Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FA “agrees to sell Wembley to Khan”: UPDATE - Khan withdraws offer

Lets also not forget the Brexit situation happening in the UK. If the UK leaves the EU, then the "international" market (or lack thereof) in London might not actually be that appealing to an NFL Franchise. The economy in the UK would suffer greatly if the UK cant reach an agreement with the EU. The fact that London was the financial capital and probably the most international city in Europe made it an interesting consideration for NFL owners, but all of that might change if the Brexit goes through. Im sure Khan will consider that, at least he will wait what the actual impact will look like before moving the team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2018, 10:07 AM)14and3 Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 09:58 AM)Perkolater Wrote: Mods

Please ban the trolls.

I agree mods. Ban these people who can’t discuss football without reverting to incest jokes.

Look pal, you of all people should know that incest is no joke. Especially in tackyessee. In tackyessee it is serious family business. Laughing
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Let's also ban people who suggest the team will be moving.

Mr. Khan purchased Wimbley Stadium to protect our Jaguars' interest in playing a yearly home game in England. The revenue from our home game is lucrative. Just imagine how lucrative all of the NFL games will be to the owner of the stadium. #ShadKhan. All revenue/profit goes in his pockets.

As for those of you suggesting that our Jaguars will move into Wimbley as a permanent home team, think again. Think of the issues of the Jaguars' cost of crossing the pond eight times a season. Think of the issues of our opponents having to travel across the pond on their away games. Financially, moving any team to Wimbley is costly.

Now, I said that to say this, #GetALife. LMBO
"AZANE"

We've moved so many times in the last ten years that I've lost track.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He didn't buy it to move the team and lose his investment here in Jacksonville.....
he bought it to make MORE money!
Just have a look at how his investments in sports has gone since he got involved.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I've lost count of how many cities the Jags were supposedly going to move to. Since the team's inception, the following teams have moved (some multiple times).

Raiders moved from LA to Oakland and soon will be moving to Las Vegas
Rams moved from LA to St. Louis and have since moved back
Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens
Houston Oilers moved to Memphis and became the Tennessee Oilers, then they moved to Nashville and became the stinkin' tacks
San Diego Chargers moved to LA
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Statement from Shad.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=5C19BA87

(09-27-2018, 04:02 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Statement from Shad.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=5C19BA87

Good stuff ^

[Image: 42614665_10211635678520205_3738839219523...e=5C19BA87]

(09-27-2018, 07:49 AM)Rico Wrote: We've moved so many times in the last ten years that I've lost track.

We're in Marrakesh. We took the express.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 11:04 AM by Mowerguy.)

I imagine other teams will be slightly jealous of the Jaguars owning not one but TWO stadiums....especially
when they've been paying well over a billion dollars for new ones.
Although he's looking to invest another 600 million english pounds in it as well.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-28-2018, 11:01 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: I imagine other teams will be slightly jealous of the Jaguars owning not one but TWO stadiums....especially
Although he's looking to invest another 600 million english pounds in it as well.

The Jaguars don't own TIAA Bank Field. They do own Heinz Field though, but that's another matter.

(09-28-2018, 12:22 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 11:01 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: I imagine other teams will be slightly jealous of the Jaguars owning not one but TWO stadiums....especially

The Jaguars don't own TIAA Bank Field. They do own Heinz Field though, but that's another matter.

Well, true the city does but the Jags...and the city has too.... have certainly spent lots of dollars on it.
Perhaps I should have said the Jaguars are the  main tenant. 
Yes, as of late Heinz has been very kind to the Jaguars.

The Chargers tempered any notion a team may have had about moving into larger markets.

(09-26-2018, 03:49 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: Lets also not forget the Brexit situation happening in the UK. If the UK leaves the EU, then the "international" market (or lack thereof) in London might not actually be that appealing to an NFL Franchise. The economy in the UK would suffer greatly if the UK cant reach an agreement with the EU. The fact that London was the financial capital and probably the most international city in Europe made it an interesting consideration for NFL owners, but all of that might change if the Brexit goes through. Im sure Khan will consider that, at least he will wait what the actual impact will look like before moving the team.

People are afraid of change.  And EU leaders are afraid of losing power.  London, and the UK, will be fine if they leave the EU.  All the hand wringing is just political theatre.  

As far as the Jags are concerned, I cant see how this would make any difference on us moving to London.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/...s-13389598

Corruption? Is this source reliable at all?
Huh

From the article...

”The American billionaire hopes to relocate his NFL gridiron team, the Jacksonville Jaguars, to London, while the FA wants to use the money to transform the country's increasingly-stretched community facilities.”
Angry
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2018, 11:19 AM by SignMeUpAtQB.)

(09-28-2018, 06:35 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 03:49 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: Lets also not forget the Brexit situation happening in the UK. If the UK leaves the EU, then the "international" market (or lack thereof) in London might not actually be that appealing to an NFL Franchise. The economy in the UK would suffer greatly if the UK cant reach an agreement with the EU. The fact that London was the financial capital and probably the most international city in Europe made it an interesting consideration for NFL owners, but all of that might change if the Brexit goes through. Im sure Khan will consider that, at least he will wait what the actual impact will look like before moving the team.

People are afraid of change.  And EU leaders are afraid of losing power.  London, and the UK, will be fine if they leave the EU.  All the hand wringing is just political theatre.  

As far as the Jags are concerned, I cant see how this would make any difference on us moving to London.

Economically speaking, the UK hardly produces anything anymore, and the things they do produce rely on European imports of parts (and labour). Most of their economy relies on imports. I also dont see them being the financial capital of Europe after brexit anymore, for obvious reasons. 
I agree that some of the political hand wringing is theater, but the EU will want to shatter any ideas that other EU countries might have about leaving the EU, which is why they will be hard on the UK. EU leaders being "afraid of losing power" seems a little bit vague of an argument. Yes, the EU will want to keep the EU together, but thats precisely why they would go extra hard on the UK for leaving, as mentioned above. I think this will have pretty big consequences, but that remains to be seen.

Of course, it is hard to say what impact this might have on the Jaguars. I think its interesting how this might shape the future of the NFL in the UK. Not sure they would even call it "NFL Europe" anymore   Big Grin

Khan just withdrew his offer to buy Wembley.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]