Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kanye West

(10-13-2018, 05:24 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I've never heard anyone mention black entrepreneurship prior to this random stat. Was it even followed before?

If a person can't get a job so becomes a sole trader would that count to this stat?

Either way I don't see what Trump could have done that suddenly made 400percent increase in business ideas.

...  Wow....  Just wow

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-13-2018, 06:50 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 05:24 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I've never heard anyone mention black entrepreneurship prior to this random stat. Was it even followed before?

If a person can't get a job so becomes a sole trader would that count to this stat?

Either way I don't see what Trump could have done that suddenly made 400percent increase in business ideas.

...  Wow....  Just wow

He lives in Australia, we need to cut him some slack.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Didn't kanya say he hates white people before?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

That is the thing the leftist mentality does not understand.  He did nothing to specifically help black entrepreneurship.  What he has done is loosen up regulations for everyone, thus allowing everyone to benefit.  No special privilege required.  Imagine that?

For the record I seriously doubt the 400% increase though I do not doubt that there was a significant increase for every race, creed and color.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2018, 09:02 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(10-12-2018, 01:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 11:08 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This. But I think you're wrong about his credibility among the young black folks. He has plenty there....or he did. I guess now he'll get called Uncle Tom like Ben Carson did when he was running for POTUS.

He had credibility, until he called for the abolishment of the 13th amendment. Now, he might be the most hated man in the black community. He needs to get back on his meds, before he does any more damage to his reputation. Personally, I hate the guy and his wife, so I love watching him "burn his own house down." I hope he keeps riding the "crazy train."

That actually increases his credibility. I understand you wouldn't know this, but in the poor/conspiracy minded community (which includes many black people) its well know that the only way slavery is legal still is through incarceration (which is allowed via the 13th amendment). And who gets incarcerated the most? Poor young black men. 1/4 in fact. So I think the community is well aware of what Kanye really wanted. And he clarified later.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-13-2018, 08:09 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Didn't kanya say he hates white people before?

I had never heard that, but former basketball player, Charles Barkley said that exact same thing several years back. Ironically, he was married to white woman at the time and had biracial children. Not a smart thing to say, given his situation.

(10-13-2018, 08:09 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Didn't kanya say he hates white people before?

After Katrina he said George Bush didn’t care for black people. That made him a darling of the left. Now they say he’s mentally unbalanced. Go figure

(10-13-2018, 09:02 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 01:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He had credibility, until he called for the abolishment of the 13th amendment. Now, he might be the most hated man in the black community. He needs to get back on his meds, before he does any more damage to his reputation. Personally, I hate the guy and his wife, so I love watching him "burn his own house down." I hope he keeps riding the "crazy train."

That actually increases his credibility. I understand you wouldn't know this, but in the poor/conspiracy minded community (which includes many black people) its well know that the only way slavery is legal still is through incarceration (which is allowed via the 13th amendment). And who gets incarcerated the most? Poor young black men. 1/4 in fact. So I think the community is well aware of what Kanye really wanted. And he clarified later.

Yeh....  I knew exactly what he was talking about when I heard it and every media person should have known.

(10-13-2018, 08:49 PM)copycat Wrote:

That is the thing the leftist mentality does not understand.  He did nothing to specifically help black entrepreneurship.  What he has done is loosen up regulations for everyone, thus allowing everyone to benefit.  No special privilege required.  Imagine that?

For the record I seriously doubt the 400% increase though I do not doubt that there was a significant increase for every race, creed and color.

What regulations has he loosened up though?
Or you saying tax cuts have had a dramatic impact.

I've seen these sort of numbers of increased business activity supposedly and reduced unemployment and it was due to people working casually as contractors being counted which was more about casualisation of the workforce which is bad for people and most were massively underemployed.

(10-13-2018, 09:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

After Katrina he said George Bush didn’t care for black people. That made him a darling of the left. Now they say he’s mentally unbalanced. Go figure

What are you talking about? That didn't make him anyone's "darling". People just expected that kind of crap from Kanye, because he said stuff like that all the time. He has never had a  filter. He's always been a little odd, but now his "crazy train" has jumped the tracks and it's headed off the side of a cliff.

(10-13-2018, 10:16 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 08:49 PM)copycat Wrote: That is the thing the leftist mentality does not understand.  He did nothing to specifically help black entrepreneurship.  What he has done is loosen up regulations for everyone, thus allowing everyone to benefit.  No special privilege required.  Imagine that?

I've seen these sort of numbers of increased business activity supposedly and reduced unemployment and it was due to people working casually as contractors being counted which was more about casualisation of the workforce which is bad for people and most were massively underemployed.

Here you go, enjoy the read!

Non-exhaustive list of Trump's Deregulation Activities
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-13-2018, 10:16 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 08:49 PM)copycat Wrote: That is the thing the leftist mentality does not understand.  He did nothing to specifically help black entrepreneurship.  What he has done is loosen up regulations for everyone, thus allowing everyone to benefit.  No special privilege required.  Imagine that?

Strongest wage numbers in over a decade aren't because people took up part time landscapping

Probably counting people driving uber/uber eats etc.

(10-13-2018, 09:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I had never heard that, but former basketball player, Charles Barkley said that exact same thing several years back. Ironically, he was married to white woman at the time and had biracial children. Not a smart thing to say, given his situation.

Really I never got that vibe from Barkley. Maybe I'm mixing up something I thought it was around the time Jamie fix joked about killing all the white people on SNL gig. L
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(10-14-2018, 03:11 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Probably counting people driving uber/uber eats etc.

Those are employees, not businesses. Sounds like you're looking for any straw to grasp in discounting the roar of the Trump Economy.

(10-14-2018, 03:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 03:11 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Probably counting people driving uber/uber eats etc.

Those are employees, not businesses. Sounds like you're looking for any straw to grasp in discounting the roar of the Trump Economy.

Thought the whole uber model was making them contractors when really they are treated like flexible employees

(10-14-2018, 09:53 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 03:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Those are employees, not businesses. Sounds like you're looking for any straw to grasp in discounting the roar of the Trump Economy.

Thought the whole uber model was making them contractors when really they are treated like flexible employees

Contract employees are still employees.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2018, 10:44 PM by lastonealive.)

not independent contractors.

Uber don't like them being employees...

(10-14-2018, 10:43 PM)lastonealive Wrote: not independent contractors.

Let's call them entrepreneurs...

May help twist some stats

Let's call them entrepreneurs...

May help twist some stats

Whatever helps you sleep.

(10-13-2018, 09:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

This. I believe it was because of the slow response of FEMA.
It was a crazy statement.
But he wasn't crazy until he donned a red MAGA hat