Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell has to be done right?

(11-12-2018, 12:16 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:13 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: He's only drafted 1 high QB. And yes, GMs are in positions for 6 years and miss on higher percentages. But hey, lets continue to keep switching GMs.
BTW, whats the 83% that he has missed on?

5 out of 6 first rounders 

Ramsey is his only success. Joeckel, Bortles, and Fowler were misses. Fournette was way over drafted and is not a player you build a team around. Bryan can theoretically become something but no one can say definitely he’s a good pick yet.

And he only “missed” once on QB? Nope try twice, at least. He had an opportunity to easily correct his mistake with Bortles last season but doubled down instead

So after Blake got us to the AFCC game, you would have cut him? Im just asking. Not trolling.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-12-2018, 12:20 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:16 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: 5 out of 6 first rounders 

Ramsey is his only success. Joeckel, Bortles, and Fowler were misses. Fournette was way over drafted and is not a player you build a team around. Bryan can theoretically become something but no one can say definitely he’s a good pick yet.

And he only “missed” once on QB? Nope try twice, at least. He had an opportunity to easily correct his mistake with Bortles last season but doubled down instead

So after Blake got us to the AFCC game, you would have cut him? Im just asking. Not trolling.

I wouldn’t have extended him, that’s for sure. 

Brought Smith, Fitzpatrick, Keenan, or Cousins in. If Bortles has truly turned the corner he wins in camp. Notable exception is Cousins; with his kind of money, he’s almost guaranteed to start. 

We’re stuck with him until 2020. His dead money hit because of the extension is rather high. Then again, we’re on our way to a rebuild anyway, so maybe we should gut and purge and bite the bullet on a 2/3 win season in 2019. We’re just delaying the inevitable. 

And it was the team who got us to the AFC championship. Blake was inconsistent at points and helped here or there. But he was not the kind of quarterback who willed us to victory

(11-12-2018, 12:25 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:20 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: So after Blake got us to the AFCC game, you would have cut him? Im just asking. Not trolling.

Brought Smith, Fitzpatrick, Keenan, or Cousins in. If Bortles has truly turned the corner he wins in camp. Notable exception is Cousins; with his kind of money, he’s almost guaranteed to start. 

We’re stuck with him until 2020. His dead money hit because of the extension is rather high. Then again, we’re on our way to a rebuild anyway, so maybe we should gut and purge and bite the bullet on a 2/3 win season in 2019. We’re just delaying the inevitable. 

And it was the team who got us to the AFC championship. Blake was inconsistent at points and helped here or there. But he was not the kind of quarterback who willed us to victory

So he didn't win the Bills game with his legs and he didn't win a shootout with Pitt? Oh my bad.
#iamlegend

The Ravens extended Flacco and now look at them.

(11-12-2018, 12:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:20 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: So after Blake got us to the AFCC game, you would have cut him? Im just asking. Not trolling.
The Ravens extended Flacco and now look at them.

The Ravens gave Flacco the bank.

But I concur.
#iamlegend

(11-12-2018, 12:25 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:

Pants on head.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 02:53 PM by SamusAranX.)

(11-12-2018, 12:41 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:25 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I wouldn’t have extended him, that’s for sure. 

So he didn't win the Bills game with his legs and he didn't win a shootout with Pitt? Oh my bad.

The reason he had to win the bills game that way is because he couldn’t hit the broad sign of the barn with his passes. Not exactly high praise. 

Pittsburgh, of course he did well. But a did Myles jack with the amazing sideline pick. So did fournette with his hard runs. So did Telvin with his fumble returned for a TD. Team effort

(11-12-2018, 01:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:25 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I wouldn’t have extended him, that’s for sure. 

Pants on head.

?

On this point ….. So after Blake got us to the AFCC game, you would have cut him? Im just asking. Not trolling.

Yeah I bought in a bit to the fools gold. I thought the offseason wrist surgery would represent a turned corner. Laugh is on me, he never really learned to throw a football. Watching backs spin around to catch a screen/flat pass is cringe inducing. I was hoping for an offseason upgrade at QB. I figured we would play competitive football again because of the defense and well the money saved would be worth having Blake behind center.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-12-2018, 12:41 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: So he didn't win the Bills game with his legs and he didn't win a shootout with Pitt? Oh my bad.

C'mon man, Blake was godawful vs the Bills. The Bills -57 point differential last year made them the 5th worst playoff team of all time. And we were a Nathan Peterman away from potentially losing that game. Virtually any other playoff team in history beats us.

(11-12-2018, 02:58 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: On this point ….. So after Blake got us to the AFCC game, you would have cut him? Im just asking. Not trolling.

Yes.

Why?
Because in the past 15 years the SB winning QBs have been as follows: 
Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, Nick Foles.

One of those QBs Bortles MAY be better than. And that's Foles. If our goal is a SB then he's not the guy. Unless you like mediocrity. Wait nvm we haven't even been mediocre with him. Worse than that.

Blake didn't get us there himself.

