Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Carter is an idiot

(09-21-2018, 07:55 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 07:40 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I think visiting fan totals are nearly always over-estimated, I've tried to figure out why and I guess there is a psychological factor at play...a different jersey or t-shirt tends to stand out against the home team colors. I saw a tweet from a Bills fan who claimed there were 20K Bills fans at that game, and the image he showed in support (one of the sections in the stadium) when you actually looked closely had around 100 Bills fans.  It's hard to extrapolate that exactly but I think it demonstrates the idea.

As far as attendance at other stadiums, you can compare Jags attendance to some of the dregs for comparison.

Team        Avg Home Stadium Capacity
Tennessee   62,372     90.2
Arizona        61,613     94.8
Detroit        61,356     95.1
Indianapolis 58,699     93.2
Chicago      57,960     94.2
Washington57,013     69.5
Tampa Bay 56,552     86.2
Oakland      53,857     96.2
Cincinnati    50,018     76.3
Los Angeles 25,351     93.9

LOL...Chargers at 93.9% with a 30,000ish seating capacity in one of the biggest cities in the US.  Now that's an attendance problem.

Poor Chargers should NEVER have moved to LA!
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-21-2018, 07:55 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 07:40 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I think visiting fan totals are nearly always over-estimated, I've tried to figure out why and I guess there is a psychological factor at play...a different jersey or t-shirt tends to stand out against the home team colors. I saw a tweet from a Bills fan who claimed there were 20K Bills fans at that game, and the image he showed in support (one of the sections in the stadium) when you actually looked closely had around 100 Bills fans.  It's hard to extrapolate that exactly but I think it demonstrates the idea.

As far as attendance at other stadiums, you can compare Jags attendance to some of the dregs for comparison.

Team        Avg Home Stadium Capacity
Tennessee   62,372     90.2
Arizona        61,613     94.8
Detroit        61,356     95.1
Indianapolis 58,699     93.2
Chicago      57,960     94.2
Washington57,013     69.5
Tampa Bay 56,552     86.2
Oakland      53,857     96.2
Cincinnati    50,018     76.3
Los Angeles 25,351     93.9

LOL...Chargers at 93.9% with a 30,000ish seating capacity in one of the biggest cities in the US.  Now that's an attendance problem.

Not to mention 30% of those fans are those of the opposing team.  There was a lot of red in the stands in their week 1 loss vs KC Chiefs.

Chris Carter -- the same guy that stated Kevin Durant (who played 68 games) had it much tougher than Lebron James (who played all 82 game and took a beating throughout the year)

Chris Carter -- the same guy that tool rookies that they need to have a fall guy to take the rap when they do something wrong.

That guy?

Does anybody know the capacity of the Bud Zone? Is it really all that significant?

I thought there were a ton of Pats fans there until I heard the noise from the stands. When the Patriots had the ball, it was deafening, when the Jags had the ball, the noise was much, much less. My eyes told me 60-40 Jags fans but my ears told me 90-10 or so.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

There are only 6 or 8 teams that really always have a crazy loud sell out atmosphere regardless of how many games they win. Why does he feel the need to single out Jacksonville.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(09-21-2018, 12:17 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: There are only 6 or 8 teams that really always have a crazy loud sell out atmosphere regardless of how many games they win. Why does he feel the need to single out Jacksonville.

Low hanging fruit.  Bag on the Jags and you don't have to worry about being called out, well 'cept by us of course.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-21-2018, 08:29 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: For one thing....opposing fans are more likely to stay in their seats hoping/wishing to see their team do something rather than braving the crowded deck and inside the BudZone.
For another ....our stadium has so many nice places to hang out...and still see what's happening on the field.

so I'm not surprised at all that some seats....especially on a really hot day...are sometimes empty.

I left my seat after halftime and went to hang out on the fanduelville deck or whatever it’s called now. Had to get some air flow going. Two quarters in a cramped seat sandwiched between two big ol sweaty dudes was enough for me lol. Apparently I wasn’t the only one as the deck was packed and rocking as expected.

(09-20-2018, 04:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: There was quite a bit of red in the stands, from what I saw on TV.  There aren't as many Jags fans as fans of other teams.   It's just one of the things you have to take on the chin as a Jags fan, and probably about half the teams in the NFL, frankly.

