Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the Raiders giving away players, should the Jags ask about Carr?

(10-22-2018, 08:18 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: I’ll say this, I really wish we would try and work something out with Denver and try and get Chad Kelly. A lot of Broncos wanted him to start. I’ve been a huge fan of his since college. He had character issues while in college but seems to have straightened it out. Rocket arm, good mobility. We can finally stop running just crossing routes. Denver seems to want to get him reps soon, best make an offer now

Would love that move.  Kelly is a baller with a big arm like you say.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018, 08:51 PM by I am Yoda.)

(10-22-2018, 08:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:18 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: I’ll say this, I really wish we would try and work something out with Denver and try and get Chad Kelly. A lot of Broncos wanted him to start. I’ve been a huge fan of his since college. He had character issues while in college but seems to have straightened it out. Rocket arm, good mobility. We can finally stop running just crossing routes. Denver seems to want to get him reps soon, best make an offer now

With the exceptions of Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers, how many backup QBs go on to become good starters?  (Cousins would be one more) Not being snarky.  I just can't think of many.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-22-2018, 08:50 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would love that move.  Kelly is a baller with a big arm like you say.

With the exceptions of Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers, how many backup QBs go on to become good starters?  (Cousins would be one more) Not being snarky.  I just can't think of many.

Brady, Warner, Romo

(10-22-2018, 08:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:50 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: With the exceptions of Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers, how many backup QBs go on to become good starters?  (Cousins would be one more) Not being snarky.  I just can't think of many.

Brady, Warner, Romo

Marino.

Why not include blake in the trade? Which would be a salary dump.

Raiders can complete the tank

Jags get a slightly better qb that has made a pro-bowl. Can still keep carr while a rookie is groomed. Blake isnt grooming anyone btw.

Win win for both teams.

(10-22-2018, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote: Where are we at now with draft picks in 2019?  I ask because I don’t know the compensation for Kessler and Hyde and whatever else may have gone down previously.   I’d probably say no to Carr.  But if we had picks, and for the RIGHT QB, I’d say why not.  It won’t save 2018, but at least you’d get your guy in the house learning the system an what not for 2019.  That is unless they feel really good about a prospect in the draft.  I don’t watch college so I can’t speak on them.

We gave Cleveland our five for Hyde, and we are almost assuredly going to owe them a seven for Kessler. I think that's it, but am worried about Caldwell trying to swing a desperation trade that eats up a higher pick.

Carr isn't any good. What a waste it'd be to trade away picks for him.

They just got a 1st for Cooper... You know they're going to want more than that for their starting QB.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 01:36 AM by Inziladun.)

(10-22-2018, 08:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Brady, Warner, Romo

Marino.

Mahomes. Roethlisberger. Bradshaw. Favre.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 03:30 AM by Predator.)

I can understand going after a potential upgrade, but going after a guy who may be having an even worse season than Bortles is foolish.

People hate Bortles' contract and want us to pick up Carr's?

It is almost like only stupid people are breeding.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-rumors-dere...12288.html

Seams his teammates dont think to much of him.

(10-23-2018, 11:04 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-rumors-dere...12288.html

Seams his teammates dont think to much of him.

So he’s a soft cry baby. He definitely would fit in well here.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 11:28 AM by I am Yoda.)

(10-22-2018, 08:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:50 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: With the exceptions of Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers, how many backup QBs go on to become good starters?  (Cousins would be one more) Not being snarky.  I just can't think of many.

Brady, Warner, Romo

(10-22-2018, 08:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Brady, Warner, Romo

Marino.

(10-23-2018, 01:34 AM)Inziladun Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Marino.

Mahomes. Roethlisberger. Bradshaw. Favre.

Okay, I left myself open to some of those!  lol

But several of those weren't really backups.  They were qbs drafted by those teams as the guy they were moving on to.  Mahomes, Roethlesberger, Marino, Romo.  But Brady, Warner, Favre, and Bradshaw  certainly belong in the list.

But the fact that the list is short and spans 40+ years proves the point that trading for someone's backup is a generally a fool's errand.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-22-2018, 08:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Not happening.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...espassing/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Absolutely we do if we can... Bortles is jus terrible.. i know the oline isnt that great and our receivers are dropping passes but Bortles has been bad for years now. Since 2014 he is among the worst in QBR, completion percentage, int for tds and turnovers... nothings gonna change its been 5 years... Carr is a much greater qb, talent and intellectually... this defense only has about 2-3 years left with some of our core guys like fowler possibility getting traded, Campbell and jackson getting old... we are in win NOW mode... Trading for Carr with Hyde and Fournette in the back field will boost our defense confidence as well, i think we need to push hard for carr, he has pro bowl caliber talent.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We don't have a Super Bowl window. It was one year and that was last year. It's over. Time to rebuild again. At least Gruden realized it and is doing what it takes.

Trade a top 10 pick for a bum... yeah I'm all for it.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I feel like this only helps the Faiders on their quest to get Tua in 2020. WE NEED TUA IN 2020. So I say let some other poor team overpay for Carr. He doesn't have it upstairs much like our own addled QB.