Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UFC/MMA Thread

This one could get ugly for Khabib. After winning the fight to pull [BLEEP] like that is more than just stupid. He may lose his belt and his visa. I don't think it is the commission siding with anyone or having double standards like most think, he pulled a dumb [BLEEP] move and dove in to the crowd and started assaulting someone who was not in the octagon. I know connor did that in the case of nate diaz but he didn't have people diving into the ring trying to fight the guy who last and he was also ATTEMPING( key word because he actually didn't succeed against diaz) to attack a ufc fighter. Khabib not only succeeded but he actually assaulted the guy. He wants to point out the bus incident but the two are drastically different. Not only did connor pay for his dumb [BLEEP] move, he did it in a place that was not going to put the NAC in jeopardy(also worth noting that that the bus stunt probably increased the purse size for khabib by bringing even more publicity to the fight, a purse he may not get to see). Whether they like/respect each other not, khabib would be a fool to not recognize that the platform he stands on is only as high as it is because of people like the guy he was up against. but I doubt a guy with the mental capacity of him can wrap his mind around stuff like this. Poor little guy got his feelings hurt and as a result it may cost him his career in the UFC. Aww did he something about your dad, shut the [BLEEP] up, you fought him and won, it's over you simple little chicken [BLEEP], walk away.

on the other hand, Derrick Lewis was flat out hilarious. That may have been the funniest post fight(or any sport) interview I have ever heard from a professional athlete.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-08-2018, 02:40 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: This one could get ugly for Khabib. After winning the fight to pull [BLEEP] like that is more than just stupid. He may lose his belt and his visa. I don't think it is the commission siding with anyone or having double standards like most think, he pulled a dumb [BLEEP] move and dove in to the crowd and started assaulting someone who was not in the octagon. I know connor did that in the case of nate diaz but he didn't have people diving into the ring trying to fight the guy who last and he was also ATTEMPING( key word because he actually didn't succeed against diaz) to attack a ufc fighter. Khabib not only succeeded but he actually assaulted the guy. He wants to point out the bus incident but the two are drastically different. Not only did connor pay for his dumb [BLEEP] move, he did it in a place that was not going to put the NAC in jeopardy(also worth noting that that the bus stunt probably increased the purse size for khabib by bringing even more publicity to the fight, a purse he may not get to see). Whether they like/respect each other not, khabib would be a fool to not recognize that the platform he stands on is only as high as it is because of people like the guy he was up against. but I doubt a guy with the mental capacity of him can wrap his mind around stuff like this. Poor little guy got his feelings hurt and as a result it may cost him his career in the UFC. Aww did he something about your dad, shut the [BLEEP] up, you fought him and won, it's over you simple little chicken [BLEEP], walk away.

on the other hand, Derrick Lewis was flat out hilarious. That may have been the funniest post fight(or any sport) interview I have ever heard from a professional athlete.

Conor McGregor stepped way over the line with his insults. You don't insult a man's family and you don't attack his religion. I hate trash talking and watching a grown man (McGregor) act like a child does nothing, but bring the sport down. What he did in NYC, by throwing the dolly through the bus, was 10 times worse than what khabib did. He flew his "gang" halfway across the world to attack a busload of innocent people. That is what I call terrorism. With that said, Khabib should've kept his cool after the match. It was wrong what he did, but in fairness he targeted one guy, Conor's coach and he did not use any weapons. He basically wanted to fight the guy, one on one. He didn't fling a heavy object into a crowded bus, where glass could fly into the face of innocent bystanders. That was Conor. As for what Khabib's team did to Conor in the ring, they should've been arrested. It wasn't their fight. It was Khabib's. Nurmagomedov had no control over their actions though. That was a separate incident. The only fair thing to do is give Khabib the same punishment Conor got when he started a riot, a slap on the wrist.

