Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 7

13-8 on season

Colts
Chargers
Jags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

10-10 on the season
Picks this week:
bolts
clots
tinhorns
Jaguars Fundamentalist

7-14 on the season

Chargers
Bills
Jaguars

My bad. Scratch the Titans Chargers pick. I honestly thought the game came on at 10:30 ET  Angry

(10-21-2018, 09:23 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: 10-10 on the season
Picks this week:
bolts
clots
tinhorns

3-0 this week 
13-10 this season
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-21-2018, 07:57 AM)Jags Wrote: 13-8 on season

Colts
Chargers
Jags

2-1

15-9 overall

(10-18-2018, 06:27 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: This week I am thinking...

Chargers whoop the tacks
Colts beat the helpless Bills like a broken table
Jags somehow beat the Texans, cause David Carr is no longer the QB.

last week 3-1
Overall 9-8

2-1 in the worse way possible, once again. I think I am done picking the jags for a while. The Injuries appear to have sunk this ship.
11-9

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

3-0, could see the Jags game coming a mile away. I think that makes me 13-11 now.

(10-18-2018, 04:16 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: Colts over Bills
Chargers over Titans
Texans over Jaguars

1-3 last week, 11-10 overall.

3-0 this week.  My choices involving Jags games just got easier for the rest of the season.

14-10 overall.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

12-12.
Jags let me down
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(10-19-2018, 04:23 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 10-11 overall. this weeks winners will be 

Chargers

Jags

Colts

2-1 this week.

12-12 overall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-18-2018, 12:43 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Chargers
Colts
Jags

13-8 overall

2-1

15-9 overall

(10-17-2018, 08:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The good news for me is that I actually had a respectable week picking, going 3-1.

The bad news?

My Jaguars did NOT have a respectable week playing, losing 40-7.  Boy did the national talking heads have a blast at the loss.  But the more important and improbable aftermath wound up being a 3 way tie atop the division with the tacks, Texans and Jaguars sitting at 3-3.

Anyway, I'll keep this into short and get on with the picks.

tacks (3-3) vs Chargers (4-2)-this game would ordinarily be tough for the tacks, because the Chargers are a talented team and a trip to the far west coast is typically tough for a team coming from the East Coast.  However, travel for both teams will make the game tough, because the game is being played in London.  The tacks are coming off of a putrid performance against the Ravens, where Mariota was sacked ELEVEN (11) times, and the tack offense was shut out at home 21-0.  It doesn't get any easier for the tacks, because the Chargers can rush the passer, even though Bosa is still out with a foot injury.  The Chargers can also move the ball offensively.  Question:  Now that Khan has withdrawn his bid to buy Wembley Stadium, and the league met to discuss problems in Los Angeles for the Chargers, will the media hacks connect the dots and speculate the bolts will move to London?  of course not!  Why do I ask?  Chargers 28, tacks 20.

Bills (2-4) at Colts (1-5)-The Bills are not exactly an offensive juggernaut, and that was before they lost starting QB rookie Josh Allen with an elbow injury this week.  At least they would get a  more experienced guy behind C, right?  That may not be a good thing.  They had to choose between perhaps the biggest INT machine the league has ever seen in Nathan Peterman, who lost the Texans game last week by throwing a last minute pick 6 in a 20-13 loss, and Anderson, who was just signed last week.  The Bills, who have no OL and no WRs, chose Anderson.  However, the Bills DO have a pretty good defense that will make things hard on Luck and the Colts' offense.  Can the Colts' defense have any success against the Bills offense?  I don't think they will have enough.  Bills win 20-17.

Texans (3-3) at Jaguars (3-3)-the defending AFC South champion Jaguars return home after a disastrous 2 game road trip that saw them out scored by a combined 70-21.  What in the world has happened to the defense?  I could see having a hiccup against an insanely explosive offense like the Chiefs.  But Dallas was struggling to much offensively, there was open speculation-not murmurings-about Jason Garrett's job security.  The defensive struggles are not explained fully by the offensive injury issues.  Houston's offensive line is still a sieve, and a notch or two below the lines in Dallas and Kansas City.  Watson got sacked seven (7) times at home last week and has played with a collapsed lung.  While Houston can rush the passer and Watt seems to be returning to past form, Jacksonville is the more desperate team, and has a lot to prove after the past two weeks.  Jaguars win 23-13.

Last week:  3-1
Overall:  9-12
This week:  1-2-Should have stuck with my gut and picked the Colts.

Overall:  10-14.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-18-2018, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: 10-11 on the season. Extremely mediocre.

Chargers
Colts
Jags
2-1

12-12 on the season.

2-1

14-10 on the season.

Gotta get my picks in WAY too early for the next two weeks. I leave to go watch this dumpster fire in London this Thursday and won't be back until Nov 5. So...

Week 8

Dolphins (wishful thinking)
Eagles (no way I am picking the Jags here... sigh)
Raiders.

Week 9
Texans
Cowboys

(10-18-2018, 12:46 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 3-1 last week
8-13 overall

Colts over Bills
Titans over Chargers
Jaguars over Texans

1-2 this week 
9-15 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(10-18-2018, 11:20 AM)scottyg Wrote: 2-2 last week.

14-7 for the year.

Is everyone picking the Colts?  I guess I'll take the Bills just to be contrary.  I wouldn't be surprised if they have as many turnovers as points though.
Bills
Chargers
Jags

5 points, 5 turnovers.  How good am I??  Good enough to pick the other team anyway.  lol

1-2 this week.
15-9 for the season.

0-2

7-16 on the season

(10-18-2018, 01:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 11-10
bolts
colts
Jags
2-1 

13-11 overall

(10-17-2018, 09:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I just put in my picks in my "real" football pool this week and thought that I would see if this thread had been created yet (thanks Bullseye).

Colts - They're looking decent while the Bills are a mess.
Chargers - Too good for a team that is so bad (the tacks) that they have no business being 3-3 right now.
Jaguars - They will bounce back in front of a home audience and turn every negative thread around.  Expect some surprises.

2-1 this past week
14-10 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.