Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should We Jump Seattle?

Quote:You really cannot be this dense. You hated on the LF pick because we have Ivory and Yeldon already. Now you want to add Cook to the Mix? I'll pass on whatever you're smoking.

Dain.  Bramage.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You really cannot be this dense. You hated on the LF pick because we have Ivory and Yeldon already. Now you want to add Cook to the Mix? I'll pass on whatever you're smoking.
Were you really expecting a keen intellect backing that up? 

To the topic, I think the pick is Lamp if he's there.  I don't see them having to jump anyone. One of those Guards will be there when the Jags are on the clock.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Were you really expecting a keen intellect backing that up? 

To the topic, I think the pick is Lamp if he's there.  I don't see them having to jump anyone.

It's just that he genuinely thinks of himself as some sort of football apostle which clearly is not the case here, plus he fails to realize his posts are archived for all to see going foward.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

If Lamp and Robinson are gone what about Elfein? Is he worth a early second round pick? Could move Linder to guard.

Quote:It's just that he genuinely thinks of himself as some sort of football apostle which clearly is not the case here, plus he fails to realize his posts are archived for all to see going foward.
The last time he came up with something original, it was followed by a flush. 

He's in a twist because the Jags didn't draft a QB in a draft where the QB talent actually makes Blake look pretty good.  That kind of football IQ is almost impossible to measure, and not because it's off the charts high. 

The team landed a solid choice to help the running game, and knowing how Coughlin has operated in the past, odds are high that he'll do what he can to fix the OL today because by not going after any of the QBs who have already been drafted, he's committing to Bortles for 2017.  I do expect to see them grab a QB sometime tonight or maybe tomorrow, but that guy will be the developmental option.  The QB competition this off season will be between Bortles and Allen.  With all of the talk about where Bortles has spent the off season, I don't see where anybody has mentioned what Allen has been up to.  I'd be curious to see if he has been focusing on getting better?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:The last time he came up with something original, it was followed by a flush. 

He's in a twist because the Jags didn't draft a QB in a draft where the QB talent actually makes Blake look pretty good.  That kind of football IQ is almost impossible to measure, and not because it's off the charts high. 

The team landed a solid choice to help the running game, and knowing how Coughlin has operated in the past, odds are high that he'll do what he can to fix the OL today because by not going after any of the QBs who have already been drafted, he's committing to Bortles for 2017.  I do expect to see them grab a QB sometime tonight or maybe tomorrow, but that guy will be the developmental option.  The QB competition this off season will be between Bortles and Allen.  With all of the talk about where Bortles has spent the off season, I don't see where anybody has mentioned what Allen has been up to.  I'd be curious to see if he has been focusing on getting better?

I honestly think unless Kizer drops to the 3rd round we won't take a QB til the 5th at the earliest.

2.) Lamp/Robinson

3.) TE/OT/Best D player that has fallen - Moton//Sydney Jones//Walker?

4.)OT/TE - Kittle?

Not unless Green Bay is like "Hey, Jacksonville.  Want to trade spots for funsies?"

Quote:I honestly think unless Kizer drops to the 3rd round we won't take a QB til the 5th at the earliest.

2.) Lamp/Robinson

3.) TE/OT/Best D player that has fallen - Moton//Sydney Jones//Walker?

4.)OT/TE - Kittle?
I don't think they'd go after Kizer.  Something really unimpressive about him.  If we go that deep, 5th round or later, my guess is that it would wind up being a flyer on someone like Kaaya or Kelly.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2017, 03:44 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

Quote:I don't think they'd go after Kizer.  Something really unimpressive about him.  If we go that deep, 5th round or later, my guess is that it would wind up being a flyer on someone like Kaaya or Kelly.
Agreed...Kelly in the 6th or 7th.

I think Tom is putting his stamp on this and with Marrone being an OL coach I think they are going to try and build the OL up and turn it over to a 1st round QB next year if Bortles flounders.

Heading into the 2018 if Bortles isn't retained and we go OL/TE the next 3 rounds:

OL : Albert//Cann//Linder//Lamp//Moton

With a Kittle at TE and our WRs to pair with Fournette is an ideal scenario for a Rookie who has to be thrown in.

This is a great draft for many positions.   so really love to see trade backs.  We are not one lineman away from greatness. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:We are not one lineman away from greatness. 

How do you know that?  In the NFL, greatness is a team sport.  One mauler at OG that can create a crease and get a key 4th quarter 1st down might have won us 2 or 3 games last year.  A great OG and a great RB tend to keep the chains moving, the QB in a good rhythm, the Defense rested, etc. 

Quote:This is a great draft for many positions.   so really love to see trade backs.  We are not one lineman away from greatness. 

Watson certainly would not make us great, so you truly have no point whatsoever.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I feel like we should jump Seattle to get our choice of O-Lineman whether it be Lamp or Robinson.

What do y'all think?

Winna winna chicken dinna.
Blakes Life Matters

Darn near nailed it!

The problem with Alabama linemen is that on tape they look like Walter Jones, but in the pros they play like Norah Jones.