Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Media Outrage over Racist Statements

(11-01-2018, 08:51 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 06:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think the "blacks owe..." statemernt is dead on. Do you disagree?

You're so far off the deep end that you've become shallow.

Soooo, blacks owe their freedom to black people? Asians? Arabs?  Because I don't think that's accurate. No, white people struggled for blacks to be free and without them it wouldn't have happened. To refuse to accept that, as this other fellow is doing, is to denigrate their sacrifices for a cause in which they believed.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2018, 11:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 08:51 PM)TJBender Wrote: You're so far off the deep end that you've become shallow.

Soooo, blacks owe their freedom to black people? Asians? Arabs?  Because I don't think that's accurate. No, white people struggled for blacks to be free and without them it wouldn't have happened. To refuse to accept that, as this other fellow is doing, is to denigrate their sacrifices for a cause in which they believed.

Nobody owes freedom to anyone.
The Northern whites did an excellent thing.  They defeated bad, oppressive men, the Southern whites.  That's all that needs to be said about it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-02-2018, 11:56 AM)mikesez Wrote: The Northern whites did an excellent thing.  They defeated bad, oppressive men, the Southern whites.  That's all that needs to be said about it.

Nice try but no. The slave-owning Northerners fought because the President declared war. The Southern states had filed for divorce and Lincoln said Nobody Divorces Me [BLEEP]!!

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2018, 01:05 PM by JackCity.)

(11-01-2018, 06:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 04:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: The guy who says the only serious race war in the country is the one against white people? And that blacks owe their freedom to white people?  

So maybe it is better to call him a racist, than a white supremacist.

I think the "blacks owe..." statemernt is dead on. Do you disagree?

(11-01-2018, 09:43 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 04:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: The guy who says the only serious race war in the country is the one against white people? And that blacks owe their freedom to white people?  

So maybe it is better to call him a racist, than a white supremacist.

So he doesn't support white supremacists?

He's also not racist because he disagrees with which race is most vulnerable to this "race war". As for the black people owing freedom to whites comment, that comment specifically addresses white people advocating, fighting, and dying to free slaves.
No I guess not. Racist fits well though. 
Eh yeah that would be a racist view to have. Considering everything black people have and still are going through Vs white people in America.  
Okay but the other side of that is all of the white people advocating , fighting and dying to keep black people as sub human simply due to skin colour. And that's something that still happens every day today. So no , they don't "owe" white people anything.  
It's wild the ridiculous lengths you guys will go to just because someone is on your team politically.

Horowitz also claimed that those who follow Islam are worse than the Nazis.

(11-02-2018, 11:56 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 11:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Soooo, blacks owe their freedom to black people? Asians? Arabs?  Because I don't think that's accurate. No, white people struggled for blacks to be free and without them it wouldn't have happened. To refuse to accept that, as this other fellow is doing, is to denigrate their sacrifices for a cause in which they believed.

Nobody owes freedom to anyone.
The Northern whites did an excellent thing.  They defeated bad, oppressive men, the Southern whites.  That's all that needs to be said about it.

Your idealistic nonsense doesn't exist in the real world. People fought great fights at the cost of much blood to secure those freedoms. That you don't appreciate that fact says quite a bit about your outlook on life.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2018, 01:35 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(11-02-2018, 06:56 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: I was trying to relate back to US history though, but you are correct in that slavery is not a problem created by the white man, however, it is definitely one emphasized by him. And to deny that is pointless, especially with this playground argument that "others did it first, so its kind of okay/not our fault". The violation of human rights by Katar and parts of Africa are equally terrible, but i dont understand how this can be fabricated into an excuse, or even more blatantly, "credit", for white people.
Also look at how black people were treated after slavery was abolished. Yes, slavery was done, but to say that their lives equated that of a free (white) man is ridiculous. We could start a whole discussion over the term "freedom". Is freedom not being a slave? Is freedom being able to go to the same places as other ethnicities? Sitting in the same seats?

The statement that "black people owe whites their freedom" is basically like saying the jews owe the Germans, because hey, small groups of them fought the nazis and their regime at the time and lost their lives. Or maybe they owe the russians, who 'saved' them from the nazis by winning the war (only to then be oppressed by Stalin).
I understand that these fights need to be acknowledged, but to derive from that that another ethnicity or minority owes them anything is bull and just shows how high some people are on their white race.

