Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How many posters on your Ignore List?

Mine is down to 2 now (including JaguarWoman who doesn't really count) since I removed Jagsfan32277 just now. I'm curious if anybody has more than a few.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

None. There used to be a couple on there on the old board, but I don’t even remember who they were.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I block everybody. it makes for a nice, clean, board.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Who started this thread? I only see replies.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

2... but I wish it really blocked them.
I don't even want to see the option to view their posts.
And I don't wanna see them quoted either lol

Blocking is silly unless you are being harassed by the person. It just makes it difficult on yourself to follow certain threads where the person is involved imo. Just don't ever engage them or respond to them if someone bothers you that much. I've blocked people before and come close to blocking again at times, don't get me wrong. I completely understand the temptation, but then I remember how annoying it is following threads where the person is active.

This user is on your blocked list.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I make good use of the feature  Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2018, 02:20 PM by imtheblkranger.)

None currently since they were perma banned.

(10-09-2018, 10:20 AM)Kane Wrote: 2... but I wish it really blocked them.
I don't even want to see the option to view their posts.
And I don't wanna see them quoted either lol

Dude I agree. Just clear them and everything affiliated with them out completely like they dont exist

Years ago I used to ignore a few posters for a few months at a time. Don't bother anymore since I sometimes try to keep the more inane knuckleheads from going full-on-bonkers. Hard to do that if they're blocked.

I'd probably have two or three on ignore otherwise.

0 for me. Never have, probably never will. Even in the Jdud days, it was annoying but entertainment at the same time. Which is pretty much why I use the board. I mainly am here for updates and news on the Jags. But I have fun reading the discussions and bs ing in the sidelines. Nothing to take too seriously imo. Sure We may not agree with others and I know I’ll occasionally say some things I probably shouldn’t as well as others do too. Everyone (for the most part) is likeable in their own way if you read enough of the posts and get a feel for who they are. There’s a bunch I can’t stand in the political section but they’re cool on the Jaguars area. After all the team is why we are all here so we got that in common I suppose.

I never have and never will block anyone.  Since I became an Admin I don't think I actually have that option anyway.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I’ve never even considered it. However, it does explain why no one ever replies to me.

(10-09-2018, 07:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve never even considered it. However, it does explain why no one ever replies to me.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I've never had anybody on any board I've been a part of on ignore. If there's a post I don't care to read, I just skip it. And on this board, there's hardly anybody I do that to.

Just myself. I'm thinking about unblocking me though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I don't block anyone, speak your mind no matter how little you have to say.

(10-09-2018, 06:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I never have and never will block anyone.  Since I became an Admin I don't think I actually have that option anyway.

You don't.  

I've never blocked anyone.  They usually end up blocking themselves by getting banned.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I don't have anyone blocked on my list. I have a Luke Joeckel policy. Can't block anybody. Just not in my nature.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."