(10-08-2018, 06:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 02:40 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: This one could get ugly for Khabib. After winning the fight to pull [BLEEP] like that is more than just stupid. He may lose his belt and his visa. I don't think it is the commission siding with anyone or having double standards like most think, he pulled a dumb [BLEEP] move and dove in to the crowd and started assaulting someone who was not in the octagon. I know connor did that in the case of nate diaz but he didn't have people diving into the ring trying to fight the guy who last and he was also ATTEMPING( key word because he actually didn't succeed against diaz) to attack a ufc fighter. Khabib not only succeeded but he actually assaulted the guy. He wants to point out the bus incident but the two are drastically different. Not only did connor pay for his dumb [BLEEP] move, he did it in a place that was not going to put the NAC in jeopardy(also worth noting that that the bus stunt probably increased the purse size for khabib by bringing even more publicity to the fight, a purse he may not get to see). Whether they like/respect each other not, khabib would be a fool to not recognize that the platform he stands on is only as high as it is because of people like the guy he was up against. but I doubt a guy with the mental capacity of him can wrap his mind around stuff like this. Poor little guy got his feelings hurt and as a result it may cost him his career in the UFC. Aww did he something about your dad, shut the [BLEEP] up, you fought him and won, it's over you simple little chicken [BLEEP], walk away.

Conor McGregor stepped way over the line with his insults. You don't insult a man's family and you don't attack his religion. I hate trash talking and watching a grown man (McGregor) act like a child does nothing, but bring the sport down. What he did in NYC, by throwing the dolly through the bus, was 10 times worse than what khabib did. He flew his "gang" halfway across the world to attack a busload of innocent people. That is what I call terrorism. With that said, Khabib should've kept his cool after the match. It was wrong what he did, but in fairness he targeted one guy, Conor's coach and he did not use any weapons. He basically wanted to fight the guy, one on one. He didn't fling a heavy object into a crowded bus, where glass could fly into the face of innocent bystanders. That was Conor. As for what Khabib's team did to Conor in the ring, they should've been arrested. It wasn't their fight. It was Khabib's. Nurmagomedov had no control over their actions though. That was a separate incident. The only fair thing to do is give Khabib the same punishment Conor got when he started a riot, a slap on the wrist.
I understand what you are saying. I didn't condone what McGregor did, He was acting like a [BLEEP] idiot but that isn't anything new coming from him. terrorism? lol not quite, but it was reckless and he should have gotten a steeper punishment from a criminal angle. I was pointing out that what he did isn't going to jeopardize his career because the Nevada athletic commission doesn't really give a [BLEEP] what you do to bus of fighters in new York. But when you show your [BLEEP] at an event of 20,000 patrons that they sanction on their watch, yeah, you are about to get your [BLEEP] taken to the cleaners. Because in all reality, that commission is the group who sanctions the fights that give him his visa's to get over here. They blackball him and he gone. The reality about all of this absolutely sucks for some to here, but it is what it is. I don't give a [BLEEP] what someone says when talking [BLEEP], talk about family, blah,blah, (insert something someone will cry over here) is school yard [BLEEP] and, yes, say that to someone in bar and no one is going to say a word about what comes next but you got to look at it like you are an adult and a professional athlete and get the [BLEEP] over it. Whether he likes it or not he still competes under a brand, if someone can't get over some bull [BLEEP] talk and has to react like a drunk dude at a bar or a child on a playground then they are a weak as [BLEEP], both should Grow the [BLEEP] up. khabib fed the troll and gave into his little emotions and it damn well could cost him is career( fighting in the us at least) and in that connor may have actually got the better of this one.

(10-08-2018, 08:52 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 06:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Conor McGregor stepped way over the line with his insults. You don't insult a man's family and you don't attack his religion. I hate trash talking and watching a grown man (McGregor) act like a child does nothing, but bring the sport down. What he did in NYC, by throwing the dolly through the bus, was 10 times worse than what khabib did. He flew his "gang" halfway across the world to attack a busload of innocent people. That is what I call terrorism. With that said, Khabib should've kept his cool after the match. It was wrong what he did, but in fairness he targeted one guy, Conor's coach and he did not use any weapons. He basically wanted to fight the guy, one on one. He didn't fling a heavy object into a crowded bus, where glass could fly into the face of innocent bystanders. That was Conor. As for what Khabib's team did to Conor in the ring, they should've been arrested. It wasn't their fight. It was Khabib's. Nurmagomedov had no control over their actions though. That was a separate incident. The only fair thing to do is give Khabib the same punishment Conor got when he started a riot, a slap on the wrist.
I understand what you are saying. I didn't condone what McGregor did, He was acting like a [BLEEP] idiot but that isn't anything new coming from him. terrorism? lol not quite, but it was reckless and he should have gotten a steeper punishment from a criminal angle. I was pointing out that what he did isn't going to jeopardize his career because the Nevada athletic commission doesn't really give a [BLEEP] what you do to bus of fighters in new York. But when you show your [BLEEP] at an event of 20,000 patrons that they sanction on their watch, yeah, you are about to get your [BLEEP] taken to the cleaners. Because in all reality, that commission is the group who sanctions the fights that give him his visa's to get over here. They blackball him and he gone. The reality about all of this absolutely sucks for some to here, but it is what it is. I don't give a [BLEEP] what someone says when talking [BLEEP], talk about family, blah,blah, (insert something someone will cry over here) is school yard [BLEEP] and, yes, say that to someone in bar and no one is going to say a word about what comes next but you got to look at it like you are an adult and a professional athlete and get the [BLEEP] over it. Whether he likes it or not he still competes under a brand, if someone can't get over some bull [BLEEP] talk and has to react like a drunk dude at a bar or a child on a playground then they are a weak as [BLEEP], both should Grow the [BLEEP] up. khabib fed the troll and gave into his little emotions and it damn well could cost him is career( fighting in the us at least) and in that connor may have actually got the better of this one.