Horowitz is a plain racist that constantly fuels hate against minorities. He calls the BLM movement racist and blames black people on their inability to progress as a culture. To somehow look for truth in the [BLEEP] that is coming out of this biggots mouth is just a big tell on where people stand when it comes to racial inequality.

How was it definitely "emphasized" by white men? Such a loose use of the word should be explained. What does that even mean?

This "playground argument" is your words, not mine. I've never made that argument, and I certainly didn't say it now. I've been very clear what my point was, so I'm not sure why you don't understand it. You, and others, indicated that African slavery is the fault of the white man. I'm saying that Europeans contributed to it, but so too did Arabs and Africans. THEREFORE, the blame you (and others) give has to fall equally in Africans and Arabs. In other words, you can't exclusively blame Europeans when Arabs and Africans have been enslaving Africans for centuries... especially considering that Europeans are the only group not currently doing it today.

I think the premise of BLM isn't racist. I think the BLM movement is racist too, but I'm confident you've already decided I'm racist without even knowing that. This is the problem with the left when it comes to discussing racism. If anyone disagrees with you or your view, they're racist bigot and shouldn't be tolerated. Nothing you provided is proof that he's racist. He's advocating for accountability, and you're implying that black people are incapable of succeeding in today's America... because racism. You're the one with an inferior view on black Americans.

(11-02-2018, 01:02 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 06:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think the "blacks owe..." statemernt is dead on. Do you disagree?

(11-01-2018, 09:43 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: So he doesn't support white supremacists?

He's also not racist because he disagrees with which race is most vulnerable to this "race war". As for the black people owing freedom to whites comment, that comment specifically addresses white people advocating, fighting, and dying to free slaves.
No I guess not. Racist fits well though. 
Eh yeah that would be a racist view to have. Considering everything black people have and still are going through Vs white people in America.  
Okay but the other side of that is all of the white people advocating , fighting and dying to keep black people as sub human simply due to skin colour. And that's something that still happens every day today. So no , they don't "owe" white people anything.  
It's wild the ridiculous lengths you guys will go to just because someone is on your team politically.  

That's absurd. That isn't racist. Everything you disagree with must be racist.

Where do white people fight and die to keep black people oppressed? 

Can you source that Horowitz quote because I haven't seen that.

(11-02-2018, 01:31 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 06:56 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: I was trying to relate back to US history though, but you are correct in that slavery is not a problem created by the white man, however, it is definitely one emphasized by him. And to deny that is pointless, especially with this playground argument that "others did it first, so its kind of okay/not our fault". The violation of human rights by Katar and parts of Africa are equally terrible, but i dont understand how this can be fabricated into an excuse, or even more blatantly, "credit", for white people.
Also look at how black people were treated after slavery was abolished. Yes, slavery was done, but to say that their lives equated that of a free (white) man is ridiculous. We could start a whole discussion over the term "freedom". Is freedom not being a slave? Is freedom being able to go to the same places as other ethnicities? Sitting in the same seats?

The statement that "black people owe whites their freedom" is basically like saying the jews owe the Germans, because hey, small groups of them fought the nazis and their regime at the time and lost their lives. Or maybe they owe the russians, who 'saved' them from the nazis by winning the war (only to then be oppressed by Stalin).
I understand that these fights need to be acknowledged, but to derive from that that another ethnicity or minority owes them anything is bull and just shows how high some people are on their white race.

Horowitz is a plain racist that constantly fuels hate against minorities. He calls the BLM movement racist and blames black people on their inability to progress as a culture. To somehow look for truth in the [BLEEP] that is coming out of this biggots mouth is just a big tell on where people stand when it comes to racial inequality.

How was it definitely "emphasized" by white men? Such a loose use of the word should be explained. What does that even mean?

