you can keep your same routine because your only option to watch football will be via a different team on tv. My opinion and just that, I don’t think you can be a fan of a team if you have the ability to go to games and choose not to because your couch is comfy. It’s like being in a relationship but not wanting to spend time with the person. You just kinda wanna watch the from afar with no responsibility. I know people are the way they are and my rant don’t mean squat. But this city isn’t supporting its team if we end up not selling out a game this important. Making idiots like chris carter look reaaaal smart.

My dad took me to my first game as a child in 1998. He’s a penny pinching fool but I’m glad he did. Best memory I have and started a life long passion of watching the sport and this team. Glad we didn’t eat cheap food and sit on a couch

+1
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018, 09:26 AM by VondyP.)

there is a reason the jags are called the tarpkitties

bring em out bring em out!

[Image: Jaguars-Tarps.jpg]

(09-21-2018, 07:23 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 06:20 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: You guys think this has anything to do with the lopsided loss to the Tacks down there last year? Like the fans want to see a win, and many of them are expecting a loss?

It probably has more to do with the Jag fans finding it difficult to take the tacks very seriously. The team will though.

ramsey will after henry plants him again i'm sure

(09-21-2018, 09:25 AM)VondyP Wrote: there is a reason the jags are called the tarpkitties

(09-21-2018, 07:23 AM)hb1148 Wrote: It probably has more to do with the Jag fans finding it difficult to take the tacks very seriously. The team will though.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance
Huh

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018, 10:46 AM by Perkolater.)

I love all the folks who live out of town and don't by season tickets passing judgement on those of us who do. Fact is the Jags sold more season tickets this off season than any other NFL team, after having a single winning season in over a decade. I think the fan support here is just fine and only getting better.

(09-21-2018, 09:25 AM)VondyP Wrote: there is a reason the jags are called the tarpkitties

(09-21-2018, 07:23 AM)hb1148 Wrote: It probably has more to do with the Jag fans finding it difficult to take the tacks very seriously. The team will though.

Last I checked, Ramsey's part of the team, lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

This is a relevant take.

A few points I’d like to make though.

1. The 40-50 thousand die hards that have stuck by their team from day one deserve better than that insulting first sentence.

2. If this fan base doesn’t get near capacity for every home game this season it will be very disappointing, but...

3. 70 thousand seats is a big number for one of the smaller markets in the NFL.  A turnout of ~64,000 or so against a lackluster opponent isn’t exactly a disgrace for the city of Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018, 12:50 PM by homebiscuit.)

We need a new, smaller stadium. A covered one, preferably.

Someone make this happen. Chop chop.

I blame the crows.

(09-20-2018, 03:18 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 03:07 PM)FBT Wrote: How would you know?  It was showing 97 degrees on the field at kickoff, even with the clouds starting to roll in. They didn't really build up until after the game had started, and even with the clouds, the temperatures remained in the mid to high 80's for almost the entire game.  Short periods of sprinkles is being generous.  It sprinkled once, for about 5 minutes.

Hmmmmm, just because it's 97 degrees on the field doesn't mean its 97 degrees on the nosebleeds.    Wasn't that hot as a spectator as previous games like the Sept games against the Packers and Raiders of previous years where people are dropping like flies.  If you thought this past Sunday game conditions are hot for a spectator, you are soft as cotton.

The number of heat related medical issues in the stadium was to the point where JFRD and stadium staff were overwhelmed.  I'm sure your nosebleeds on the couch were quite comfortable. 

As far as being "soft as cotton", I haven't missed a home game in years.  The heat doesn't bother me one bit.  That doesn't diminish the fact that it was extremely hot. Most actual fans who attended the game were at the stadium hours in advance because they were being told to get there early. These people had been xposed to the heat for hours before the game leading up to kickoff.  I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, so I won't bother going any further with this.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-20-2018, 07:21 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 07:17 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:  that is the best joke I've heard yet LOL

So i looked up your score prediction. 56-9. That was the same score turndownforwatt predicted last wk. Lol

Ah man I messed up... I meant 65-9 lol I just got a little trigger happy and mistyped it.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018, 10:42 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(09-21-2018, 03:19 PM)FBT Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 03:18 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Hmmmmm, just because it's 97 degrees on the field doesn't mean its 97 degrees on the nosebleeds.    Wasn't that hot as a spectator as previous games like the Sept games against the Packers and Raiders of previous years where people are dropping like flies.  If you thought this past Sunday game conditions are hot for a spectator, you are soft as cotton.

I'm sure your nosebleeds on the couch were quite comfortable. 

If I was on my couch, then how do I know that the FSU band played at halftime and I have those scroll signs that they gave out at the entrance. You are clueless. See you baldhead Mr clean wanna be bad boy look at the Titans game.

(09-22-2018, 10:39 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 03:19 PM)FBT Wrote: I'm sure your nosebleeds on the couch were quite comfortable. 

If I was on my couch, then how do I know that the FSU band played at halftime and I have those scroll signs that they gave out at the entrance. You are clueless. See you baldhead Mr clean wanna be bad boy look at the Titans game.

Come on now jag fans. No fighting amongst yourselves. Save that for the other team.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(09-21-2018, 12:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: We need a new, smaller stadium. A covered one, preferably.

Someone make this happen. Chop chop.

I like the bank tho. Its a great experience, especially in the winter.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.