Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell has to be done right?

Big misses in the 1st but the Taven pick is the one I really disliked.. Wasnt a need or best available pick... Should have went oline. I dont think Caldwell going anywhere. He should just start trading out the1st rd from now on

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-26-2018, 08:42 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 05:31 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Guys.  The reason we're losing is injuries.  This isn't Caldwell's fault.  He's accumulated and built an extremely talented--but not deep--roster.  Depth will come.

I can't think of another team that has had to deal with this level of injury that has been successful.  It just doesn't happen.  

We could do much, much worse than Caldwell.  Bortles was a mistake, but I can see why they drafted him and why they've hung on to him.  We have to fix QB, and we might still make the playoffs if we can get a little healthier on the bye.

I sincerely hope we don't kneejerk fire everyone.

5 years isn't kneejerk, we had last year that was supposed to be the launch of a long term sustained success. unless there's a drastic turnaround this season (for the record that's my hope) we've built a roster that is on the way to a losing season AGAIN. Yes injuries are high this year, but if you've been building a roster for 5 years why isn't it deep enough to field at least a competitive team with depth? The Eagles lost their young star QB and won a superbowl, the Patriots deal with injuries like everyone else and yet field top tier teams every season, there's other examples of teams that deal with injuries or losing key players and don't fall apart to the point of passing the 50 yard line being a milestone. 

We've been blown out what 60-24 the last 3 games? That's what you expect the year of a rebuild or the second year in where you're still acquiring talent, that's not the case here. This is the roster we've built, this is the depth we've worked 5 years to acquire, is this what we should expect? 

When Caldwell was hired we where told to stomach a roster gutting, it was going to be a ground up rebuild, the problem with that is you have zero margin for error when you do that.

When the starting roster isn't playing then we don't win. It's that simple.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-27-2018, 01:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 08:42 PM)EricC85 Wrote: 5 years isn't kneejerk, we had last year that was supposed to be the launch of a long term sustained success. unless there's a drastic turnaround this season (for the record that's my hope) we've built a roster that is on the way to a losing season AGAIN. Yes injuries are high this year, but if you've been building a roster for 5 years why isn't it deep enough to field at least a competitive team with depth? The Eagles lost their young star QB and won a superbowl, the Patriots deal with injuries like everyone else and yet field top tier teams every season, there's other examples of teams that deal with injuries or losing key players and don't fall apart to the point of passing the 50 yard line being a milestone. 

We've been blown out what 60-24 the last 3 games? That's what you expect the year of a rebuild or the second year in where you're still acquiring talent, that's not the case here. This is the roster we've built, this is the depth we've worked 5 years to acquire, is this what we should expect? 

When Caldwell was hired we where told to stomach a roster gutting, it was going to be a ground up rebuild, the problem with that is you have zero margin for error when you do that.

When the starting roster isn't playing then we don't win. It's that simple.

Starting defense got 60 points hung on them the last few weeks.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(10-27-2018, 01:53 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 01:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: When the starting roster isn't playing then we don't win. It's that simple.

Yep, and 30 of those off turnovers. The defense isn't losing these games even though they aren't playing all world this year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Maybe not terrible, we we are generating basically zero turnovers. No matter how great or crappy your offense is. When you can't get the ball from the other team it makes it harder as you have to basically start from your 0-20 yard line every drive.

(10-26-2018, 01:46 PM)Mr.P. Wrote: So every team who doesnt win a Super Bowl and takes a step back just immediately starts firing people?
You realize how ridiculous this is?
We were 5 minutes from the Super Bowl and everyone thought Caldwell and Hackett and Marrone were geniuses.
One year later beset by injuries and they all deserve to be fired.
I know as Jags fans we aren't used to winning.....but at least understand how hard it is to win in this league even when everything goes right.....

This team has been 10 steps back for the past decade. You must be a recent fan to not have known this.

(10-27-2018, 01:53 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 01:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: When the starting roster isn't playing then we don't win. It's that simple.

Let me clarify for the people who actually think this statement has any kind of sense to it. 

Week 5 Against the Chiefs: Our defense held the Chiefs, the top ranked offense at the time, to 20 points going into the 2nd half. Held them to 23 going into the 4th quarter.

Week 6 Against the Cowboys: Cowboys offense had 41 plays to our offense's 19 in the 1st half alone. Offense had 4 "3 and outs" in 5 drives in the 1st half. Of those 4 the ToP are as follows: 2:05, 1:23, 1:33, and 0:41. A total of 5 min and 42 sec. Defense held them to 24 going into the 2nd half. Going into the 4th quarter our defense allowed only 6 more points.

Week 7 Against the Texans: Held the Tinhorns to 13 going into the 2nd half. Texans got 1 TD in the 2nd half.

So yes looking at the final scores it looks like our defense was getting torched. But in fact it wasn't.