I understand what you are saying about the details of the NAC, but as far as trash talking, I totally disagree. It's immature, juvenile and makes the grown adults who throw around the insults, look like fools. I totally believe that certain subjects are off limits. In combat sports, it's competitor vs. competitor. Not competitor vs. family or competitor vs. religion or competitor vs. his opponents heritage. If you want to talk trash about you're opponent, so be it. Bringing up their family, religion or heritage is a complete low blow though. That has nothing to do with the fight. You also don't know what the other person's mental state is. You might be lighting the wick to a stick of dynamite. I know a lot of people that would react the exact same way Khabib did, if you insulted their family or their religion. It's not a matter of just "getting over it." You say, Khabib fed the troll, but he didn't. All those times Conor was spewing insults, Khabib sat there at the press conferences and stayed quiet and composed, but Conor kept going. It just built up as hatred in Khabib's heart and it spilled over. In my mind, there is no way you can punish one and not the other. Conor lit the powder keg and when it exploded, he should be held just as accountable, because he overstepped his boundaries. That is why I suspect, he didn't file criminal charges against Khabib's team when they jumped him in the ring. I believe he realized he set these actions in motion.

There’s already reports of Khabib most likely getting a 6-8 month suspension and a $250,000 fine. I doubt he’s stripped of his title and I also doubt that there’s a rematch with McGregor. I figure there will finally be a matchup with Ferguson right in time for the big summer event in July.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-08-2018, 10:11 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: There’s already reports of Khabib most likely getting a 6-8 month suspension and a $250,000 fine. I doubt he’s stripped of his title and I also doubt that there’s a rematch with McGregor. I figure there will finally be a matchup with Ferguson right in time for the big summer event in July.

If there were a re-match, Ferguson would throw a fit. By all rights, he should be next in line for a title shot and then Poirer after him.

It's a bit rich for Khabib to talk about respect and changng the sport for the better when he caused the most controversial event in the history of UFC events. You can't have it both ways.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2018, 12:05 AM by JagsorDie.)

(10-08-2018, 11:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 10:11 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: There’s already reports of Khabib most likely getting a 6-8 month suspension and a $250,000 fine. I doubt he’s stripped of his title and I also doubt that there’s a rematch with McGregor. I figure there will finally be a matchup with Ferguson right in time for the big summer event in July.

If there were a re-match, Ferguson would throw a fit. By all rights, he should be next in line for a title shot and then Poirer after him.

On this, we absolutely agree. 

Same note I would pay more to see tony and Connor stand up and bang before I would pay to watch khabib dry hump someone for 5 rounds. 

I also respect wrestling and think tony and khabib has to be the next fight and would be a shame for it not happen because it should be the clear inevitable fight if you take the fighters names and selling factors out of the equation. hopefully sanctions are not keeping him out for too long. 

As too what what said earlier, I agree none of it (massive [BLEEP] talking)has a place in this sport and nobody is left completely innocent. Imo (and all I was going into detail about) was that this may not matter to a commission who has this guy as a registered fighter in a event they sanctioned where he did something like this. For the sake of the sport I hope they do little to nothing, I just don't see it.

everything is speculation at this point.

this is a coming from dana white.

2 mil but he just takes a long vacation.

I think Conor beats Tony fairly easily but I also think Tony can beat Khabib.

