Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump to rewrite Constitution with executive order

(11-07-2018, 09:15 PM)pirkster Wrote: The lunacy of some in this thread... Kavanaugh was the most qualified and as or more honorable of character than any justice since Scalia or Kennedy.

His character assassination was pure fabrication.  A sick, inexcusable partisan attack.

More than that, it sets the tone for every single nomination moving forward.  It's the blueprint for baseless opposition attacks.

That is what the divisive, destructive radical left has contributed to changing politics forever.  If you were fine with that circus, then congratulations.  You are just as responsible for it.

Kavanaugh worked in a political role for Bush 43.
a colleague approached him with documents that had been clearly stolen off of Democratic senators' computers.
He should have reported the theft to the FBI.
Instead he not only kept the theft secret but gave the stolen info to his friends.
And he has never admitted his role nor apologized.
Read the same story back and change the name Kavanaugh to Kagan, Bush to Clinton, and Democratic to Republican.
Think about how you would feel.
Kavanaugh should never have been given the opportunity to work as a federal judge.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-07-2018, 09:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: Kavanaugh worked in a political role for Bush 43.
a colleague approached him with documents that had been clearly stolen off of Democratic senators' computers.
Instead he not only kept the theft secret but gave the stolen info to his friends.
Read the same story back and change the name Kavanaugh to Kagan, Bush to Clinton, and Democratic to Republican.
Kavanaugh should never have been given the opportunity to work as a federal judge.

He never saw the memos, just the information.

The suspicion is that he should've known it was stolen due to the extensive detail of the provided information. He claimed that he believed it was gathered from people on the opposing side that offered it to the person showing him. There was nothing "clearly stolen" about the information. It's only "clearly stolen" to persons wanting it to be "clearly stolen". Trump's staff should be evidence enough that inside information is leaked by supposedly trusted employees, and this was Kavanaugh's impression from the beginning.

The person that actually showed Kavanaugh said that he never told him it was stolen. Besides, Kavanaugh didn't even review all of the documents but only portions of it.

You're definitely jumping to conclusions here.

(12-07-2018, 09:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: Kavanaugh worked in a political role for Bush 43.

Working in a political role for a President should be more than enough to disqualify anyone from being a federal judge, but that's just me thinking out loud.

(12-07-2018, 09:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

He never saw the memos, just the information.

The suspicion is that he should've known it was stolen due to the extensive detail of the provided information. He claimed that he believed it was gathered from people on the opposing side that offered it to the person showing him. There was nothing "clearly stolen" about the information. It's only "clearly stolen" to persons wanting it to be "clearly stolen". Trump's staff should be evidence enough that inside information is leaked by supposedly trusted employees, and this was Kavanaugh's impression from the beginning.

The person that actually showed Kavanaugh said that he never told him it was stolen. Besides, Kavanaugh didn't even review all of the documents but only portions of it.

The material would have been the property of a Democratic party Senator, even if it was just a draft from a low level staff member.  A leak would have been prosecutable both civilly and criminally.
Leaks out of the Trump administration are also prosecutable but they are a bit different.  They are generally spoken words, not written, and they generally are talking about the President's words behind closed doors, not his political plans.

(12-07-2018, 11:36 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 09:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: He never saw the memos, just the information.

The material would have been the property of a Democratic party Senator, even if it was just a draft from a low level staff member.  A leak would have been prosecutable both civilly and criminally.
Leaks out of the Trump administration are also prosecutable but they are a bit different.  They are generally spoken words, not written, and they generally are talking about the President's words behind closed doors, not his political plans.

In order for it to be criminal, he has to knowingly possess or knowingly distribute stolen materials. He’s saying he didn’t know it was stolen because leaking information from insiders on the opposing side is a common occurrence—which is true.

(12-09-2018, 09:50 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 11:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: The material would have been the property of a Democratic party Senator, even if it was just a draft from a low level staff member.  A leak would have been prosecutable both civilly and criminally.

