Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FA “agrees to sell Wembley to Khan”: UPDATE - Khan withdraws offer

(09-26-2018, 10:07 AM)14and3 Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 09:58 AM)Perkolater Wrote: Mods

Please ban the trolls.

I agree mods. Ban these people who can’t discuss football without reverting to incest jokes.

I didn't think they were jokes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2018, 09:53 AM)VondyP Wrote: [Image: 492514c000ebffb0835bfdeac473b99d.jpeg]

Dang, that's actually a pretty cool pic (if I leave my heart out of it).

The NFL needs to re-stabilize itself on domestic soil before it looks to expand internationally.

If any owner moves this team to the UK, it will be Tony, not Shad.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 10:25 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-26-2018, 09:02 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 07:44 AM)Andy G Wrote: I don’t see the link.

The latest development is the English Football Association is making a decision on whether to sell Wembley.

Are you suggesting they are making that decision tomorrow because they are worried about the attendance at the Titans game?

The timing is coincidental.

Not uhh… Khan has 4 letters in his name and it is week FOUR(4 letters), we buy Wembley one week after loss, titans and London both have 6 letters in their names.... coincidences??? I think not... Full melt down panic mode ENGAGED.

HA !!!   I can see it now.  Shad hitting the $24,999 bottle of Glenlivet (aged 50 years) after the Titans game desperately attempting to get a hold of Prime Minister Theresa May --- check out the link ($24,999 -- not joking !!)

https://www.woodswholesalewine.com/produ...JHEALw_wcB

[Image: Winchester1964-product-hero_grande.jpg?v=1513214476]

(09-26-2018, 10:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 09:02 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Not uhh… Khan has 4 letters in his name and it is week FOUR(4 letters), we buy Wembley one week after loss, titans and London both have 6 letters in their names.... coincidences??? I think not... Full melt down panic mode ENGAGED.

HA !!!   I can see it now.  Shad hitting the $24,999 bottle of Glenlivet (aged 50 years) after the Titans game desperately attempting to get a hold of Prime Minister Theresa May --- check out the link ($24,999 -- not joking !!)

So, I guess you sitting in the shade while others fry wasn't enough to kill the rumors, huh?

You need to try harder!

(09-26-2018, 10:27 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 10:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: HA !!!   I can see it now.  Shad hitting the $24,999 bottle of Glenlivet (aged 50 years) after the Titans game desperately attempting to get a hold of Prime Minister Theresa May --- check out the link ($24,999 -- not joking !!)

So, I guess you sitting in the shade while others fry wasn't enough to kill the rumors, huh?

You need to try harder!

I'm all about shade, whether it's sitting in it or throwin' it.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 12:24 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-26-2018, 09:15 AM)VondyP Wrote: Well since you guys can't even manage to sell out a division rivalry game I guess you get to move to london after all:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...uars-move/

"The Financial Times writes that if Khan is able to complete the Wembley purchase, England’s Football Association “will vacate the premises over the autumn months when the Jaguars play NFL games, with Mr Khan harbouring ambitious plans to bring his US American football franchise to London.” The Daily Mail writes that “Khan made it clear that owning Wembley would ‘protect the Jaguars’ position in London’. He will need approval from the NFL to make that happen.”

Titans only averaged about 1k more fans per game last year than the Jags, and they have a larger MSA population, with less NFL competition (one NFL team in Tenn vs 3 in Florida). Try again please.

(09-26-2018, 09:15 AM)VondyP Wrote: Well since you guys can't even manage to sell out a division rivalry game I guess you get to move to london after all:

"The Financial Times writes that if Khan is able to complete the Wembley purchase, England’s Football Association “will vacate the premises over the autumn months when the Jaguars play NFL games, with Mr Khan harbouring ambitious plans to bring his US American football franchise to London.” The Daily Mail writes that “Khan made it clear that owning Wembley would ‘protect the Jaguars’ position in London’. He will need approval from the NFL to make that happen.”

Ironic since your home divisional game this year sold 2k less tickets (90%) than our home divisional game (94%)

(09-26-2018, 11:15 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Ironic since your home divisional game this year sold 2k less tickets (90%) than our home divisional game (94%)

Dang. And again as I stated; Nashville has more population in their MSA. By a good 400/500k. 

