Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FA “agrees to sell Wembley to Khan”: UPDATE - Khan withdraws offer

I'm sure Shad is furious.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: DptxsQiWwAA0jzU.jpg]

Yes!

I don’t wish misfortune or anything, and I am confident that Khan would have not moved the team, but I’m glad the deal fell through, if only to shut up the idiotic talking heads, tabloids etc

I think what's good for Khan is good for the Jaguars in Jax. He's stated numerous times his positive view on the purchase as being a positive investment so from that standpoint the withdrawal shouldn't be viewed positively by the fans. With that said, this announcement *could* be a negotiating ploy. We'll see. In the meantime, the talking heads might now pivot to a discussion on the next location the Jags will move too.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

From the BBC. I appreciate that he's respectful of the football/soccer culture there and how people feel about the stadium. It makes me hopeful that he would be just as respectful of our team.

I like this: "And Glenn added: "At a recent meeting with Mr Khan he expressed to us that, without stronger support from within the game, his offer is being seen as more divisive than it was anticipated to be and has decided to withdraw his proposal.

"Wembley Stadium is an iconic venue that is revered around the world and it will continue to thrive under the ownership and direction of the FA."

Khan said he wanted "to do right by everyone in a manner that strengthens the English game and brings people together, not divides them".

He added: "Unfortunately, given where we are today, I've concluded that the outcome of a vote next week would be far from sufficient in expressing the broad support favoured by the FA chairman to sell Wembley Stadium.

"Until a time when it is evident there is an unmistakable directive from the FA to explore and close a sale, I am respectfully withdrawing my offer to purchase Wembley Stadium.""

guess we are stuck with them huh

Khan seems like a pretty decent chap for an evil billionaire overlord.

Thank God, good for the Jags.

You guys need a billionaire decoder ring. Khan is saying get your shirts together and maybe I'll make another bid someday. The political timing is not ideal now.

(10-17-2018, 11:09 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: guess we are stuck with them huh

Nobody asked you to be a fan of the Jags.  You're a fake fan anyway, just quit watching them!

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2018, 01:48 PM by Perkolater.)

Nope, you aren't. Feel free to leave. You won't be missed.

(10-17-2018, 01:47 PM)Perkolater Wrote:

Nope, you aren't.  Feel free to leave.   You won't be missed.

Idk, if he buys tickets or merch then he will be missed since they already have issues selling both.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-17-2018, 11:04 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I think what's good for Khan is good for the Jaguars in Jax. He's stated numerous times his positive view on the purchase as being a positive investment so from that standpoint the withdrawal shouldn't be viewed positively by the fans. With that said, this announcement *could* be a negotiating ploy. We'll see. In the meantime, the talking heads might now pivot to a discussion on the next location the Jags will move too.

Agreed.  If he's able to improve the bottom line with NFL revenue from Wembley, it ultimately benefits this team.  His financial commitment to Jacksonville SHOULD have silenced the naysayers, but any chance they get to link small market Jacksonville to any kind of relocation rumor is going to be pounced upon because these media hacks are a lazy bunch.  So, you're right.  They're not going to stop just because for the moment Khan isn't buying Wembley.  They'll simply find the next target for relocation and connect the Jags to that one.  

I also think Khan may be withdrawing his offer as a negotiating ploy.  He could resubmit tomorrow.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]