Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** THE OFFICIAL CARLOS HYDE THREAD **

(10-19-2018, 04:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Have to wonder how hurt LF really is now.

More Concered with how hurt TJ is. He is averaging 4.5 yards per carry and is doing some great things with the pass catching

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wasn't expecting this.
I thought that if we were going to trade for someone would be for a LT or a TE.
Good thing is that with Hyde we have now a decent replacement for Grant and Yeldon who will be both gone.
Now if only the OC stops giving up on the run game when our RB is averaging 5-6 yards per carry we should be able to get back to our identity.

Wonder if we are exploring the trade option for a TE as well.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 05:38 PM by JackCity.)

(10-19-2018, 04:25 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Down rhe road, next step is drafting NCSU QB Ryan Finley.

He'll make a nice backup

The jaguars have spent more assets on making a run game than any other team over the last few years....in a league where most teams are trying to get more diverse and pass more. All to make up for Blakes lack of ability.

(10-19-2018, 03:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Welcome to Jacksonville !!!

[Image: sfunewmksfljcsi06u0r.jpg]

Welcome indeed!
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-19-2018, 04:55 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 04:25 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Down rhe road, next step is drafting NCSU QB Ryan Finley.

He'll make a nice backup

The jaguars have spent more assets on making a run game than any other team over the last few years....in a league where most teams are trying to get more diverse and pass more. All to make up for Blakes lack of ability.

it has nothing to do with BB5 lack of ability. Morone is a run first run second coach all plays are designed to help the run. he quit in buff becuae they wanted a more open passing offense with thier draft pick sammy wakins being under utilized in his run game. Arob tuned down our offer and left because they wanted him to block for the run more then recieive. BB5 in a wide open offens put up probowl type numbers in year 2 if we had this defense then we would have won alot more games. its not BB5 its the coach and his bologna run run sack punt offense.

(10-19-2018, 04:55 PM)JackCity Wrote:

He'll make a nice backup

Yep. Don't know if there's another team who have spent a comparable investment to be a running team. #4 and #36 picks on RB is insane. Then we are paying a premium on some lineman. Totally built to run. Cringeworthy in today's game, but it's already done.

(10-19-2018, 04:19 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 04:12 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Question, if Fournette goes on designated IR, is he available a backdated 8 weeks since his first inactive, or is it a new 8 weeks from the designation date?

I thought they used both return designations, one on ASJ and the other on Wells.

Must have missed that. Saw Wells went to IR but didn't see he was designated

Browns fans seem pretty ticked on their forum that they only got a 5th. That's a good sign. Never paid much attention to Hyde but had the impression he was more of a power back which we've lacked most of the season. Good move.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 05:40 PM by JackCity.)

(10-19-2018, 05:24 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 04:55 PM)JackCity Wrote: He'll make a nice backup

it has nothing to do with BB5 lack of ability. Morone is a run first run second coach all plays are designed to help the run. he quit in buff becuae they wanted a more open passing offense with thier draft pick sammy wakins being under utilized in his run game. Arob tuned down our offer and left because they wanted him to block for the run more then recieive. BB5 in a wide open offens put up probowl type numbers in year 2 if we had this defense then we would have won alot more games. its not BB5 its the coach and his bologna run run sack punt offense.

I'm afraid the first line is simply incorrect.  

All of these things are linked. Marrone is more of a run coach but he's also had some of the worst QBs in the NFL to work with throughout his career as a head coach. 

They have specifically mentioned multiple times the run game is to keep pressure off Blake. As well have having the obvious benefits of keeping the defense and fresh and controlling the clock.

(10-19-2018, 05:32 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

Yep. Don't know if there's another team who have spent a comparable investment to be a running team. #4 and #36 picks on RB is insane. Then we are paying a premium on some lineman. Totally built to run. Cringeworthy in today's game, but it's already done.

Marrone said recently that without the power run game they had to seriously re think the whole offense....that's not how you should be playing football in 2018. 

That said, I do think Hyde plays well for us. The browns Oline was one of the worst run blocking units in football.

Michael Silver: More
More on the Carlos Hyde trade: The Jaguars initiated the talks yesterday. At one point the Browns broached the idea of trading for a receiver, but the Jags are thin at the position and were unwilling to part with any of theirs. Jags are in win-now mode, thrilled with the deal.

If only we could have shipped Moncrief and save the pick, lol.

(10-19-2018, 05:41 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Michael Silver: More
More on the Carlos Hyde trade: The Jaguars initiated the talks yesterday. At one point the Browns broached the idea of trading for a receiver, but the Jags are thin at the position and were unwilling to part with any of theirs. Jags are in win-now mode, thrilled with the deal.

