Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TNF Jets @ Browns

I tried to tell everyone how good Baker was during the 2017 season and before the draft. This kid is gonna be something special. He's the new Drew Brees. Cleveland FINALLY has a real QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We can kinda relate to the Browns' position. Congrats on the win!

Browns would be 3-0 had they started Baker week 1. He's ridiculously accurate.

But, shouldn't take long for defenses to get his number.....then he'll go through some tough times.
Until then....he'll be the "next new thing"
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Guess I shouldn't have turned the game off after yhr 1st quarter.

(09-21-2018, 09:03 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: But, shouldn't take long for defenses to get his number.....then he'll go through some tough times.
Until then....he'll be the "next new thing"
So you don't think he'll be good?

Hugh Jackson said he need to watch the tape before he decide on who the starter is. The only coach worse than Bradley, Ray Charles could see who needs to be the starter. Baker came in and won the game. God Jackson is an idiot

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018, 10:44 AM by Kane.)

(09-21-2018, 12:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I tried to tell everyone how good Baker was during the 2017 season and before the draft. This kid is gonna be something special. He's the new Drew Brees. Cleveland FINALLY has a real QB.

Ditto.
Prototypical QB be damned. Dude has the 'it' and all the skills.
The game changed when he came in. The team around him got a boost, the fans got a shot, and the jests took a gut punch.

(09-21-2018, 10:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hugh Jackson said he need to watch the tape before he decide on who the starter is. The only coach worse than Bradley, Ray Charles could see who needs to be the starter. Baker came in and won the game. God Jackson is an idiot

Mr. "I'm keeping the seat warm for Todd Haley"?
Yeah, I kinda wish he would start Tyrod (if he's healthy) just so he can be shown the door sooner... I don't like listening to his pressers. At least Gus had a lil pep in his voice and was rah rah. This guy is like bland, boring, and not very wise.
Also, from what I saw on Hard Knocks, dude doesn't even have control of his staff very well lol

Also... he didn't decide to pull Tyrod and put in Baker... had Tyrod not been hurt he would have likely lost yet another game

(09-21-2018, 10:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hugh Jackson said he need to watch the tape before he decide on who the starter is.  The only coach worse than Bradley, Ray Charles could see who needs to be the starter.  Baker came in and won the game.  God Jackson is an idiot
Hue is a terrible coach but I heard he said this so he could speak to Taylor first before making the change publicly.

(09-21-2018, 10:43 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 12:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I tried to tell everyone how good Baker was during the 2017 season and before the draft. This kid is gonna be something special. He's the new Drew Brees. Cleveland FINALLY has a real QB.

(09-21-2018, 10:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hugh Jackson said he need to watch the tape before he decide on who the starter is.  The only coach worse than Bradley, Ray Charles could see who needs to be the starter.  Baker came in and won the game.  God Jackson is an idiot

Mr. "I'm keeping the seat warm for Todd Haley"?
Yeah, I kinda wish he would start Tyrod (if he's healthy) just so he can be shown the door sooner... I don't like listening to his pressers. At least Gus had a lil pep in his voice and was rah rah. This guy is like bland, boring, and not very wise.
Also, from what I saw on Hard Knocks, dude doesn't even have control of his staff very well lol

Also... he didn't decide to pull Tyrod and put in Baker... had Tyrod not been hurt he would have likely lost yet another game

i noticed that too.  There were a few times he had to remind someone he was the head coach.  He also said something like this “when you’re sitting in this chair” or ‘this chair is mine not yours”  

Also from hard knocks, I was wondering why they weren’t starting him from the beginning.  The kid is good.  It’s obvious.  Sucks it took Tyrod getting a concussion for him to get a shot.

Hue is an idiot. Since camp Baker hasn't even gotten reps with the 1's because he "didn't deserve it". Then on hard knocks at the end he sits down Baker to tell him he won the backup role over Stanton, as if he never even had a shot at starting. Told him he earned the backup lol. #1 pick comes in to a team that had 1 win in 2 years and he is there to win the backup job. It's just the way he carries himself that I dislike.

It's impressive that Baker did well and he never even worked with any of the 1's ever. You can tell the WR's were caught off guard by dropping some bullets.

(09-21-2018, 10:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Hue is a terrible coach but I heard he said this so he could speak to Taylor first before making the change publicly.

I heard this too. Just to be respectful to Tyrod until he gets a chance to talk to him. 

But with him... you never know.

Jackson was a really good OC, and a solid HC in Oakland. Anyone who didn't see the inevitable Cleveland slide wasn't paying attention to the history of Browns coaches

(09-21-2018, 11:45 AM)TJBender Wrote: Jackson was a really good OC, and a solid HC in Oakland. Anyone who didn't see the inevitable Cleveland slide wasn't paying attention to the history of Browns coaches

I think when Bill Belichick sold his soul, it was in the deal that the browns would suck.  The browns are getting better and pats are slipping.  If I was bill I’d be scared.

Good to see CLE get that Dub. I hope they keep it up.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I made a meme

[Image: 2igxbr.jpg]