Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike McCoy fired

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: usa_today_9768210.0.jpg]

wow

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25024...mike-mccoy

Good for him.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Honestly I hope he takes this opportunity and runs with it. I love seeing any former player of ours succeeding at any level or capacity. This is awesome news.

I am curious to see how he'll call this offense with Rosen. Apart of me wants to think this dude will be calling long shot after long shot after long shot out of the gun on offense for the hell of it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I really hope he does well. I still think without the injuries he would have been pretty good in the league. Probably my favorite College QB ever.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 03:05 PM by Brett.)

I feel old. I can say I watched Leftwich as the QB for my team and now he is the OC for an NFL team. Crazy.

(10-19-2018, 03:05 PM)Brett Wrote: I feel old. I can say I watched Leftwich as the QB for my team and now he is the OC for an NFL team. Crazy.

I know, right?  Watched him in college.  Happy we drafted him.  I had his jersey.  Met him at Regency Square mall in 2002.  Seemed like a nice kid.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(10-19-2018, 01:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Honestly I hope he takes this opportunity and runs with it. I love seeing any former player of ours succeeding at any level or capacity. This is awesome news.

I am curious to see how he'll call this offense with Rosen. Apart of me wants to think this dude will be calling long shot after long shot after long shot out of the gun on offense for the hell of it.

"Ok Josh. First of all, you gotta lengthen that motion. Get some windmill action in there. After that, just launch that [BLEEP] 40 yards into the stands"

(10-19-2018, 04:09 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 01:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Honestly I hope he takes this opportunity and runs with it. I love seeing any former player of ours succeeding at any level or capacity. This is awesome news.

"Ok Josh. First of all, you gotta lengthen that motion. Get some windmill action in there. After that, just launch that [BLEEP] 40 yards into the stands"

"Trust me...it worked for ME and I got a Superb Owl ring out of it"

(10-19-2018, 03:54 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 03:05 PM)Brett Wrote: I feel old. I can say I watched Leftwich as the QB for my team and now he is the OC for an NFL team. Crazy.

I know, right?  Watched him in college.  Happy we drafted him.  I had his jersey.  Met him at Regency Square mall in 2002.  Seemed like a nice kid.

Remember the vid of his Marshall team players carrying him with the broken (i think) leg?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-19-2018, 04:09 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

When did Tebow start coaching?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Happy for Byron. The thing they always touted with him was his high football IQ. It sounds like he’s on a track to eventually be a candidate for head coach openings. This should be a good audition for him.

I always said if you put his mind and arm on Garrard, you’d have the perfect QB. Byron had that long windup, but he threw the ball with so much velocity he could almost impale his receivers. I remember the first pass we saw him throw in a preseason game after he was drafted. He split coverage hitting a TE in stride down the seam a good 30 or so yards. The pass was spot on, and actually had a little break to it that made the thing look like a curveball. The guy sitting next to me and I both were just amazed by the throw because we’d never seen that kind of pass from Brunell.

It was funny. Many people have Leftwich sightings while he was here. The guy was extremely generous with local charities, especially where kids were involved. The thing is, he shunned the media when he was doing his charity work. He didn’t want to distract from the charity, but I think it hurt him because a lot of fans thought he was aloof.

My old offices were in a building that had offices for one of the youth charities Byron supported financially. I was walking out for lunch and as I came downstairs I walked right into their annual Christmas party in the lobby of our building. The kids were doing a production for Byron and a few other players/coaches he’d brought with him. I got stuck standing next to him at the foot of the stairs, so I just said hello and started small talk. He couldn’t have been any nicer. Started talking about his childhood and how it was his goal to really help these kids. It was genuine, and he really seemed to want to stay behind the scenes and use his resources to help them.

The only charity work he was ever credited with in the local media was tied to him buying hundreds of tickets for each game to give to inner city kids. Some of those kids came from the charity he was visiting that day.

It was a shame he wasn’t even remotely mobile, or quicker with the release. He had the potential to be a really good QB in the league. Unfortunately, his ability to emulate a statue shortened his career.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I am happy for him. Any comments I had during his time here were fan shaded but it was obvious he had through the roof football IQ. That Arizona game and injury reversed the trend of improving play from him. He wasn't an eloquent speaker so I know that was held against him.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.