Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thursday Night Football: Raiders vs 49ers

(11-01-2018, 10:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Let's see, draft Smoot where your are loaded at or the best blocking TE in college to help Fournette and your QB Bortles,hmmmm. Not to mention he also tour up the combine

Maybe a TE picked on him while he was at John Carroll or something. It's absolutely insane that we just had two of the best TE classes in history back to back and we wound up with zero.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2018, 11:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

The only good thing is this class has a good TE class too at least in the first 3 rounds or so. We need to take advantage of it this year while its good

(11-01-2018, 09:11 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Maybe Tanner Lee can be a Mullens. Just needs a chance

Even if Mullens was on the Jags Doug wouldnt have the balls to start him over Bortles.  It might hurt Daves feelings too.

(11-01-2018, 11:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The only good thing is this class has a good TE class too at least in the first 3 rounds or so. We need to take advantage of it this year while its good

Yeah this is looking like a third straight really good class. Gotta be the realization that a TE that is a mismatch in the passing game is >>>>> a blocking TE. Now college coaches are actually putting their freak athletes at TE. Dave surely won't ignore the position again...but I said that last year.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2018, 11:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

[Image: 45276520_2327407637334181_40441272043202...e=5C3E3ADE]

(11-01-2018, 11:34 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 11:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The only good thing is this class has a good TE class too at least in the first 3 rounds or so.  We need to take advantage of it this year while its good

Yeah this is looking like a third straight really good class. Gotta be the realization that a TE that is a mismatch in the passing game is >>>>> a blocking TE. Now college coaches are actually putting their freak athletes at TE. Dave surely won't ignore the position again...but I said that last year.

Have to get one that can do both, especially with the style we want to play.

(11-01-2018, 11:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 11:34 PM)Upper Wrote: Yeah this is looking like a third straight really good class. Gotta be the realization that a TE that is a mismatch in the passing game is >>>>> a blocking TE. Now college coaches are actually putting their freak athletes at TE. Dave surely won't ignore the position again...but I said that last year.

Have to get one that can do both, especially with the style we want to play.

Yeah the dual threats still exist, I was just theorizing why TE classes have gotten much better and deeper lately and I think that's why. It's not just put your big corn fed boys at TE and let them block, it's get your NFL caliber athletes there and let them go to work.

(11-01-2018, 11:50 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 11:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Have to get one that can do both, especially with the style we want to play.

Yeah the dual threats still exist, I was just theorizing why TE classes have gotten much better and deeper lately and I think that's why. It's not just put your big corn fed boys at TE and let them block, it's get your NFL caliber athletes there and let them go to work.

yep, Kittle is the prototype of what the Jags want in a TE and the writing was on the wall during the draft

Heres the question if Mullens continues to play like this, do we trade for him in the off season? Jimmy G is obviously still gonna start next year for them... the QB draft class is weak in my opinion and no good QB free agents.... If his play continues is Mullens the guy???

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This guy is just this year's Brock Osweiler/Matt Flynn

(11-02-2018, 02:03 AM)jaglyn Wrote: This guy is just this year's Brock Osweiler/Matt Flynn

This.  You guys need to stop sniffing his jock after one game.

Yeah he looked good but lets all remember it was vs the raiders.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2018, 08:20 AM by irontrooper83.)

Impressed by the way Mullens threw the ball, his quick release especially. Accurate, velocity, it was just one game against a horrible team but he played very well. The throw in traffic to Kittle was impressive, just as the catch the TE did.

Like others mentioned I'm also a Kittle fan. I was hoping the 49ers could have been in for the Fowler trade and we could try and bring Kittle up in the trade...I knew it was an impossible scenario though...

Raiders are a disaster. Curious to see how Gruden uses all those picks in next year's draft.

(11-02-2018, 02:32 AM)surfon Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 02:03 AM)jaglyn Wrote: This guy is just this year's Brock Osweiler/Matt Flynn

This.  You guys need to stop sniffing his jock after one game.
Nobodys saying hes the next elite qb, theyre just praising his performance or speculating... people can say it was just one game or against the raiders... but the guy was undrafted, didnt play a pro game for 2 years, practices only one week with the starters and had an awesome performance...

(11-02-2018, 04:25 AM)Jords808 Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 02:32 AM)surfon Wrote: This.  You guys need to stop sniffing his jock after one game.
Nobodys saying hes the next elite qb, theyre just praising his performance or speculating... people can say it was just one game or against the raiders... but the guy was undrafted, didnt play a pro game for 2 years, practices only one week with the starters and had an awesome performance...

I don't think people were even praising the performance itself, we were just surprised that he showed good mechanics, quick decision making, and a very quick and compact release. We don't see that very often around here.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2018, 08:21 AM by I am Yoda.)

Osweiller is playing well this year...

(11-02-2018, 04:25 AM)Jords808 Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 02:32 AM)surfon Wrote: This.  You guys need to stop sniffing his jock after one game.

Coaching is the difference with Mullen.  Would love to have a QB whisperer on the Jags staff.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Thank God we're not the raiders
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2018, 01:37 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

It took a few years for the genes to play out, but Derek Carr sucks just as bad as his brother now.. Captain check down with a B.S. fabricated high completion percentage who also eats a crap load of sacks.. just like his brother.

Yeah the Faiders are looking 2 years into the future for Tua. Gruden knows what he's doing.

(11-02-2018, 01:52 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Yeah the Faiders are looking 2 years into the future for Tua. Gruden knows what he's doing.

You could have fooled me... Rolleyes
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson