Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Team IS Blake Bortles

(09-23-2018, 07:56 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 07:50 PM)Upper Wrote: Dude didn't you learn your lesson? They will nitpick your verbiage at the expense of the context at every turn possible. Choose your labels carefully if you want to have a fair dialogue.

I have decided to use dink and dunk or hyper conservative to describe our offense the majority of the time.

I saw alot of screens today.... but....True. Dink and dunk it is. Fair enough. 

Crazy last week was Hackett was amazing... today... can't attempt runs or pass past 10 yards... but we aren't a dink and dunk. It starts with Marrone, ends with him.

Watching the Patriots last night against Detriot…..  Yeah Hackett wasn't that amazing.  This is the NFL though and every week is a challenge.  This week the Offense failed right alongside the coaching staff.  Typical Titans game where they dictate and dominate the line of scrimmage.  It is going to keep happening too.  I hate that team.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 08:19 AM by Krayz_Jville_D.)

anyone blaming anyone else besides bortles and the Head coach for some of the most bone headed decisions is just plain in denail

this game had arizona from last year written all over it. Marrone has proven multiple times already that he is HORRIBLE with game management and quick crucial decision making. That doesn't mean he isnt a good coach, but it means he is hurting this team in those scenarios and someone else needs to step up and assume command of those areas (coughlin)

when a QB has like 4 or 5 balls batted down, that is HIS fault.. no one elses... blake isnt 6'1 with long spiked cleats like drew brees who doesnt get balls batted, he is a solid 6'4 or 6'5 who gets the most balls batted in the league because he stares down where he's going and side arms it because his motion is so putridly bad

I know we had multiple drops, but we had just as many wide open 1st downs on 3rd down plays that bortles gave his WR's zero chance with

the guy is strait up awful. I swear this team would be so much better with Tyrod Taylor who can hit those short passes and be a way bigger threat with his feet, imagine Alex Smith with this team

but, we made our choice, and now we have to live with it

(09-24-2018, 08:14 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 07:56 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I saw alot of screens today.... but....True. Dink and dunk it is. Fair enough. 

Crazy last week was Hackett was amazing... today... can't attempt runs or pass past 10 yards... but we aren't a dink and dunk. It starts with Marrone, ends with him.

Watching the Patriots last night against Detriot…..  Yeah Hackett wasn't that amazing.  This is the NFL though and every week is a challenge.  This week the Offense failed right alongside the coaching staff.  Typical Titans game where they dictate and dominate the line of scrimmage.  It is going to keep happening too.  I hate that team.

last I checked, we ran the ball on a per time basis way more effectively than the titans, we also threw for more yards, we had no turnovers.  If anything we dominated the lines of scrimmage

yet we still lost

(09-24-2018, 08:18 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: anyone blaming anyone else besides bortles and the Head coach for some of the most bone headed decisions is just plain in denail

this game had arizona from last year written all over it.  Marrone has proven multiple times already that he is HORRIBLE with game management and quick crucial decision making.  That doesn't mean he isnt a good coach, but it  means he is hurting this team in those scenarios and someone else needs to step up and assume command of those areas (coughlin)

when a QB has like 4 or 5 balls batted down, that is HIS fault.. no one elses... blake isnt 6'1 with long spiked cleats like drew brees who doesnt get balls batted, he is a solid 6'4 or 6'5 who gets the most balls batted in the league because he stares down where he's going and side arms it because his motion is so putridly bad

I know we had multiple drops, but we had just as many wide open 1st downs on 3rd down plays that bortles gave his WR's zero chance with

the guy is strait up awful.  I swear this team would be so much better with Tyrod Taylor who can hit those short passes and be a way bigger threat with his feet, imagine Alex Smith with this team

(09-24-2018, 08:14 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Watching the Patriots last night against Detriot…..  Yeah Hackett wasn't that amazing.  This is the NFL though and every week is a challenge.  This week the Offense failed right alongside the coaching staff.  Typical Titans game where they dictate and dominate the line of scrimmage.  It is going to keep happening too.  I hate that team.

last I checked, we ran the ball on a per time basis way more effectively than the titans, we also threw for more yards, we had no turnovers.  If anything we dominated the lines of scrimmage

yet we still lost

I agree with you on the bold. He was turning to his check downs early in the reads. At least that is how it seemed. And then he just flat out missed some of those. When you put yourself in a 3rd in long because your screens and runs up the gut didn't work, You better be prepared to take a shot that is at the very least past the sticks.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 10:48 AM by TearExtractor.)