BUT... to your point... I would have let him ride out that option (19mil total) and would have drafted a guy instead of Taven Bryan.
Bortles isn't cut but has real competition, not some Kessler or Henne guy.
If the draft pick isn't ready or Bortles plays well he is the guy this year, if not the kid would take over.

That being said... a rookie QB on this team with these injuries and these coaches... I'm not entirely sure the results are much different.
Maybe we're closer to .500 because of a couple games Bortles really lost us... but would any of you still be thinking playoffs having apparently just lost our starting center, Fournette came back and we still looked meh on offense and the D gave up 29 first half points.

The QB needs a change (I prefer this off season) but he certainly isn't the reason the season is in the toilet.

T. Coughlin has been MIA. The silence is deafening. He has to be going nuts.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 06:17 PM by Eric1.)

(11-12-2018, 05:24 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: T. Coughlin has been MIA. The silence is deafening.  He has to be going nuts.

It's funny that now everybody is blaming Caldwell for this season, yet all of those same people were praising Coughlin for last season. It's comedy how they flip flop to fit whatever their opinion is for that day.

If anybody from the front office gets fired, Coughlin should be the first one to go. How quickly everybody forgets these words straight from Khan himself...... Obviously, Tom would be making the final decision[s],” said Khan in Coughlin’s introductory presser in 2017. “What enthuses me the most is Tom welcomes the challenge of overseeing all facets of football operations, and given his roots in Jacksonville, combined with his experience and pedigree, there couldn’t be possibly anyone better to accept the challenge.”

Yes that's right kids... Coughlin's fingerprints are all over last years and this year's draft. His finger prints are all over the extension of Bortles as well. He was supposed to bring accountability and discipline to this team, yet they're fighting in the locker rooms, getting arrested in London etc etc. 

If there's any blame to be pointed, he's the first person that the finger should be pointed at. His 2nd season as the man in charge and this team has taken 5 huge steps backwards in every single area.

As for last season and us being moments away from the SB. Yes, we were there but if you realistically look at the season before that last game in New England you might be able to honestly assess where the team actually was. The team played above their heads all season. If you look at our own division two of the usual leaders in the division were decimated with injuries, the Texans and the Colts. Those two teams accounted for four wins that otherwise would have been losses. The Titans beat us twice in the regular season. They were nothing special and their QB, Blaine Gabbert, was their back up, the one we cut for being so horrible..... and he beat us at home. Really? If the Texans and the Colts were at their usual strength they probably would have beat us. So we ended the season at 10 & 6 but in reality we should have probably been 6 & 10 since the Texans and Colts were decimated by injuries. This season we will not beat the Texans, nor the Titans or the Colts. We beat a New England team early on that always sucks at the start of the season but this week the Titans beat them at home. The Pats are not quite the team they once were. They are in a weak division and are almost guaranteed wining their division every year because of that. We played the AFC East so we played NE, A lousy Jets team beat us and we barely beat the Bills. While last year was exciting to see them win, I think it was fools gold and now the team is being exposed.

(11-12-2018, 06:50 PM)jon2005 Wrote: As for last season and us being moments away from the SB. Yes, we were there but if you realistically look at the season before that last game in New England you might be able to honestly assess where the team actually was. The team played above their heads all season. If you look at our own division two of the usual leaders in the division were decimated with injuries, the Texans and the Colts. Those two teams accounted for four wins that otherwise would have been losses. The Titans beat us twice in the regular season. They were nothing special and their QB, Blaine Gabbert, was their back up, the one we cut for being so horrible..... and he beat us at home. Really? If the Texans and the Colts were at their usual strength they probably would have beat us. So we ended the season at 10 & 6 but in reality we should have probably been 6 & 10 since the Texans and Colts were decimated by injuries. This season we will not beat the Texans, nor the Titans or the Colts. We beat a New England team early on that always sucks at the start of the season but this week the Titans beat them at home. The Pats are not quite the team they once were. They are in a weak division and are almost guaranteed wining their division every year because of that. We played the AFC East so we played NE, A lousy Jets team beat us and we barely beat the Bills. While last year was exciting to see them win, I think it was fools gold and now the team is being exposed.
Don't confuse things with logic....

Who would have thought Gene Smith may actually end up a better GM tham Caldwell.

(11-25-2018, 04:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Who would have thought Gene Smith may actually end up a better GM tham Caldwell.

If you think that you're stupid and I think you're better than that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-25-2018, 04:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 04:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Who would have thought Gene Smith may actually end up a better GM tham Caldwell.

If you think that you're stupid and I think you're better than that.

Yea year 5 is really so much different between the two.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-25-2018, 05:18 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 04:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If you think that you're stupid and I think you're better than that.

Yea year 5 is really so much different between the two.

So this team is devoid of talent and locked into long term contracts with guys who can't win? Really?

I put the blame squarely on Gus Bradley and Dave Caldwell. They put Doug Marrone in a horrible position. It was literally here you go Doug, you have to win or you will get fired. They had a good first season, but guess what. We are right back to where we were. I don’t think marrone deserves to get fired, but at this point I don’t care anymore.

The real question is do I trust anyone in this organization to hire the right coach, make the correct draft pick, or sign the right free agent?

The answer is no. I do not.