Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UFC/MMA Thread

(12-30-2018, 08:15 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 01:10 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: So Nunes KOs Cyborg in the 1st. Is Nunes now the woman’s GOAT in MMA?

Yep she's easily the GOAT. Nobodies resume comes close

Agreed. KOs Rousey AND Cyborg in the 1st? First woman’s double title holder, plus all of her other wins against top competitors and it’s really not even close. Dynamite in her hands and a beast on the mat, she’s going to be a tough out for the foreseeable future.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Some rumours going around that McGregor is the mystery celebrity in a high profile rape case atm...

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 01:35 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-27-2019, 04:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: Some rumours going around that McGregor is the mystery celebrity in a high profile rape case atm...

Haven't heard about that one. I heard other rumors that soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo was facing some accusations though.

I watched Ryan Bader knock the snot out of Fedor last night. Bader steam rolled through that Bellator tournament like it was nothing. The UFC needs to get him back and make a match between him and Cormier before Cormier retires. That's the only heavyweight fight I wanna see.

McGregor wears size medium tshirts. Shrimp

Time to make Masvidal vs McGregor

(01-19-2020, 09:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Time to make Masvidal vs McGregor

I’d be down for that. Justin Gaethje would also be an excellent fight.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

They both be great bouts. Conor wins either one also

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2020, 09:56 PM by JagsorDie.)

Anyone else buying the narrative that cowboy took a dive. I read about it pre fight and thought no way. But after watching fight, it’s hard to believe a guy like cowboy didn’t land one strike.

UFC would have suffered a little Mcgregor fell in his first fight back in over a year. I didn’t think cowboy was going to win, but that fight was awful.

I don’t think it was. But it also would surprise me if it came out that it was fixed.

(01-21-2020, 03:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: They both be great bouts. Conor wins either one also

Lol, that is funny

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 08:49 AM by JackCity.)

(01-21-2020, 10:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 03:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: They both be great bouts. Conor wins either one also

Lol, that is funny

Both guys get touched too much to be able to cope. Very good matchups for him and will be favourite for both

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2020, 12:02 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-22-2020, 08:46 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 10:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, that is funny

Both guys get touched too much to be able to cope. Very good matchups for him and will be favourite for both

McGregor is already listed as an underdog against Masvidal.  He definitely wouldn't be favored in that fight.  McGregor had hell with Diaz on the feet.

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/conor...-masvidal/

Masvidal might win that fight by murder. Conor dont want to fight Gamebred

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/23/21...t-with-him

(01-23-2020, 11:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 08:46 AM)JackCity Wrote: Both guys get touched too much to be able to cope. Very good matchups for him and will be favourite for both

McGregor is already listed as an underdog against Masvidal.  He definitely wouldn't be favored in that fight.  McGregor had hell with Diaz on the feet.  

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/conor...-masvidal/

Masvidal might win that fight by murder.  Conor dont want to fight Gamebred

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/23/21...t-with-him

Conor clearly outboxed Nate the 2nd fight and won the first round of the first one. So I don't know how he gave him hell. 

Also that's a surprise. Gaethje and Usman both as expected odds wise

I was sad to see my favorite fighter (Khabib) retire, but I kinda expected it. His father was everything to him and without him in his corner, fighting isn't the same for him. He made a promise to his mother and he is such an honorable man, I expect his retirement to stick. I just feel privileged that I got to see and be a fan of the greatest pound for pound fighter to ever enter the octagon.

Gaethje showed real class after the loss. I will be rooting for him to become the new champion of the vacated title. A Poirier/Gaethje rematch would be a huge fight that I'd love to see for the title.

Conor McGregor gets knocked out by Poirier. I'm so happy.

(01-24-2021, 03:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Conor McGregor gets knocked out by Poirier. I'm so happy.

Same.

Glad Poirier won in that manner, he deserves all of the credit. Nobody gave him a shot at all and Meatball Dana was completely overlooking Dustin when he was begging Khabib to come back thinking of the PPV pull for another fight with Conor.

Heavyweight strap is on the line this Saturday. Anyone gonna watch? I got Stipe winning a 5 round decision once again.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(03-25-2021, 05:04 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Heavyweight strap is on the line this Saturday. Anyone gonna watch? I got Stipe winning a 5 round decision once again.

Ngannou looks simply unbeatable in some fights, but in big fights that go the distance, he seems to run out of gas. If Stipe avoids the big punch from Ngannou and it goes the full 5 rounds, he retains the championship. Ngannou needs a knockout to win.

(03-25-2021, 05:04 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Heavyweight strap is on the line this Saturday. Anyone gonna watch? I got Stipe winning a 5 round decision once again.

Ouch.

A calm and calculated Ngannou is terrifying. I think him learning to slow things down in the cage makes him simply unbeatable in the future.

(03-28-2021, 12:36 AM)enigma Wrote:

Ouch.

A calm and calculated Ngannou is terrifying. I think him learning to slow things down in the cage makes him simply unbeatable in the future.

Ngannou did what he had to do to win. Stipe coming in 30 pounds lighter was a big disadvantage and it showed on the take down attempt. Hats off to the champ for the proper evolution it took to win the gold. He’s got 2 killers waiting at his doorstep. HW division is going to be fun for a while.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(03-28-2021, 10:14 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 12:36 AM)enigma Wrote: Ouch.

Ngannou did what he had to do to win. Stipe coming in 30 pounds lighter was a big disadvantage and it showed on the take down attempt. Hats off to the champ for the proper evolution it took to win the gold. He’s got 2 killers waiting at his doorstep. HW division is going to be fun for a while.

Meh. Congrats to him. He is an easy guy to pull against and I have fallen into that trap unfortunately. I hope he gets his face beat in soon but for now I’ll congratulate him lol. I have never been on the Jon Jones bandwagon even though I recognize how incredibly talented and successful he has been. That has changed lol, I’ll be pulling for Bonsy to iron his bs with white out and get back into the ring with franny for the HW title. Man I hope he doesn’t stop now and knocks Ngannou the [BLEEP] out. 

Anyway happy heavyweight is back on the map. Should keep things interesting.