Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Megyn Kelly Canned

Correct me if I'm remembering wrong but didn't SNL have Fred Armisen as their first Obama impersonator in 2008 and 2009? And he wore makeup to darken his skin. I do think there's a difference between what Al Jolson did and what Jimmy Kimmel did. If the makeup is well done, you just look like an actual black person, not an ugly caricature. That said, no average parent is going to have the time, skill, or patience to tastefully change their kid's racefor Halloween. The Diana Rosses that Kelly remembers seeing were almost certainly poorly done and would have come across as disrespectful and ugly to many people.

I remember dying my hair orange one Halloween and spending all afternoon listening to a cassette tape on how to sound Irish. I got a few laughs at the Halloween party I went to in Orlando. We were all under 21 and there was no alcohol at this party. My Irish character, Fitzmichael, did not say anything about alcohol at the party. He just acted goofy and had a completely overdone accent. Maybe offensively overdone. And his hair was neon orange, since party City didn't have natural orange that day. So a girl my age that I'd never met before said that she was offended. I asked why, trying to stay in character. I expected her to say that she knew some actual Irish people and their accent was much less ridiculous. Instead, she said that I was making it like all Irish people are drunk. I said, only one of us said anything about Irish people being drunk and it's you. She walked away, never saw her again.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-26-2018, 09:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: Correct me if I'm remembering wrong but didn't SNL have Fred Armisen as their first Obama impersonator in 2008 and 2009? And he wore makeup to darken his skin. I do think there's a difference between what Al Jolson did and what Jimmy Kimmel did.  If the makeup is well done, you just look like an actual black person, not an ugly caricature.  That said, no average parent is going to have the time, skill, or patience to tastefully change their kid's racefor Halloween.  The Diana Rosses that Kelly remembers seeing were almost certainly poorly done and would have come across as disrespectful and ugly to many people.

I remember dying my hair orange one Halloween and spending all afternoon listening to a cassette tape on how to sound Irish.  I got a few laughs at the Halloween party I went to in Orlando.  We were all under 21 and there was no alcohol at this party. My Irish character, Fitzmichael, did not say anything about alcohol at the party.  He just acted goofy and had a completely overdone accent.  Maybe offensively overdone.  And his hair was neon orange, since party City didn't have natural orange that day.  So a girl my age that I'd never met before said that she was offended.   I asked why, trying to stay in character.  I expected her to say that she knew some actual Irish people and their accent was much less ridiculous.  Instead, she said that I was making it like all Irish people are drunk. I said, only one of us said anything about Irish people being drunk and it's you.  She walked away, never saw her again.

Im surprised you didnt try to fight her, just to "stay in (offensive) character." That you don't correlate "acting goofy" with a devious allusion to drunken behavior that harkens to a hurtful and offensive stereotype is emblematic of your disrespect of my people and your callous attempt to have fun at our cultural expense. That or you know exactly what you were doing to virtue signal to the other anti-Catholic, anti-Irish bigots who would respond to such a prominent dog whistle. So, are you ignorant or evil? Maybe both really.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-26-2018, 09:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: Correct me if I'm remembering wrong but didn't SNL have Fred Armisen as their first Obama impersonator in 2008 and 2009? And he wore makeup to darken his skin. I do think there's a difference between what Al Jolson did and what Jimmy Kimmel did.  If the makeup is well done, you just look like an actual black person, not an ugly caricature.  That said, no average parent is going to have the time, skill, or patience to tastefully change their kid's racefor Halloween.  The Diana Rosses that Kelly remembers seeing were almost certainly poorly done and would have come across as disrespectful and ugly to many people.

I remember dying my hair orange one Halloween and spending all afternoon listening to a cassette tape on how to sound Irish.  I got a few laughs at the Halloween party I went to in Orlando.  We were all under 21 and there was no alcohol at this party. My Irish character, Fitzmichael, did not say anything about alcohol at the party.  He just acted goofy and had a completely overdone accent.  Maybe offensively overdone.  And his hair was neon orange, since party City didn't have natural orange that day.  So a girl my age that I'd never met before said that she was offended.   I asked why, trying to stay in character.  I expected her to say that she knew some actual Irish people and their accent was much less ridiculous.  Instead, she said that I was making it like all Irish people are drunk. I said, only one of us said anything about Irish people being drunk and it's you.  She walked away, never saw her again.

I once went to a Halloween party as the devil, with a red face. Fortunately neither the Native Americans nor the Satanists took offense.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I once went to a Halloween party wrapped in strips of cloth, like a mummy in a wheelchair. I offended ancient dead Egyptians. It made it all worthwhile.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-26-2018, 12:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 11:36 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: From what I understand about what she said, there really was nothing wrong with it.  She is basically a victim of PC madness.

Do you think African-Americans have no reason to be offended by white people in blackface makeup?

I would hope they would be more offended by white people saying they're black, a la Rachel Dolezal. 

If the white person is doing it to be hateful, then I can understand the black person getting upset, but if a white person wants to dress up as a black celebrity for Halloween is that a bad thing?

Meanwhile, Cankles said all black people look alike...

Meh, Kelly and her integrity have been chasing the ol' mighty dollar for years. Bye.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Yeah as wonder how much they will give her to pay the rest of her contract out? As heard it was up to like $50M. But Fox News also says they do not want her back. So it would be a miracle if she came back. NBC also canned Matt Lauer and they are great at canning people it seems.
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

(10-28-2018, 03:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I would hope they would be more offended by white people saying they're black, a la Rachel Dolezal. 

If the white person is doing it to be hateful, then I can understand the black person getting upset, but if a white person wants to dress up as a black celebrity for Halloween is that a bad thing?

Apparently only if you actually color your skin according to Roker.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/01/entertain...index.html

[Image: 110118-al-roker-halloween-costume-today....410&crop=1]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Nick Cannon
Marlon and Shawn Wayans
Chris Rock
Martin Lawerence
Tyra Banks
Chamillionaire
Whoopi "I Hate the Don" Goldberg
Lester Holt
All have done racist white face bits or characters.

Jimmy Fallon, Kimmel, and Sarah Silverman have all done blackface

It's different when you're rich and famous.

(11-07-2018, 05:52 PM)Kane Wrote: Nick Cannon
Marlon and Shawn Wayans
Chris Rock
Martin Lawerence
Tyra Banks
Chamillionaire
Whoopi "I Hate the Don" Goldberg
Lester Holt
All have done racist white face bits or characters.

Jimmy Fallon, Kimmel, and Sarah Silverman have all done blackface

It's different when you're rich and famous lefty.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 08:52 PM by Predator.)

(11-02-2018, 08:17 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I would hope they would be more offended by white people saying they're black, a la Rachel Dolezal. 

Apparently only if you actually color your skin according to Roker.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/01/entertain...index.html

[Image: 110118-al-roker-halloween-costume-today....410&crop=1]

But he had to wear a white person's hair wig to get his costume across. You are still showcasing a racial trait. I don't see much of a difference.

Lie with dogs, you're going to get fleas.

She's got an incredible payday, though. Timing can be everything.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."