Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** THE OFFICIAL CARLOS HYDE THREAD **

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 07:48 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

(10-19-2018, 07:30 PM)Brett Wrote: I'm more shocked that AOL news is still around and people check it?

Laughing

Seriously though, Hyde is the type of back and reinforcement that this team should have gotten in the off season. I harped about it, but didn't get too much reception. This team was not prepared to deal with a LF injury with who we had on the roster at that time. Hyde will make a huge contribution to this backfield.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-19-2018, 07:25 PM)temporaryname Wrote: I saw on AOL news that the Brownies traded him to another team and to "click here" to see which team he was going to. I came here instead because I KNEW it had to be us !  Man, I'm stoked !

The true identity of the JDub account has been revealed....

On the plus side, this gives us the back we need to run the type of offense we would with Fournette on the field.

On the downside, this gives us the back we need to run the type of offense we would with Fournette on the field.

(10-19-2018, 07:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: My questions...

1.  Does this trade reflect some kind of apprehension or disillusionment towards Fournette, or for that matter, the newly acquired Jamaal Charles?  Under normal circumstances I would not ask about Fournette, but earlier in the week, one of the talking heads on 1010xl suggested some team dissatisfaction with Fournette, and I am left to wonder if there is a kernel of truth to the speculation.

2.  Does this trade mean a return to a more run based attack?  With Fournette, the team was a rugged run first team.  With Yeldon as the primary ball carrier, the team went to more of a passing attack.   What will the attack be once Hyde learns the scheme:. conservative, more wide open like it is with Yeldon, or something in between?  

3.  Anyone else concerned about Hyde being on so many teams?

I see it as this trade is saying that they're moving on as if Fournette was done for the season. If/when he comes back, he'd just add a possible luxury to the RB group. They can't sit around and wait for Fournette.

Charles will be the 3rd RB and have the Grant role. I don't think anybody ever had high expectations. They knew they needed somebody behind Yeldon with experience. After the Wilds experiment, I doubt they had much trust in trying another PS RB out there.

I'm sure they'll try and get back to being a run first team again with this Hyde trade. Getting back to two RBs who can do hard running is what this team was built around. They needed another back who can run hard between the tackles. Charles has never been that guy.

Hyde left the 49ers in FA because they signed Jerick McKinnon and the Browns just drafted Nick Chubb this past draft. He has flashed on a limited amount of touches so far this season. I think it was more of a case that they wanted to get their younger player, with a higher upside more playing time. Their backfield was pretty crowded with trying to pass around playing time for all 3 of Hyde, Chubb and Duke Johnson.

1.  Does this trade reflect some kind of apprehension or disillusionment towards Fournette, or for that matter, the newly acquired Jamaal Charles?  Under normal circumstances I would not ask about Fournette, but earlier in the week, one of the talking heads on 1010xl suggested some team dissatisfaction with Fournette, and I am left to wonder if there is a kernel of truth to the speculation.

I doubt thought. Sure there may be some feeling of why he always gets hurt, but while his injuries are mostly lower body there is no chronic injury that happens every year like with M. Lee. Charles was always long shot, and probably something they could get done quickly and without giving up the pick. Probably just didn't want to do that.

2.  Does this trade mean a return to a more run based attack?  With Fournette, the team was a rugged run first team.  With Yeldon as the primary ball carrier, the team went to more of a passing attack.   What will the attack be once Hyde learns the scheme:. conservative, more wide open like it is with Yeldon, or something in between?  

I hope to god this means a more run based attack. Hyde is 3-down back from his prior 49er's days. He have lost half a step, but no reason he cannot still play wide open. He gets in trouble if he tries to dance though. He needs to cut and go, and more often than not he does that. He probably won't be breaking long runs anymore though.

He was on 49ers and just signed as FA to Cleveland. It is only 2 teams. 49er's just wanted their chess pieces more than Hyde. Browns just got too many RB's and want to give Chubb some run. No issues here.

Good move but got an itchy panic button
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-19-2018, 05:36 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 04:19 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: I thought they used both return designations, one on ASJ and the other on Wells.

Must have missed that. Saw Wells went to IR but didn't see he was designated

That's not a thing anymore.  Teams don't have to designate players to return when they place them on ir,  they designate them after the player has been on ir for 8 weeks.