We've seen far greater numbers of visiting fans from other teams.  The number of Pats fans for that game was actually fairly low, and I wasn't looking at a TV.  I was there.

As far as what Carter has to say, I'm not sure why people take offense to anything some meathead former player has to say about something.  It's not like he has a clue what's going on here.  He's not on the air because of his educated take on any subject related to football.  He's on the air because of his name.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-20-2018, 06:31 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 06:22 PM)Captain_Caldwell Wrote: I lost brain cells watching that segment. I don’t entirely disagree with the crowd comments though. When I go to Denver games, there isn’t a single empty seat and the atmosphere is more intense. It was an electric enviorment in Duval last Sunday. But there were still empty seats in the upper level. There were plenty of patriots fans especially around me, but that’s to be expected since they are a popular team. And last year for the turn around we were having and being successful, the crowd wasn’t impressive on tv. Now I do think if we go far this year and keep winning, I think next years attendance will only get better. If build a team that dominates year in and year out I don’t think this will be a conversation in another year or two.

I think it’s dumb to say we don’t have a home field advantage. We have won what, 7 or 8 in a row at home. Our team is young and emotional and plays a lot better when we are at home. Regardless of weather. That’s overblown. Both teams feel heat or cold are are trained to play football. Also dumb to waste time complaining about our receivers. Moncrief was a weapon in the end zone. Our tight ends moved the chains and scored a touchdown. Cole  went over a hundred, made highlight catches and scored a touchdown. Dede made a play with his legs and busted a long touchdown. Only question was our rookie receiver who go beat bad trying to do a fade on the right side of the end zone and who coughed up the ball from a great punch out. I know it was one game but it shows all our receivers and tight ends are capable of making more than enough plays. Bortles makes plays with his legs and his arm in back to back game and they still wanna complain about him

I agree I can't argue with what you said about mile high. Been there and it is amazing. But i also I think that things like the budzone keep fans out of thier seats and exaggerate the appearance of empty seats a bit.
This. Mile High doesn’t have the hangouts within the stadium that TIAA has. With the weather there were thousands in the halls and hangouts trying to cool off.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

CC is a joke. He's lazy & uninformed. His comments are inconsequential.

Denver is a weird sports town because nobody cares at all about the Rockies,Nuggets,Rapids,Mammoth,Buffs,or CSU....like absolutely nobody. Rockies are in the midst of a playoff race and I can go to every game for free(if I wanted to). The Rapids should move, Nuggets are a decent almost made the playoffs last year and nuggets fans were telling me they would rather see the Wolves make it because it would be a better matchup with Houston lololol wut. Saturdays nobody watches the Buffs or CSU, like its weird growing up in the South where everyone roots hardcore for their college team and then out here it's like they dont exist. The broncos however have a good following but many many many of there fans are casual fans, like ya they sell out the stadium every game but alot of those fans go to the game to say they went to a Broncos game. If I were to ask 20 of my friends if they could name more than 10 broncos players I would bet about 4 would be able to....plus when is the last time the Broncos were continuously bad? Last year and the year before Von Miller but like they have been good since before Elway(I wasnt even alive and the Jaguars didnt exist) and that means they have this huge following of like 3 spoiled generations where the Jags have 2 total generations and one of those is my generation and the only time I've ever seen the team be good is the Garrard era sooooo its comparing Apples to Oranges

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018, 12:53 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Pretty sure it's just some diva dude getting paid to stir up controversy and make drama out of thin air. He's pretty much magic like mushrooms.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018, 03:05 PM by Section105Fan.)

Since 2010, the Jags have averaged 62,616 in attendance numbers. That 8 year period, excluding 2017, witnessed some terrible win-loss records for this franchise.( 30-82 ). Despite that, the stadium was about 92% full, on average. I would describe the fan support as pretty outstanding during those hard times. By contrast, when the Dolphins record fell to just 6-10 in 2011, their home attendance dropped to 82% I don’t recall anyone questioning Miami’s fan loyalty. In fact , in most years since 2010, the Jags have filled a greater percentage of this stadium than both the Dolphins and the Bucs. We had 68,527 in attendance for the Pats game, 101% of capacity. Chris Carter’s an idiot.