Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hurricane Michael

(10-12-2018, 06:06 PM)PF* Wrote: I sent him a PM. He may not have computer access/electricity, etc.

I did the same actually

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-12-2018, 08:28 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 11:02 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I didn't think NC was so affected by hurricanes. I've now have two more direct hits from storms here than I ever did living in FL. The FL one was Floyd back in '99.

I'll take my blizzards all day every day over hurricanes.

It's weird, I'd LOVE to sit through a strong hurricane if I knew I was perfectly safe. Strong storms are an awesome experience, but I don't want to worry about my roof blowing off.

Truth.

(10-10-2018, 02:04 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 09:24 AM)TJBender Wrote: Stay safe and stay as far above ground as you can. I'm over here in Tallahassee, looks like we'll dodge the worst of it but still get some dangerous winds and flooding out of it.

My niece and her husband live in Tallahassee, they are expecting 6 - 8" of rain. They have plenty of beer, ice and sandbags. Stay safe!

Weirdest dang storm, there was virtually no rain, whatsoever (in TLH). Our youngest napped through the worst of the wind, we dodged the bullet this time around.  Wasn't as lucky with Hermine.  Neighbor took a tree to the living room, but they were out of town, thankfully.  I warned the neighbor two doors down that they are next.

We went 5+ days without power, otherwise no complaints.

Phone is getting service again, family is alive and well. Damage is extensive everywhere. We lost siding, skirting, and parts of roof.

My job is paying me and to run a chain saw and tarping crew and we are clearing and tarping co-workers homes. Some of the things I've seen bring tears to eyes.

Thanks for the well wishes and PMs, it is heart lifting.

I heard from MyBloodisTeal via PM, they are alive but the house is "wrecked".
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-20-2018, 07:40 AM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: Phone is getting service again, family is alive and well.  Damage is extensive everywhere.  We lost siding, skirting, and parts of roof.

My job is paying me and to run a chain saw and tarping crew and we are clearing and tarping co-workers homes.  Some of the things I've seen bring tears to eyes.

Glad to hear you are ok. Damage can be fixed, at least you guys are safe.

(10-20-2018, 07:40 AM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: Phone is getting service again, family is alive and well.  Damage is extensive everywhere.  We lost siding, skirting, and parts of roof.

My job is paying me and to run a chain saw and tarping crew and we are clearing and tarping co-workers homes.  Some of the things I've seen bring tears to eyes.

Glad it wasn't any worse for you - and glad you can still earn while helping folks!