Joeckel and Hyde would be a good tandem.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

1. I don't know about there being disillusionment, but I can see the feeling of uncertainty as far as when he can return. Hamstrings are notoriously difficult and unpredictable injuries to overcome during the season. I believe that the organization is feeling a sense of urgency to get back to the style of football the offense was designed and built to play before we get behind on our record. A few more games like the last two and our playoff odds start to become long. As far as Charles, you have to remember he hasn't had the luxury of training camp and pre season to get physically or mentally in game shape so you are still looking at weeks before he would be ready to take on a full time role, so he can't help address the problems in the short term which is the time frame that is the biggest issue.

2. This team was designed to be physical and run the ball. I think the Hyde signing shows the determination to get back that identity.

3. I don't think this should be a concern. He played out his contract in SF and the pass oriented offense they envisioned going forward doesn't really fit with a big power back. I think a similar thing happened in Cleveland. I think they expected a run heavy offense this year which is why they signed him, but with Mayfield taking over, their philosophy shifted toward the pass which made him expendable. So I think it's not about him, it's more about his style fitting fitting the offense he is playing for which is a good match here.

(10-19-2018, 08:35 PM)PF* Wrote: Joeckel and Hyde would be a good tandem.

Good one.
'02

let's hope this provides us with the same impact like the Dareus trade last season

I have been a Hyde fan since he was drafted. Pretty stoked right now

This one came as a shock. I'm pretty interested to see how this one plays out. Wonder how long we keep Hyde around...

The Browns fans dont like the move

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-brow...123516093/

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 11:57 PM by Eric1.)

(10-19-2018, 11:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Browns fans dont like the move

Yup, they hate this move and I think it's funny considering that they so badly hoped it was for a WR.

Yet they just spent years on Gordon, only to give up on him when it looks like he might be finally turning a corner.. LOL. 

It's clear that they were looking for the tiniest little reason to cut losses with Gordon, without trying to make themselves look like idiots for doing so... Yet, now they only look like even bigger idiots for trading him to the Pats of all teams... Let alone the fact that they still need desperate help at WR.. LOL.

And now with this trade, after having a really solid RB trio. They're now one RB injury away from having big issues at that position.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2018, 01:26 AM by JackCity.)

(10-19-2018, 11:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Browns fans dont like the move

They traded their 3rd best RB for a 5th. Most browns fans I've seen are happy as more Chubb and Duke touches will open up the offense.

Most of the beats are happy than he's gone too. Better off to develop the young guys and the fact that they are more dynamic make it an easy choice

Sit Fournette til after the bye, let him get 100 make a run with 3 healthy backs after. If his hamstring was that bad he would already be on IR with a designation

stupid move by a stupid front office. Let's NOT trade for Jimmy G...lets NOT trade for Teddy B...lets NOT find a QB in the draft or FA....but LETS trade for a old RB that even Cleveland doesn't want. Reminds of the terrible Gene Smith era...Caldwell is an idiot and im losing faith in Coughlin and Doug. it's EXTREMELY clear that Blake should not be a starter in the NFL.yet...our genius front office decides to pay the guy and KEEP him on the team to ruin it? makes no sense. WE NEED NEW LEADERSHIP!!! ASAP!!!

(10-20-2018, 03:19 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote: stupid move by a stupid front office. Let's NOT trade for Jimmy G...lets NOT trade for Teddy B...lets NOT find a QB in the draft or FA....but LETS trade for a old RB that even Cleveland doesn't want. Reminds of the terrible Gene Smith era...Caldwell is an idiot and im losing faith in Coughlin and Doug. it's EXTREMELY clear that Blake should not be a starter in the NFL.yet...our genius front office decides to pay the guy and KEEP him on the team to ruin it? makes no sense. WE NEED NEW LEADERSHIP!!! ASAP!!!

You alright bud? Need a hug or something?

(10-20-2018, 03:19 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote: stupid move by a stupid front office. Let's NOT trade for Jimmy G...lets NOT trade for Teddy B...lets NOT find a QB in the draft or FA....but LETS trade for a old RB that even Cleveland doesn't want. Reminds of the terrible Gene Smith era...Caldwell is an idiot and im losing faith in Coughlin and Doug. it's EXTREMELY clear that Blake should not be a starter in the NFL.yet...our genius front office decides to pay the guy and KEEP him on the team to ruin it? makes no sense. WE NEED NEW LEADERSHIP!!! ASAP!!!

[Image: tenor.gif]