I wonder do they have Tony Vs Conor next , winner gets the right to fight Khabib after his suspension.

(10-09-2018, 12:24 AM)JackCity Wrote: I think Conor beats Tony fairly easily but I also think Tony can beat Khabib.

I wonder do they have Tony Vs Conor next , winner gets the right to fight Khabib after his suspension.

this is why the octagon is so interesting. I would like to see Conor v tony before what a lot of the suggestions in the media of a Conor v Diaz fight imo.

(10-09-2018, 12:01 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 11:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If there were a re-match, Ferguson would throw a fit. By all rights, he should be next in line for a title shot and then Poirer after him.

On this, we absolutely agree. 

Same note I would pay more to see tony and Connor stand up and bang before I would pay to watch khabib dry hump someone for 5 rounds. 

I also respect wrestling and think tony and khabib has to be the next fight and would be a shame for it not happen because it should be the clear inevitable fight if you take the fighters names and selling factors out of the equation. hopefully  sanctions are not keeping him out for too long. 

As too what what said earlier, I agree none of it (massive [BLEEP] talking)has a place in this sport and nobody is left completely innocent. Imo (and all I was going into detail about) was that this may not matter to a commission who has this guy as a registered fighter in a event they sanctioned where he did something like this. For the sake of the sport I hope they do little to nothing, I just don't see it.

I don't wanna watch Conor ever fight again, the only reason I watched this fight was because of Khabib. If they did fight though, Tony would probably submit Conor as well. His ground game sucks.

Does anyone else think it's a bit unfair that the UFC announced a title bout between Derrick Lewis and Daniel Cormier for UFC 230? That's just a little over a month away and Lewis took a beating for 3 rounds and appeared to suffer an eye injury on Saturday. He even said after the fight that he didn't want a title shot anytime soon and needed to work on his cardio. Now, he only has 6 weeks to turn it around. It seems to me, they are setting him up to be knocked out quickly. If this fight goes down, I'm saying Cormier finishes him halfway through round 1.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2018, 02:36 AM by JackCity.)

(10-09-2018, 01:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 12:01 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: On this, we absolutely agree. 

I also respect wrestling and think tony and khabib has to be the next fight and would be a shame for it not happen because it should be the clear inevitable fight if you take the fighters names and selling factors out of the equation. hopefully  sanctions are not keeping him out for too long. 

I don't wanna watch Conor ever fight again, the only reason I watched this fight was because of Khabib. If they did fight though, Tony would probably submit Conor as well. His ground game sucks.
Oh come off that , you wouldn't watch Conor-Diaz 3? Or Conor Vs Tony?

(10-09-2018, 01:20 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 12:24 AM)JackCity Wrote: I think Conor beats Tony fairly easily but I also think Tony can beat Khabib.

this is why the octagon is so interesting. I would like to see Conor v tony before what a lot of the suggestions in the media of a Conor v Diaz fight imo.
Me too. Tony is crazy enough to stand and bang with him too. I think he gets hit too much by everyone to survive Conor in the first two rounds

(10-10-2018, 02:35 AM)You JackCity Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 01:20 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: this is why the octagon is so interesting. I would like to see Conor v tony before what a lot of the suggestions in the media of a Conor v Diaz fight imo.
Me too. Tony is crazy enough to stand and bang with him too. I think he gets hit too much by everyone to survive Conor in the first two rounds
That's why I like tony. He will bang with someone and make a entertaining fight to watch. I respect bbj and wrestling and ground game styles. But personally I like seeing people bang it out and win early by knock out not submission after a dry humpfest.

(10-14-2018, 04:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/10...9564363776

Sadly he didn’t rub off some of his losing mojo on the Cowboys today.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 01:11 AM by Eye of the Storm.)

So Nunes KOs Cyborg in the 1st. Is Nunes now the woman’s GOAT in MMA?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(12-30-2018, 01:10 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: So Nunes KOs Cyborg in the 1st. Is Nunes now the woman’s GOAT in MMA?

Terrible results. Jon "Juicehead" Jones gets away with juicing again and gets rewarded with a title and Amanda Nunes KO's Cyborg. Results couldn't have been worse. I hate Jones and Nunes.

(12-30-2018, 01:10 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: So Nunes KOs Cyborg in the 1st. Is Nunes now the woman’s GOAT in MMA?

Yep she's easily the GOAT. Nobodies resume comes close