Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags QB in CBS Sports Mock

(10-03-2018, 06:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 04:10 PM)Kane Wrote: Ever?

Indeed.
However I'm weary of us being comfortable already, again, with Bortles. Not wanting a first rounder by any means but I could see first round QB in 2020 barring serious improvements from BB5's consistency.

Why not a fan of Grier?

I see him as a system QB who locks onto receivers and doesn't go through his progressions. In the NFL, he's gonna have to adjust. He has very good receivers who make him better than he actually is. He also lacks the arm strength of the other QB's I have ahead of him. Not that he has a weak arm, but it's just not elite. He's pretty immobile as well. It's just a preference. I personally see him as more of a second rounder. I only think Lock and Herbert will be first round QB's. They have NFL qualities IMO.

(09-29-2018, 09:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Another Missouri QB? Get outta here with that mess.

Florida defenders, Iowa Linemen, SEC QBs. No thanks.

Blaine Gabbert and Drew Lock are about as close as night and day. Lock has elite arm strength and Gabbert lacked it. Lock goes through his progressions and Gabbert locked onto receivers like a deer in headlights. Drew Lock is a true NFL prospect right now and Gabbert was an early entry who should've stayed in school and worked on his mechanics. With all this said, I still want to draft a DT in round 1.
This sounds an awful lot like your boy Mason Rudolph....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 03:37 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-04-2018, 02:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 06:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I see him as a system QB who locks onto receivers and doesn't go through his progressions. In the NFL, he's gonna have to adjust. He has very good receivers who make him better than he actually is. He also lacks the arm strength of the other QB's I have ahead of him. Not that he has a weak arm, but it's just not elite. He's pretty immobile as well. It's just a preference. I personally see him as more of a second rounder. I only think Lock and Herbert will be first round QB's. They have NFL qualities IMO.

Blaine Gabbert and Drew Lock are about as close as night and day. Lock has elite arm strength and Gabbert lacked it. Lock goes through his progressions and Gabbert locked onto receivers like a deer in headlights. Drew Lock is a true NFL prospect right now and Gabbert was an early entry who should've stayed in school and worked on his mechanics. With all this said, I still want to draft a DT in round 1.
This sounds an awful lot like your boy Mason Rudolph....

I don't think so. Rudolph was mobile, big and most importantly, went through his progressions. Huge difference IMO.

(10-04-2018, 10:24 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 06:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I see him as a system QB who locks onto receivers and doesn't go through his progressions. In the NFL, he's gonna have to adjust. He has very good receivers who make him better than he actually is. He also lacks the arm strength of the other QB's I have ahead of him. Not that he has a weak arm, but it's just not elite. He's pretty immobile as well. It's just a preference. I personally see him as more of a second rounder. I only think Lock and Herbert will be first round QB's. They have NFL qualities IMO.

Grier is a system QB? That is kinda silly.
Dude... I respect your opinions but I fully disagree here. I have a friend from West Virginia and I've been watching them since before Grier got there.
And as a UF guy I saw Grier playing very well prior to getting busted. Dude has played well in two different systems. 

Daniel Jeremiah one of the better scout guys on TV had this to say about Grier: Grier lacks elite size, but he has plenty of arm strength. [font=arial, verdana, helvetica] I was very impressed with his combination of zip and touch. He also put on a show when throwing on the move. He makes it look easy. Grier has a quick delivery. He can accurately drive the ball on skinny posts and hole shots near the sideline. He can also operate with limited foot space in the pocket. His accuracy doesn't suffer when he's off platform or forced to change arm angles.[/font]

[font=arial, verdana, helvetica]All of that was before he started putting on quite the show this season perhaps headed to a Heisman.[/font]
[font=arial, verdana, helvetica]I really think by years end he is one of the top 2 or 3 QB draft selections. (A nice selection for the NYG or Tampa, imo)[/font]

It's o.k. we can agree to disagree. Everyone has types of QB's that they prefer. It doesn't really matter though, because unless something changes, I really don't see us drafting a first round QB in the next draft. I'm not a huge fan of any QB in this class anyway. I'd rather discuss Defensive and Offensive linemen in this draft class. That's where we should be focusing.

(10-04-2018, 03:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 02:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: This sounds an awful lot like your boy Mason Rudolph....

I don't think so. Rudolph was mobile, big and most importantly, went through his progressions. Huge difference IMO.

(10-04-2018, 10:24 AM)Kane Wrote: Grier is a system QB? That is kinda silly.
Dude... I respect your opinions but I fully disagree here. I have a friend from West Virginia and I've been watching them since before Grier got there.
And as a UF guy I saw Grier playing very well prior to getting busted. Dude has played well in two different systems. 

Daniel Jeremiah one of the better scout guys on TV had this to say about Grier: Grier lacks elite size, but he has plenty of arm strength. [font=arial, verdana, helvetica] I was very impressed with his combination of zip and touch. He also put on a show when throwing on the move. He makes it look easy. Grier has a quick delivery. He can accurately drive the ball on skinny posts and hole shots near the sideline. He can also operate with limited foot space in the pocket. His accuracy doesn't suffer when he's off platform or forced to change arm angles.[/font]

[font=arial, verdana, helvetica]All of that was before he started putting on quite the show this season perhaps headed to a Heisman.[/font]
[font=arial, verdana, helvetica]I really think by years end he is one of the top 2 or 3 QB draft selections. (A nice selection for the NYG or Tampa, imo)[/font]

It's o.k. we can agree to disagree. Everyone has types of QB's that they prefer. It doesn't really matter though, because unless something changes, I really don't see us drafting a first round QB in the next draft. I'm not a huge fan of any QB in this class anyway. I'd rather discuss Defensive and Offensive linemen in this draft class. That's where we should be focusing.
How is Rudolph not system QB? Literally every QB who lines up for OK State puts up gaudy numbers.

(10-04-2018, 03:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 02:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: This sounds an awful lot like your boy Mason Rudolph....

(10-04-2018, 10:24 AM)Kane Wrote: Grier is a system QB? That is kinda silly.

I'd rather discuss Defensive and Offensive linemen in this draft class. That's where we should be focusing.

This thread isn't discussing DL and OL

(10-04-2018, 03:48 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 03:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't think so. Rudolph was mobile, big and most importantly, went through his progressions. Huge difference IMO.

I'd rather discuss Defensive and Offensive linemen in this draft class. That's where we should be focusing.

This thread isn't discussing DL and OL

It should be, because we're not drafting a QB in the 1st round.

(10-04-2018, 03:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: How is Rudolph not system QB? Literally every QB who lines up for OK State puts up gaudy numbers.

read that as 'Gundy numbers' LOL

(10-04-2018, 08:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 03:48 PM)Kane Wrote: This thread isn't discussing DL and OL

It should be, because we're not drafting a QB in the 1st round.

lulz... but the topic is about Jaguars drafting a QB in a mock.

Tyree Jackson in the 2nd/3rd would be swell

The way this team is built ensures Bortles will be the QB for a long time unless he starts really costing us games. His contract is team friendly compared to most starting QBs who aren't on a rookie deal and the way this team is constructed is to play defense, run the ball and thrive off play action.

(10-06-2018, 02:01 AM)haveaseat Wrote: The way this team is built ensures Bortles will be the QB for a long time unless he starts really costing us games. His contract is team friendly compared to most starting QBs who aren't on a rookie deal and the way this team is constructed is to play defense, run the ball and thrive off play action.

*ahem*

You were saying? 
(although, to be fair... play calling and OL play was probably just as bad as Bortles yesterday)