This "playground argument" is your words, not mine. I've never made that argument, and I certainly didn't say it now. I've been very clear what my point was, so I'm not sure why you don't understand it. You, and others, indicated that African slavery is the fault of the white man. I'm saying that Europeans contributed to it, but so too did Arabs and Africans. THEREFORE, the blame you (and others) give has to fall equally in Africans and Arabs. In other words, you can't exclusively blame Europeans when Arabs and Africans have been enslaving Africans for centuries... especially considering that Europeans are the only group not currently doing it today.

I think the premise of BLM isn't racist. I think the BLM movement is racist too, but I'm confident you've already decided I'm racist without even knowing that. This is the problem with the left when it comes to discussing racism. If anyone disagrees with you or your view, they're racist bigot and shouldn't be tolerated. Nothing you provided is proof that he's racist. He's advocating for accountability, and you're implying that black people are incapable of succeeding in today's America... because racism. You're the one with an inferior view on black Americans.

(11-02-2018, 01:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: No I guess not. Racist fits well though. 

Whitey bad, m'kayyyyyyy?

(11-02-2018, 01:31 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

(11-02-2018, 01:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: No I guess not. Racist fits well though. 

Everything I diagree with isn't racist. That particular line of thinking is.

https://dailycollegian.com/2010/02/contr...-students/   

It's in here, he calls Palestinian elected officials Nazis too. It's a common theme for him.

(11-01-2018, 08:35 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Blacks were enslaved in Africa by other blacks and the first slave owner in America was a black man.  Lincoln did not free any slaves.  Slavery remained legal in the North after the Emancipation Proclamation, and Lincoln had no jurisdiction to make law or proclamations in the South.  Lincoln also believed the black man was inferior and could not co-exist with whites.  He wanted the freed slaves sent back to Africa.

It seems like today's Democrats also believe blacks are inferior.  Why would they lobby for special protections and advantages if they believe blacks are equal?

Wasn't the first black man to be sold as a slave sold by another black man?

Many African Americans were sold into slavery by other Africans. Slavery was a common practice in Africa, so they sold slaves to the Europeans and took part in the slave trade.
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

Orange man Bad
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(11-02-2018, 06:52 PM)13Coronas Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 08:35 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Blacks were enslaved in Africa by other blacks and the first slave owner in America was a black man.  Lincoln did not free any slaves.  Slavery remained legal in the North after the Emancipation Proclamation, and Lincoln had no jurisdiction to make law or proclamations in the South.  Lincoln also believed the black man was inferior and could not co-exist with whites.  He wanted the freed slaves sent back to Africa.

It seems like today's Democrats also believe blacks are inferior.  Why would they lobby for special protections and advantages if they believe blacks are equal?

Wasn't the first black man to be sold as a slave sold by another black man?

Many African Americans were sold into slavery by other Africans. Slavery was a common practice in Africa, so they sold slaves to the Europeans and took part in the slave trade.

Slavery is a common practice in Africa. For some reason we don't have it here, but we're the evil ones. Rolleyes

(11-03-2018, 07:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 06:52 PM)13Coronas Wrote: Wasn't the first black man to be sold as a slave sold by another black man?

Slavery is a common practice in Africa. For some reason we don't have it here, but we're the evil ones. Rolleyes

Virtue involves more than being better than the worst or most backwards people on Earth.
Then again you've already said you don't believe in virtue.
Then you act surprised when people insinuate that you are evil.

(11-03-2018, 10:40 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 07:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Slavery is a common practice in Africa. For some reason we don't have it here, but we're the evil ones. Rolleyes

Virtue involves more than being better than the worst or most backwards people on Earth.

How dare you refer to Africans as "backwards" you racist!

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2018, 02:44 PM by 13Coronas.)

(11-03-2018, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 10:40 AM)mikesez Wrote: Virtue involves more than being better than the worst or most backwards people on Earth.

as above so as below
as day is the same as night
as hot is to cold
backward is to forward
there are green tablets out there

(11-03-2018, 10:40 AM)mikesez Wrote: Virtue involves more than being better than the worst or most backwards people on Earth.

there is the my people   launch line
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 05:17 PM by Kane.)

God I can't even read all the idiocy in this thread...

Did someone just say you can be white and hispanic?

Like... i mean.. I get that you can be part this and part that.... even 1/1024th of something.
But let's not pretend like we don't all fill out those little white cards the same. You don't select white and hispanic, you select one or the other.

