Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dr. Z. passes away

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/01/paul-z...riter-dies

A truly great sportswriter with a sharp wit and an innate understanding of the game, and a gift for making a page-long breakdown of blocking assignments into the most interesting thing you'll read all week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No idea who it is. Sorry. RIP I guess?
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-02-2018, 01:54 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: No idea who it is. Sorry. RIP I guess?

Why does that not surprise me?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Just read back through his "All time team" articles last night.

Insanely knowledgeable about the game, nobody can hold a candle to him today. He watched more tape than most coaches.

Also quite interesting that he was a big proponent of the advantages to writing online. It brought him much more freedom and less hassle. You don't often see those old school types embrace technology like that but that was Dr Z I guess.

Sucks, loved his weekly insights. RIP.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I also greatly respect the efforts of Peter King to keep Dr. Z's memory and writings alive after Z suffered his strokes. Zimmerman was a unique talent.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(11-02-2018, 03:40 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 01:54 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: No idea who it is. Sorry. RIP I guess?

Why does that not surprise me?
You seem nice. No one responded to his thread so I at least wanted to say something so it's not a reply less thread.

I very much enjoyed reading his columns and his insight
RIP Dr Z
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2018, 05:20 PM by Upper.)

Pour one out for the Potomac River Basin Indigenous Peoples.

(11-04-2018, 05:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Pour one out for the Potomac River Basin Indigenous Peoples.

Thaz Easterbrook not Dr Z.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato