Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Team IS Blake Bortles

(09-23-2018, 07:50 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 07:38 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I hate this screen offense...

Dude didn't you learn your lesson? They will nitpick your verbiage at the expense of the context at every turn possible. Choose your labels carefully if you want to have a fair dialogue.

I have decided to use dink and dunk or hyper conservative to describe our offense the majority of the time.

I saw alot of screens today.... but....True. Dink and dunk it is. Fair enough. 

Crazy last week was Hackett was amazing... today... can't attempt runs or pass past 10 yards... but we aren't a dink and dunk. It starts with Marrone, ends with him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anyone defending Bortles at this point, I just...I don’t understand.

Sad part is we could have had Mahomes last year. But instead we drafted a RB at pick 4

(09-23-2018, 07:57 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Anyone defending Bortles at this point, I just...I don’t understand.

Sad part is we could have had Mahomes last year. But instead we drafted a RB at pick 4

Shhhhhh, you cant criticize the boat. You'll get warnings. Leopardbold will come after you.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 08:05 PM by Upper.)

(09-23-2018, 07:56 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 07:50 PM)Upper Wrote: Dude didn't you learn your lesson? They will nitpick your verbiage at the expense of the context at every turn possible. Choose your labels carefully if you want to have a fair dialogue.

I have decided to use dink and dunk or hyper conservative to describe our offense the majority of the time.

I saw alot of screens today.... but....True. Dink and dunk it is. Fair enough. 

Crazy last week was Hackett was amazing... today... can't attempt runs or pass past 10 yards... but we aren't a dink and dunk. It starts with Marrone, ends with him.

That's the dictionary definition of dink and dunk. 0 passes completed past 7 yards until the 11 yard hook and ladder attempt on the last drive of the game. And yes before people start screaming about drops, a couple of those past 10 yards were dropped, and even if they were completed that would still be about the most extreme playing scared passing chart I have ever seen.

https://charts-cdn-c.nextgenstats.nfl.co...60147.jpeg

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 08:08 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

(09-23-2018, 08:02 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 07:56 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I saw alot of screens today.... but....True. Dink and dunk it is. Fair enough. 

That's the dictionary definition of dink and dunk. 0 passes completed past 7 yards until the 11 yard hook and ladder attempt on the last drive of the game.

https://charts-cdn-c.nextgenstats.nfl.co...60147.jpeg

OH believe me I agree, i was being sarcastic.

That's actually the grossest chart ever... it's almost as if the coachin staff gave up the game... Let's literally not run the ball and only throw DINKS... lol

(09-23-2018, 07:38 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 07:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: A high draft pick. We may or may not move on, but there will be serious competition for the starting job. If Blake performs, his eventual replacement develops on the bench. Our defense takes a cap ding next year.  We're going to need more consistent offense, which has been a nagging problem with Bortles.

So the offense refusal to run the ball has nothing to do with it? Trust me I get on Bortles more than anyone and I hate this screen offense... but refusing to run the ball or throw the ball deep is going to help an inconsistent QB?

A consistent QB would enable the offense to adjust so they could produce. Blake Bortles is the BOAT, a dog, and a righteous dude, but he's not The Man.

Believe in THE BOAT!

The offense as a whole was bad today. I dont out it all on Blake, it he definitely didnt help the situation.

I will say this.. I thought the play calling was trash, but I think Bortles was resorting to his check down option quickly. Yes there were drops, yes there was pressure, and yes there were penalties(haven't seen a game without that). But that doesn't mean you abandon taking deep shots all together. The guy would/could(what ever you want to call it) NOT take a shot down field and that isn't going to work. If we didn't take shots last week, we don't win that game. We didn't take shots this week and we put up two field goals total in points.

Honestly it was stupid to watch. Titans can be on their high horse(they have the right). But I still don't see how you could have watched that game and thought Tennessee was anything more than a lucky piece of [BLEEP] that caught a few breaks while rotting at the bottom of the league. Time will show what a dumpster fire they are, it is inevitable.

Look what lions r doin to pats.. we got massive issues

(09-23-2018, 07:57 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Anyone defending Bortles at this point, I just...I don’t understand.

Mahomes is playing this well because he learned under Andy Reid and Alex Smith for a year. Jags don't have an offensive mind as good nor had a elder QB as good (Smith > Bortles or Henne), and the fans would have clamored for Mahomes to start last year when he would not have been ready.