And if a white man says "they all look the same" about any race, gender, religions, creed, color, sexual orientation... that white man is a bigot, racist, misogynist, etc etc etc etc

It really is sickening the double standard from PC Police/Antifia crowd.

Oooooh got em with a lil race bait...

what's good for the goose, amirite?

(11-05-2018, 05:15 PM)Kane Wrote: God I can't even read all the idiocy in this thread...

Like... i mean.. I get that you can be part this and part that.... even 1/1024th of something.
But let's not pretend like we don't all fill out those little white cards the same. You don't select white and hispanic, you select one or the other.

And if a white man says "they all look the same" about any race, gender, religions, creed, color, sexual orientation... that white man is a bigot, racist, misogynist, etc etc etc etc

White is a race.  The races include white, black, asian/pacific islander, and native american.  Race involves a broad region and a physical appearance.
Hispanic is an ethnicity.  Other ethnicities include Chinese, Japanese, Gujarathi, etc. Ethnicity has to do with language and culture more than appearance or genetics.  Within the Hispanic ethnicity, there are about 20 nationalities and multiple races, including black Hispanics and white Hispanics.

(11-02-2018, 12:04 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 11:56 AM)mikesez Wrote: The Northern whites did an excellent thing.  They defeated bad, oppressive men, the Southern whites.  That's all that needs to be said about it.

Nice try but no.  The slave-owning Northerners fought because the President declared war.  The Southern states had filed for divorce and Lincoln said Nobody Divorces Me [BLEEP]!!
It's like people don't even pay attention when reading American history.

The civil war was much less about slavery and much more about the Southern states RIGHT to secede from the Union.
And the Union decided that even though secession was legal and within the rights of those states, they would wage war to prevent it.
Why?
Cash crops like tobacco and cotton of course.

Like with many wars, the war which is basically taught as nice whites and saved blacks vs bad whites and slaves, was actually about money and power.
Not about people.
Oh an Lincoln wasn't exactly a savior of the black peoples either. He tried to get many of them to leave. Some to other colonization efforts in the Caribbean and Liberia.

(11-05-2018, 05:30 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 05:15 PM)Kane Wrote: God I can't even read all the idiocy in this thread...

White is a race.  The races include white, black, asian/pacific islander, and native american.  Race involves a broad region and a physical appearance.
Hispanic is an ethnicity.  Other ethnicities include Chinese, Japanese, Gujarathi, etc. Ethnicity has to do with language and culture more than appearance or genetics.  Within the Hispanic ethnicity, there are about 20 nationalities and multiple races, including black Hispanics and white Hispanics.

Alright alright you got me caught up in the details of it all....
Your race groups seem pretty loose but I'll accept it for now, even though white is most certainly not a race but a color of skin (or lack of color rather)
Caucasian is the term that should be used, especially by people who preach PC talk.

So I mean... in theory Mexicans are either Caucasian or Native American (I'd lean native American but I digress) but that shouldn't deflect from the idea that if I were to make such a comment about any body of people "all looking the same" I would be vilified, no?

(11-05-2018, 05:34 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 12:04 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Nice try but no.  The slave-owning Northerners fought because the President declared war.  The Southern states had filed for divorce and Lincoln said Nobody Divorces Me [BLEEP]!!

The civil war was much less about slavery and much more about the Southern states RIGHT to secede from the Union.
And the Union decided that even though secession was legal and within the rights of those states, they would wage war to prevent it.
Why?

Like with many wars, the war which is basically taught as nice whites and saved blacks vs bad whites and slaves, was actually about money and power.
Not about people.
Oh an Lincoln wasn't exactly a savior of the black peoples either. He tried to get many of them to leave. Some to other colonization efforts in the Caribbean and Liberia.

Get out of here with that truth and common sense.  It's not what they teach the children these days.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-05-2018, 05:34 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 12:04 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Nice try but no.  The slave-owning Northerners fought because the President declared war.  The Southern states had filed for divorce and Lincoln said Nobody Divorces Me [BLEEP]!!

Why?

Not about people.

Okay.  Say you're right, and it was about the Southern states' right to secede.  
Why were they seceding?