Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Is it..
Yes
No
Pass he sucks we need other positions
[Show Results]

Should we just draft nathan peterman in round 2..

Lamp or Robinson por favor.  

Not a fan of Peterman really. He's been touted as a "pro style" and most "pro ready" QB but in reality the offense he ran last year was very different from any offense in the NFL. He took snaps under center yes but everything else was rollouts and gimicky jet sweeps which basically centered around RPOs on every play. His arm is decent but not a rocket, very jittery in the pocket too. No thanks!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lamp or Robinson por favor.

Not a fan of Peterman really. He's been touted as a "pro style" and most "pro ready" QB but in reality the offense he ran last year was very different from any offense in the NFL. He took snaps under center yes but everything else was rollouts and gimicky jet sweeps which basically centered around RPOs on every play. His arm is decent but not a rocket, very jittery in the pocket too. No thanks!

I watched his videos, and I seen something completely different.

In this 20 minute video, he rolled out 4 times. They ran 0 gimmicky jet sweep plays. He was jittery 0 times. He showed excellent touch on the deep ball and showed great arm strength on deep post and crossing patterns. He can make all the throws. Reminds me of Dalton.

https://youtu.be/fb1Ge2dFvio

Quote:In this 20 minute video, he rolled out 4 times. They ran 0 gimmicky jet sweep plays. He was jittery 0 times. He showed excellent touch on the deep ball and showed great arm strength on deep post and crossing patterns. He can make all the throws. Reminds me of Dalton.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://youtu.be/fb1Ge2dFvio'>https://youtu.be/fb1Ge2dFvio</a>
Best QB in this draft. Slept on. If he's there in the 3rd I hope we take him or a TE.

2. Lamp, Robinson, Feeney or Dawkins

3. Peterman or Shaheen

Quote:Best QB in this draft. Slept on. If he's there in the 3rd I hope we take him or a TE.

2. Lamp, Robinson, Feeney or Dawkins

3. Peterman or Shaheen

Yeah, guys are sleeping on him for sure. He's gonna be a steal.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2017, 07:27 AM by BritishJag.)

The smart move is to build the line, add the elite RB and get a TE. If Bortles stinks this year we'll have the perfect situation for a QB to come in. If he plays well then we don't need to waste a pick on a QB.

I do think the Jaguars would have to take Peterman to get him or else the Bills are getting him at #44, however, I can't take him over Lamp.

'02

Why in the second? There is a good change he will be there in the 3rd. If they go QB in the second it should be Deshone Kizer 

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

If we thought he was a high level, franchise QB we should have taken him in the first round.

We clearly don't so we didn't.

Be smart, take Lamp/Robinson and have a nice day.

Quote:I say yes do it.. We need a qb.. Im afraid if we don't have one were still gonna be labeled average..

We must improve in order to be average.  No 2nd or 3rd round qb in this draft is going to do that.

[Image: giphy.gif]

They take him round 3.  

Quote:Why in the second? There is a good change he will be there in the 3rd. If they go QB in the second it should be Deshone Kizer

Bingo on Peterman.  I never thought there was even remote interest in Kizer, and I'm actually glad Cleveland decided to go down that path.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The question now becomes, "Do we just draft Nathaniel Peterman in round four"?

'02

Quote:The question now becomes, "Do we just draft Nathaniel Peterman in round four"?

Or round 5.  Fingers crossed.

If we want him in the fourth, he's ours.

He'll be gone by round five though.

I'd take him now at 4. If not him, then an OG.

We should take him with our 6th round pick.

Jags take Petermen in round 4.  He's the best player available at a position of need.  Can't trust Henne to be the backup, and worst case scenario is you groom Petermen to start next year if Blake fails.  

There are still some decent OG sitting there...I like Siragusa.

I'd still hold til the 5th.

How far the board has fallen when your first round QB struggles, and fans expect a savior QB in the late rounds.

Slow that roll.

I'd like to add a QB like Jerod Evans, sure.  But that kind of QB would be competing with Allen, not Bortles.

If it gets to Allen or rookie QB, the season is tanked.  Neither of the two would be a QB of the future.  We made that mistake with Garrard.  He was never a solution, but a bridge... a bridge too far because we never went after a franchise QB while he was hoarding the spot.

If we need a franchise QB, it will be through trade or draft during or after this season.

We may pick up a QB, and I'd prefer we do in this draft... but it won't be with the intention we'll be hitching our wagon to him anytime in the foreseeable future, and not likely ever.  It would be like buying a scratch off... sure, you may win but you're more likely just making a donation and don't get your hopes up.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."