Yeah time of possession for our offense plays a hige role in the D giving up points also the turnovers giving up short fields.
No Fun

You can't use the time of possession argument the chiefs didn't punt until the second half! The cowboys moved the ball at will the entire first half. The Texans had a league worse offensive line and they shoved the ball down our throats from the first snap. The defense is not elite and borderline average this season.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2018, 11:48 PM by Setsuna00.)

(10-27-2018, 11:07 PM)EricC85 Wrote: You can't use the time of possession argument the chiefs didn't punt until the second half! The cowboys moved the ball at will the entire first half. The Texans had a league worse offensive line and they shoved the ball down our throats from the first snap. The defense is not elite and borderline average this season.
You obviously read the only part you thought you could refute. ToP. Which I ONLY mentioned for the Dallas game. So that only applied to the Dallas game. I made other cases for the other two games and you ignored the facts from those as well. I never said they were elite either. Where are you getting your reading comprehension from? I'll try one more time to again use facts and see if you can refute that.

- The Chiefs are one of the Top 5 offenses in the league. And their defense at the time of our game was at the Bottom 5. 

- When you are getting 1-2 minutes to rest at a time you can't pin your ears back rushing the passer because your DBs are already tired. Of course Dallas moved the ball. 

- Apparently you can't read. The defense held the Texans to 13 points going into the 2nd half. Idk about you but not being able to get any points in the first half is indefensible for any team in the league.

Crunch time. Wrong QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Caldwell did fine until this last off season.... letting robinson and colvin go made no sense, especially colvin i thought but now with our receivers looking the way they do robinson looks like a bigger loss... over paying Moncrief and Norwell was a mistake...extening blakes contract was the biggest mistake, shouldve traded for alex smith or even sign Cousins although that wouldve cost a bit too much... also the draft was really bad... so yeah caldwell completely FLOPPED this off season but well see if he can fix it.. Chark, Harrison and Jacobs do show flashes though in my opinion... But Bryan and the other draft picks are bums

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2018, 01:01 PM by ColoJag.)

Guys I would cut
Bortles saves 15 Mil
Calais 15 Mil
Church 7 mil
Parnell 6 mil
This would put us at 30 mil in cap space + league wide salary cap going up
Potential cuts that I would hate
Dareus 14 Mil
Jackson 11 mil
This puts us at 55 + league wide salary cap going up

Maybe sign a QB(Taylor/Teddy) in FA for 20 mil, draft a LT in the first and move Cam to RT, draft a pass rusher in the 2nd,and draft a RG in the third

(10-28-2018, 12:47 PM)Jords808 Wrote: I think Caldwell did fine until this last off season.... letting robinson and colvin go made no sense, especially colvin i thought but now with our receivers looking the way they do robinson looks like a bigger loss... over paying Moncrief and Norwell was a mistake...extening blakes contract was the biggest mistake, shouldve traded for alex smith or even sign Cousins although that wouldve cost a bit too much... also the draft was really  bad... so yeah caldwell completely FLOPPED this off season but well see if he can fix it.. Chark, Harrison and Jacobs do show flashes though in my opinion... But Bryan and the other draft picks are bums

Funny how kirk was 'too much' when they game basically the same amount to moncrief and Bortles. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jagua...e-bortles/

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-28-2018, 01:04 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 12:47 PM)Jords808 Wrote: I think Caldwell did fine until this last off season.... letting robinson and colvin go made no sense, especially colvin i thought but now with our receivers looking the way they do robinson looks like a bigger loss... over paying Moncrief and Norwell was a mistake...extening blakes contract was the biggest mistake, shouldve traded for alex smith or even sign Cousins although that wouldve cost a bit too much... also the draft was really  bad... so yeah caldwell completely FLOPPED this off season but well see if he can fix it.. Chark, Harrison and Jacobs do show flashes though in my opinion... But Bryan and the other draft picks are bums

Funny how kirk was 'too much' when they game basically the same amount to moncrief and Bortles. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jagua...e-bortles/
Oh yess i know i was saying for a single player he was a lot but i still wanted to sign him

A-Rob hasn't done anything this season. I believe he's not playing today. Hurns isn't doing anything either in Dallas.

(10-28-2018, 01:27 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: A-Rob hasn't done anything this season. I believe he's not playing today.  Hurns isn't doing anything either in Dallas.

AR has a groin injury.

(10-28-2018, 01:00 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Guys I would cut
Bortles saves 15 Mil

You probably need to go look at those players' contracts and re-work your numbers based on actual dead cap figures.

Oh look Howard scored another TD to match Goedert...lovely.

(10-28-2018, 02:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 01:00 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Guys I would cut
Bortles saves 15 Mil

You probably need to go look at those players' contracts and re-work your numbers based on actual dead cap figures.

[Image: 2l6c36.jpg]