In order for it to be criminal, he has to knowingly possess or knowingly distribute stolen materials. He’s saying he didn’t know it was stolen because leaking information from insiders on the opposing side is a common occurrence—which is true.

If you produce a document for your boss, during your working hours, that document is your boss's property.  It is not yours to distribute to your boss's enemies and your boss would fire you if he found out.  
How do I know this, you ask.
My employer is based in Orlando and we work for both Disney and Universal. We could tell Disney people things that they would like to know about Universal's plans and Universal people things they would like to know about Disney's plans. of course we do not know everything Disney's doing nor do we know everything Universal is doing, we only know the things that they asked us for help on. But they have safeguards to make sure that this doesn't happen, and if either caught us trying to do this we would probably never work for either again.

(12-09-2018, 10:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 09:50 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: In order for it to be criminal, he has to knowingly possess or knowingly distribute stolen materials. He’s saying he didn’t know it was stolen because leaking information from insiders on the opposing side is a common occurrence—which is true.

If you produce a document for your boss, during your working hours, that document is your boss's property.  It is not yours to distribute to your boss's enemies and your boss would fire you if he found out.  
My employer is based in Orlando and we work for both Disney and Universal. We could tell Disney people things that they would like to know about Universal's plans and Universal people things they would like to know about Disney's plans. of course we do not know everything Disney's doing nor do we know everything Universal is doing, we only know the things that they asked us for help on. But they have safeguards to make sure that this doesn't happen, and if either caught us trying to do this we would probably never work for either again.

That is irrelevant to the discussion of Justice Kavanaugh.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-09-2018, 10:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 10:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: If you produce a document for your boss, during your working hours, that document is your boss's property.  It is not yours to distribute to your boss's enemies and your boss would fire you if he found out.  

It's not though. Disney and Universal are competitors who keep secrets from each other in the context of their competition, the same way the Democratic and Republican senators are.
The idea that there was anybody employed in any kind of legislative or judicial role, anywhere in Washington DC, during any of our lifetimes who did not believe that to be the case and know that to be the case is the worst kind of wishful thinking.

(12-09-2018, 11:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 10:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That is irrelevant to the discussion of Justice Kavanaugh.

It's not though. Disney and Universal are competitors who keep secrets from each other in the context of their competition, the same way the Democratic and Republican senators are.
The idea that there was anybody employed in any kind of legislative or judicial role, anywhere in Washington DC, during any of our lifetimes who did not believe that to be the case and know that to be the case is the worst kind of wishful thinking.
Intellectual Property Rights is irrelevant to the discussion of the Justice and Capital Hill’s public service. Oddly enough the Ds and Rs are there for a common goal. The Washington Post opinion piece you seem to be alluding to in your reasoning why Kavanaugh was not the ideal candidate is out of touch with the information flow in and around Capital Hill. So, in hindsight, because he shook off and didn't Whistleblow with information that “possibly” was gained through dishonest methods, he’s complicit? Meh, someone is going to pull something in that reach.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2018, 01:56 AM by pirkster.)

(12-09-2018, 10:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 10:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: If you produce a document for your boss, during your working hours, that document is your boss's property.  It is not yours to distribute to your boss's enemies and your boss would fire you if he found out.  

There is no reasoning with partisan hacks, who know no reasoning.

Their intellectual betrayal for serving and adhering to the mantras of their cult cannot be underestimated.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(12-27-2018, 01:56 AM)pirkster Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 10:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That is irrelevant to the discussion of Justice Kavanaugh.

There is no reasoning with partisan hacks, who know no reasoning.

Their intellectual betrayal for serving and adhering to the mantras of their cult cannot be underestimated.

One finger points out, three fingers point back at you. I'm not a partisan on this matter, not at all. I supported the appointment of Neil Gorsuch 100%

(12-27-2018, 01:45 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 01:56 AM)pirkster Wrote: There is no reasoning with partisan hacks, who know no reasoning.

One finger points out, three fingers point back at you. I'm not a partisan on this matter, not at all. I supported the appointment of Neil Gorsuch 100%

Nah, like Disney we point at you with the entire hand.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato