Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's not Pocahontas

(10-18-2018, 02:02 PM)The Real Joker2 Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 01:59 PM)mikesez Wrote: 1) I did answer your question.  As worded, your question invites equivocation.  Genetically, she is part native American.  As a matter of identity, she is not at all native American. Warren in her life has, intentionally or not, equivocated in the same was your question equivocates, between genetics and identity.  I get that the answer is not satisfying to you because it's not a simple yes or no.

2) I don't think most white Americans have a native ancestor.  Most white Americans immigrated after 1840 and there was much less intermarriage (and many fewer natives remaining to marry) after that time.
Do you acknowledge that the DNA professional stated that he used Columbian, Peruvian and Mexican DNA in place of Native American? Yes or No?

Or are you going to keep pretending you don't see that?

I acknowledge that.
I don't think it matters.  "Native American" means all of the Americas.  There is no reason to doubt that the Cherokee had those markers 150-200 years ago.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2018, 03:18 PM by The Real Joker2.)

(10-18-2018, 02:45 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 02:02 PM)The Real Joker2 Wrote: Do you acknowledge that the DNA professional stated that he used Columbian, Peruvian and Mexican DNA in place of Native American? Yes or No?

I acknowledge that.
I don't think it matters.  "Native American" means all of the Americas.  There is no reason to doubt that the Cherokee had those markers 150-200 years ago.

It does matter those DNA types could be from Spain. Heck even the Cherokee nations Secretary of State stated that she was wrong. They only allow those that are at least 1/16th Cherokee to claim that they are Cherokee. That is a fact. He also stated the DNA test is not appropriate given the Cherokee nation hasn't provided its own samples. This IS a reason to doubt that the Cherokee had the markers she claimed! she is somewhere between 0.9% and 1.6% Mexican/Columbian/Peruvian. Not Native American. It could be possible but that doesn't make it factual.

(10-18-2018, 03:09 PM)The Real Joker2 Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 02:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: I acknowledge that.

It does matter those DNA types could be from Spain. Heck even the Cherokee nations Secretary of State stated that she was wrong. They only allow those that are at least 1/16th Cherokee to claim that they are Cherokee. That is a fact. He also stated the DNA test is not appropriate given the Cherokee nation hasn't provided its own samples. This IS a reason to doubt that the Cherokee had the markers she claimed!  she is somewhere between 0.9% and 1.6% Mexican/Columbian/Peruvian. Not Native American.

Again, this is equivocation. She never tried to register with the tribe.  She may not have known the 1/16th requirement that the tribe enforces for membership. It was not relevant to her claim.  She simply said she had an ancestor who was either Cherokee or Delaware.

No, she definitely claimed SHE was a Cherokee. In the Pow Wow Chow cookbook she lists each recipe as being authored by "Elizabeth Warren - Cherokee".

BTW, she also stole the recipes. The woman is a disgusting fraud.

[Image: LxlnGsl.jpg]

(10-18-2018, 02:45 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 02:02 PM)The Real Joker2 Wrote: Do you acknowledge that the DNA professional stated that he used Columbian, Peruvian and Mexican DNA in place of Native American? Yes or No?

I acknowledge that.

Who needs the nutmeg now brother....

Bad math? Meme smith.... Mean vs. Median... Really? LOOK AT THE WOMAN FOR GOSH SAKE....

#MAGA

(10-18-2018, 03:17 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 03:09 PM)The Real Joker2 Wrote: It does matter those DNA types could be from Spain. Heck even the Cherokee nations Secretary of State stated that she was wrong. They only allow those that are at least 1/16th Cherokee to claim that they are Cherokee. That is a fact. He also stated the DNA test is not appropriate given the Cherokee nation hasn't provided its own samples. This IS a reason to doubt that the Cherokee had the markers she claimed!  she is somewhere between 0.9% and 1.6% Mexican/Columbian/Peruvian. Not Native American.

Again, this is equivocation. She never tried to register with the tribe.  She may not have known the 1/16th requirement that the tribe enforces for membership. It was not relevant to her claim.  She simply said she had an ancestor who was either Cherokee or Delaware.

I guess all those actual Native American Nations are just overreacting then. Cultural Appropriation only matters for Conservatives after all.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-18-2018, 11:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 03:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: Again, this is equivocation. She never tried to register with the tribe.  She may not have known the 1/16th requirement that the tribe enforces for membership. It was not relevant to her claim.  She simply said she had an ancestor who was either Cherokee or Delaware.

I guess all those actual Native American Nations are just overreacting then. Cultural Appropriation only matters for Conservatives after all.

You're replying to the wrong person with that.  "Cultural appropriation" usually doesnt matter.  It's an imitation that is almost always done with the intent of flattery. As long as you're not dressing up as another group with the intent of making fun of them, it's not an issue.

(10-19-2018, 06:53 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 11:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I guess all those actual Native American Nations are just overreacting then. Cultural Appropriation only matters for Conservatives after all.

You're replying to the wrong person with that.  "Cultural appropriation" usually doesnt matter.  It's an imitation that is almost always done with the intent of flattery. As long as you're not dressing up as another group with the intent of making fun of them, it's not an issue.

Oh my, you've outdone yourself with those mental gymnastics this time. Bravo indeed!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

And "stolen valor" is just a way to honor the military in Mike's world.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 11:07 AM by mikesez.)

(10-19-2018, 09:05 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: And "stolen valor" is just a way to honor the military in Mike's world.

Nope.  Claiming to have served when you have not served is despicable and nothing like cultural appropriation.  Being a military veteran is not a culture.

(10-19-2018, 07:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 06:53 AM)mikesez Wrote: You're replying to the wrong person with that.  "Cultural appropriation" usually doesnt matter.  It's an imitation that is almost always done with the intent of flattery. As long as you're not dressing up as another group with the intent of making fun of them, it's not an issue.

Oh my, you've outdone yourself with those mental gymnastics this time. Bravo indeed!

I don't understand.  What do you think about cultural appropriation?  can the white girl wear a chinese style dress to prom?

(10-19-2018, 11:06 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 09:05 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: And "stolen valor" is just a way to honor the military in Mike's world.

Nope.  Claiming to have served when you have not served is despicable and nothing like cultural appropriation.  Being a military veteran is not a culture.

(10-19-2018, 07:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh my, you've outdone yourself with those mental gymnastics this time. Bravo indeed!

I don't understand.  What do you think about cultural appropriation?  can the white girl wear a chinese style dress to prom?

Of course she can, but the left doesn't agree. You know this, you're just talking yourself out of the dissonance in your head.

[Image: warren%20-%20polar%20bear.jpg]

(10-19-2018, 12:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 11:06 AM)mikesez Wrote: Nope.  Claiming to have served when you have not served is despicable and nothing like cultural appropriation.  Being a military veteran is not a culture.

Of course she can, but the left doesn't agree. You know this, you're just talking yourself out of the dissonance in your head.

... I'm not "the left".  The dissonance is in your head, not mine.

(10-19-2018, 02:36 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 12:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Of course she can, but the left doesn't agree. You know this, you're just talking yourself out of the dissonance in your head.

... I'm not "the left".  The dissonance is in your head, not mine.

YYSSW.

(10-19-2018, 11:06 AM)mikesez Wrote:

(10-19-2018, 07:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh my, you've outdone yourself with those mental gymnastics this time. Bravo indeed!

You have obviously never served.  You spout many things on many subjects using big words and high minded principles but clearly on this subject you are a mental midget.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-19-2018, 08:17 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 11:06 AM)mikesez Wrote: Nope.  Claiming to have served when you have not served is despicable and nothing like cultural appropriation.  Being a military veteran is not a culture.

You have obviously never served.  You spout many things on many subjects using big words and high minded principles but clearly on this subject you are a mental midget.

I know enough to know that pretending to have served in the military is wrong, but girls can wear chinese dresses they want.   Apparently Byron thinks that one goes with the other.  It doesn't.  Do you disagree?

(10-19-2018, 09:14 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 08:17 PM)copycat Wrote: You have obviously never served.  You spout many things on many subjects using big words and high minded principles but clearly on this subject you are a mental midget.

I know enough to know that pretending to have served in the military is wrong, but girls can wear chinese dresses they want.   Apparently Byron thinks that one goes with the other.  It doesn't.  Do you disagree?

All those nights you've spent at the VFW are really paying off big time.

And now the Loony Left is calling the Cherokee Nation racist for refusing Lieawatha's claim. A black woman defending a white woman for stealing Native heritage, everything is racism to these fools. I cant wait for Mikie to step up and tell us why she is right and the Right is to blame.