I was at the game, but I can't recall. Did anyone even see our receivers running any deep routes? I want to say that Bortles was dinking and dunking, but I would like to know if there was even any deep routes ran.

(09-23-2018, 10:26 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Look what lions r doin to pats.. we got massive issues

And the Vikings got smacked by the Bills today, they are still a good team. Redskins dominated the Packers a week after getting waxed by the lowly colts. You need to relax and get your emotions in check my dude. Yes we lost. Yes it was ugly. But we are still 2 and 1 and will come back and respond next week to move to 3 and 1. Even good teams have letdowns. We were never going to go 16-0, and all division games are usually tough, close games.

I'm waiting for the "Start Kessler" posts and threads to pop up within the next week or so.

(09-23-2018, 10:34 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 10:26 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Look what lions r doin to pats.. we got massive issues

And the Vikings got smacked by the Bills today, they are still a good team. Redskins dominated the Packers a week after getting waxed by the lowly colts. You need to relax and get your emotions in check my dude. Yes we lost. Yes it was ugly. But we are still 2 and 1 and will come back and respond next week to move to 3 and 1. Even good teams have letdowns. We were never going to go 16-0, and all division games are usually tough, close games.
People seriously need to get a grip. I'm as upset as the next guy but lets take a step back. We were #1 or #2 in Power Rankings across the nation. These aren't homer jags fans making these either. We're a great team, we just had an ugly major letdown. The season is not over after Week 3 against a tough divisional opponent who has our number for some reason.

(09-23-2018, 10:34 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: I was at the game, but I can't recall. Did anyone even see our receivers running any deep routes? I want to say that Bortles was dinking and dunking, but I would like to know if there was even any deep routes ran.

Deep routes require a QB to have more then 2 seconds in the pocket. At no time yesterday was BB5 afforded that. If O-line play remains as it did yesterday we wont see to many more deep completions. The O-line's play was pitiful yesterday. To the point where personnel decisions will have to be made.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

there were multiple times bortles had multiple seconds in the pocket, I swear you guys skew facts to protect him, I just dont get it

why cant you guys call a spade a spade? When he has a great game I say he had a great game like vs NE, when he is god awful putrid, why cant you guys say so?

(09-24-2018, 07:56 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: there were multiple times bortles had multiple seconds in the pocket, I swear you guys skew facts to protect him, I just dont get it

why cant you guys call a spade a spade? When he has a great game I say he had a great game like vs NE, when he is god awful putrid, why cant you guys say so?

Yeah, I agree the pressure Blake faced has been overblown. Blake faced a lot of pressure for sure, but the majority of his drop backs were still clean. Our pressure percentage on the entire year is only 7.1%, so even if every single one of those was last game Blake was still only pressured on 1/5 of his drop backs. We also got the exact same number of sacks and hits on Titans QBs as they got on us, in 13 fewer attempts.

Yes I know that's very rough math and assumes that the attempts were even per game, but it's good enough to prove that he wasn't getting hit after 2 seconds every time he dropped back as has been suggested more often than not.

Hackett went from calling a great game to calling a terrible game.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(09-24-2018, 08:05 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 07:56 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: there were multiple times bortles had multiple seconds in the pocket, I swear you guys skew facts to protect him, I just dont get it

why cant you guys call a spade a spade?  When he has a great game I say he had a great game like vs NE, when he is god awful putrid, why cant you guys say so?

Yeah, I agree the pressure Blake faced has been overblown. Blake faced a lot of pressure for sure, but the majority of his drop backs were still clean. Our pressure percentage on the entire year is only 7.1%, so even if every single one of those was last game Blake was still only pressured on 1/5 of his drop backs. We also got the exact same number of sacks and hits on Titans QBs as they got on us, in 13 fewer attempts.

Yes I know that's very rough math and assumes that the attempts were even per game, but it's good enough to prove that he wasn't getting hit after 2 seconds every time he dropped back as has been suggested more often than not.

Plus their secondary isn't that great. I know there was some drops but you don't abandon taking shots. I think it was the perfect storm of [BLEEP] play calling by Hackett in an attempt to limit possible mistakes and turnovers, and blake not giving his receivers a shot when they got one on ones. Look at cole's catch last week and his touch down right after, We do have enough talent to win 50/50 balls. that chart earlier in the thread shows blake just didn't put them up there.