Maybe this guy should actually check stats before running his mouth

(09-26-2018, 11:16 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 11:15 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Ironic since your home divisional game this year sold 2k less tickets (90%) than our home divisional game (94%)

Dang. And again as I stated; Nashville has more population in their MSA. By a good 400/500k. 

Maybe this guy should actually check stats before running his mouth

On top of that, it wasnt even just a home divisional game, it was their home opener.

(09-26-2018, 11:07 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:

Titans only averaged about 1k more fans per game last year than the Jags, and they have a larger MSA population, with less NFL competition (one NFL team in Tenn vs 3 in Florida). Try again please.

Did you mean MSB population ?
 mod edit

(09-26-2018, 11:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 11:07 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Titans only averaged about 1k more fans per game last year than the Jags, and they have a larger MSA population, with less NFL competition (one NFL team in Tenn vs 3 in Florida). Try again please.

Did you mean MSB population ?
 mod edit

I haven’t heard of that term, but anyhow: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_...ical_areas

(09-26-2018, 06:56 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 05:56 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: This after seeing like 20K fans in the stands after a Pats win..... doesn't surprise me one bit. Build that brand baby.

64k sold, but you keep trying.
64K? You saw 64K people in those stands after halftime against the Tacks? Yeah I guess there's no correlation to a business man making a smart business deal after seeing his 2-0 team on the heels of a huge win see a complete empty stadium after half. Nooooo correlation at all we will just ignore it and it'll go away. Are the Jags going to move? I don't think so, not any time soon. But I guarantee you Shad was upset looking at those stands after half. That was pathetic. By doing this he locks up more money in London. This is a business after all. It's a smart move by Shad, no way around it.

(09-26-2018, 11:15 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

we didnt have our starting QB, LT, RT, 3rd OT (yes we were starting #s 4 and 5), 2 LBs, or star TE playing.... 2k tickets lower is actually a great number under the circumstances

(09-26-2018, 12:04 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 06:56 AM)DragonFury Wrote: 64k sold, but you keep trying.
64K? You saw 64K people in those stands after halftime against the Tacks? Yeah I guess there's no correlation to a business man making a smart business deal after seeing his 2-0 team on the heels of a huge win see a complete empty stadium after half. Nooooo correlation at all we will just ignore it and it'll go away. Are the Jags going to move? I don't think so, not any time soon. But I guarantee you Shad was upset looking at those stands after half. That was pathetic. By doing this he locks up more money in London. This is a business after all. It's a smart move by Shad, no way around it.

Seriously? 

You've never been to a football game before have you? 

At what point in a football game do the majority of the fans in attendance leave their seats and go wait in long lines for concessions?  C'mon, man. Think.  The seats don't start filling in again until the 3rd quarter is almost over. And there were plenty of folks escaping the sun and hanging in the tunnels or inner common areas. The turnout last week was a very minor disappointment, but it didn't set some new standard. 

I'm very, very confident weeks 7, 11, 13 and 15 at TIAA will clearly show great local attendance in some cooler weather.  Good chance two or three of those are sell-outs.

(09-26-2018, 12:04 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 06:56 AM)DragonFury Wrote: 64k sold, but you keep trying.

64k SOLD. Now sold does not necessarily mean they're all in the stadium but that doesn't matter to the bottom line, those tickets were paid for. And if Khan gets upset because the stadium looked a bit empty just after half time on a 90 degree day then he's a much worse businessman than I give him credit for. Especially since the stadium was sold out and filled to the brim just one week before.

(09-26-2018, 09:59 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: They will keep denying moving to london right up until they move to london. Sorry jags. thought this talk went away

Yeah, they said that about LA and St. Louis too. When the tacks move, there'll be speculation about the Jags moving to Nashville too probably.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-26-2018, 12:51 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 09:59 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: They will keep denying moving to london right up until they move to london. Sorry jags. thought this talk went away

Yeah, they said that about LA and St. Louis too. When the tacks move, there'll be speculation about the Jags moving to Nashville too probably.

Maybe we can work out a trade. The jax tacks and the nash jags
[Image: incredulous.gif]

I just want to point out once again that teams move because of lousy stadiums. Chargers....left because they wanted a new stadium in SD. Rams...left because they wanted a new stadium in St. Louis. Raiders...leaving Oakland because the stadium is ancient.

Jacksonville has a great stadium, and very good attendance. The Titans have a better chance of moving than the Jags do.