Just Bortles being Bortles.

The NE game was an anomaly, we all know thats not what to ever expect from him.

Maybe next week he will play lights out again, but the odds are against it....

(09-24-2018, 08:18 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: anyone blaming anyone else besides bortles and the Head coach for some of the most bone headed decisions is just plain in denail

this game had arizona from last year written all over it.  Marrone has proven multiple times already that he is HORRIBLE with game management and quick crucial decision making.  That doesn't mean he isnt a good coach, but it  means he is hurting this team in those scenarios and someone else needs to step up and assume command of those areas (coughlin)

the guy is strait up awful.  I swear this team would be so much better with Tyrod Taylor who can hit those short passes and be a way bigger threat with his feet, imagine Alex Smith with this team

(09-24-2018, 08:14 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Watching the Patriots last night against Detriot…..  Yeah Hackett wasn't that amazing.  This is the NFL though and every week is a challenge.  This week the Offense failed right alongside the coaching staff.  Typical Titans game where they dictate and dominate the line of scrimmage.  It is going to keep happening too.  I hate that team.

yet we still lost

Ummm... if he cant coach in that aspect than why is he even a coach? You do realize that thats the biggest part of coaching, right?

Oh god the Tyrod is better crowd is back? I was admittedly on that train last year but yeesh he has been absolutely atrocious this year, significantly worse than Bortles

(09-23-2018, 05:14 PM)Rooster Wrote: He wasn't good but neither was anyone else from the coaching staff to the rest of the team.  Tell me anyone who coached or played good today.

Defense
I know the rush yardage total was bigger than what they wanted...
but multiple sacks
9 points...

should have been good enough

(09-24-2018, 10:47 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: Just Bortles being Bortles.

The NE game was an anomaly, we all know thats not what to ever expect from him.

Maybe next week he will play lights out again, but the odds are against it....

It's not an anomaly look at any number of games last year, that's just it but it's not consistent and sometimes when you need him most that's when he fades.  At his best he's great but he needs conditions to be just right, receivers making catches and the OL keeping the pressure off.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Durinf halftime, the high school QBs and wrs throw and run/catch better deep pass routes than Blake/Cole/Moncrief/Chark/Westbrook

That Pats game was our Super Bowl lol.

Got quiet in here....

He was under pressure allot, if not for two fumbles, the offence puts up 40

If you notice he did not have any batted balls in the first half. it appears that their line was getting so worn out by the second half that they did not rush very hard and just jumped up when he passed.

(09-30-2018, 08:46 PM)icey14 Wrote: He was under pressure allot, if not for two fumbles, the offence puts up 40

Yup, if not for those 3 turnovers, this team easily puts up 40 and the Jets probably don't even score 3 points.

It isn't often in the NFL where you have 9 penalties for 90 yards, cough up 3 turnovers, while not forcing any (should of had at least 2 INT from Darnold though) and still completely dominate the game. 

38 minutes vs 22 min time of possession. 503 total yards vs 178 total yards.

The score doesn't really show just how one sided this game was.

(09-30-2018, 08:27 PM)Perkolater Wrote: Got quiet in here....

Yeah that is because the haters has went to bed early. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]

Best thing about Blake so far through the 1st Q of the season is 64.7% completion percentage. I love that they featured Westbrook, 9 rec-130yds, and I saw a lot of fire from him. Game could of been even bigger he had a long pass from Blake that he dropped when the DB had some tight coverage. Through 1st Q, Westbrook is on pace for 84 receptions and a little under 1200 yards. I hope to see the connection grow even more as the season continues.