If only we could have shipped Moncrief and save the pick, lol.

bwahahahhahaa that was my thinking too!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(10-19-2018, 05:24 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:

Folks always wanting the shiny new toy somebody else has.  Jags are 3-3.  The season isn't over.  Now some are screaming that we're not running flavor of the month high octane passing attack.  Realistically, only KC is doing that right now. (They are bad weather or one injury away from being the same old Chiefs.)  The other teams that are ahead of us are running balanced offenses.  And most of those have elite qbs or ascending qbs.  We don't.  We have an adequate qb.  And we were never under the delusion that he was going to be elite.

A run first, play action offense can take us where we want to go once injuries aren't crushing us.  Running the football and imposing your will on a defense is a beautiful thing!  "Drive your enemies before you and hear the lamentation of their women."

Remember the years of utter hopelessness? (Just keep choppin' wood.  Want sprinkles on your ice cream?)  That's not where we are now.  We've had mediocre qbs since Brunell was replaced by Leftwich.  We could be doing worse than Bortles.  We have done worse than Bortles.

(10-19-2018, 05:53 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 05:24 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: it has nothing to do with BB5 lack of ability. Morone is a run first run second coach all plays are designed to help the run. he quit in buff becuae they wanted a more open passing offense with thier draft pick sammy wakins being under utilized in his run game. Arob tuned down our offer and left because they wanted him to block for the run more then recieive. BB5 in a wide open offens put up probowl type numbers in year 2 if we had this defense then we would have won alot more games. its not BB5 its the coach and his bologna run run sack punt offense.

Folks always wanting the shiny new toy somebody else has.  Jags are 3-3.  The season isn't over.  Now some are screaming that we're not running flavor of the month high octane passing attack.  Realistically, only KC is doing that right now. (They are bad weather or one injury away from being the same old Chiefs.)  The other teams that are ahead of us are running balanced offenses.  And most of those have elite qbs or ascending qbs.  We don't.  We have an adequate qb.  And we were never under the delusion that he was going to be elite.

A run first, play action offense can take us where we want to go once injuries aren't crushing us.  Running the football and imposing your will on a defense is a beautiful thing!  "Drive your enemies before you and hear the lamentation of their women."

Remember the years of utter hopelessness? (Just keep choppin' wood.  Want sprinkles on your ice cream?)  That's not where we are now.  We've had mediocre qbs since Brunell was replaced by Leftwich.  We could be doing worse than Bortles.  We have done worse than Bortles.
Stylistically I'd actually much prefer to watch a grinding rushing attack than a high octane passing  game. 

My issue is more so with how this front office has treated the RB spot and it's becoming pretty clear how bad of a pick Fournette was..he's been injured for 3.5 seasons in a row now.

I hope to God, we get someone better than him.

This trade gives us the ability to get back to power football on offense without having to wait for LF to get healthy.

Our offense is designed around a bell cow RB and neither Yeldon or Charles are physical enough to fit this bill (even if you think Charles could fit this bill, it will be weeks before he will be in good enough football shape to take a large number of carries).

Hopefully Hyde will bring more consistency to our offense and get it working in a way that is more symbiotic with our defense.

(10-19-2018, 06:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: Stylistically I'd actually much prefer to watch a grinding rushing attack than a high octane passing  game. 

My issue is more so with how this front office has treated the RB spot and it's becoming pretty clear how bad of a pick Fournette was..he's been injured for 3.5 seasons in a row now.

Gotcha.

I'm beginning to think so, too.

Not a huge fan of the trade at first, but since he can run between the Tackles, is signed for 2 additional years at a reasonable price and Yeldon and Grant are free agents at the end of the year, it makes a lot of sense. Especially since Fournette seems injury plagued at this point.

My questions...

1. Does this trade reflect some kind of apprehension or disillusionment towards Fournette, or for that matter, the newly acquired Jamaal Charles? Under normal circumstances I would not ask about Fournette, but earlier in the week, one of the talking heads on 1010xl suggested some team dissatisfaction with Fournette, and I am left to wonder if there is a kernel of truth to the speculation.

2. Does this trade mean a return to a more run based attack? With Fournette, the team was a rugged run first team. With Yeldon as the primary ball carrier, the team went to more of a passing attack. What will the attack be once Hyde learns the scheme:. conservative, more wide open like it is with Yeldon, or something in between?

3. Anyone else concerned about Hyde being on so many teams?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I saw on AOL news that the Brownies traded him to another team and to "click here" to see which team he was going to. I came here instead because I KNEW it had to be us ! Man, I'm stoked !
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(10-19-2018, 07:25 PM)temporaryname Wrote: I saw on AOL news that the Brownies traded him to another team and to "click here" to see which team he was going to. I came here instead because I KNEW it had to be us ! Man, I'm stoked !

I'm more shocked that AOL news is still around and people check it?